hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar

3/4 Season Ticket

Would it not make sense to have more season ticket releases this year. Rather than just a full season and a half-season, would it not make sense to release a 3/4 ticket, 1/2 and 1/4. Would there be a downside to this?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by McVey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would it not make sense to have more season ticket releases this year. Rather than just a full season and a half-season, would it not make sense to release a 3/4 ticket, 1/2 and 1/4. Would there be a downside to this?

What's the upside?

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    As things stand I doubt if there will be much uptake for a half season ticket, let alone a 3/4 season ticket. The situation remains as it was in the summer - no indication of any imminent return of the fans and I can't really see many fans who didn't buy in the summer being lured by the opportunity to hand over half the price of a season ticket rather than the full cost.

@hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    What's the upside?

Being able to watch the home games, supporting the club. I understand there may not be a great uptake but its just another chance for the club to make a bit of money.

Being able to watch the home games, supporting the club. I understand there may not be a great uptake but its just another chance for the club to make a bit of money.

Any additional funds will definitely help the club, it's just that I can't really envisage anybody buying three quarter or one quarter season tickets, especially as it seems we might not even get into any games this season.

If fans actually were allowed back, say from January, and the club sold half season tickets, some people that bought full season tickets would probably complain that it 'devalued'* theirs.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Any additional funds will definitely help the club, it's just that I can't really envisage anybody buying three quarter or one quarter season tickets, especially as it seems we might not even get into any games this season.

If fans actually were allowed back, say from January, and the club sold half season tickets, some people that bought full season tickets would probably complain that it 'devalued'* theirs.
    I'm not sure there would be many banging that drum about half STs, those who did wouldn't have the strongest arguement either I don't think.

As for 3/4 and 1/4 ST, I doubt they will be introduced to be honest.
    Mon the Hibs.

Why would anyone buy them ? The outlook for getting along to ER is probably worse than it was 4 months ago when we piled in to renew our STs. Despite being able to watch games on a laptop, it's crap compared to being there - worth a fiver at most.

If you go to the official site, you're still greeted by a pop up for season tickets.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.