hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

Ron Gordon, Hibs losses, support fund

Just seen this on BBC website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54297412

As far as I am aware it is not part of the interview he did a couple of weeks ago or is it?

Anyway, he doesn't want to sell, Hibs have made a significant loss this FY and there are funds available to get us through the COVID crisis.
    Last edited by Oscar T Grouch; 25-09-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I honestly think he's going to be brilliant for the club.

All of the things he's been speaking about and the things that we're already seeing being delivered (such as being the greenest club in Scotland, many more commercial deals, good use of stadium advertising for the tv games, being a club with a conscience (thank you NHS)- just on the non-playing side of things, and then hiring a sought after manager, spending money on players, getting tie-ins with other clubs) should set us on a path of real growth and success if we deliver it well, which it looks like we're doing.

I think we are a club going places just now, if it wasn't for Covid I think we'd be looking even healthier, but I would back us to bounce back very quickly when things are better.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'm glad he's here, it's all pretty plain talking and transparent. No surprises.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

As far as I am aware it is not part of the interview he did a couple of weeks ago or is it?

Anyway, he doesn't want to sell, Hibs have made a significant loss this FY and there are funds available to get us through the COVID crisis.
    The other one he did recently was with Sky. I like how he expresses himself as he comes over as focussed but also genuine.

More or less tick tock according to the financial experts on one league back

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index...dons-facility/

He's in for the long run, he has the financial facilities in place to ride the Covid storm and we know he has the investment plans in place to take the club forward...and we are not for sale.

All good news in trouble times. I'd rather him than Dr Bodge

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

They are a weird bunch

Looking forward to the Journey under Ron and he's correct we are very lucky to have Ross as our manager, he will make mistakes infact he even said he was kicking himself before we lost the 2nd on Sunday that he hadn't changes the shape. Ron will be great for our club.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I’m still sceptical, but if he keeps doing as he says that will change.

Great isn't it, they've been saying the same astutely analytical stuff for decades, meantime they never seen their own administration coming and despite having untold wealth for at least a decade look where they are now.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Great isn't it, they've been saying the same astutely analytical stuff for decades, meantime they never seen their own administration coming and despite having untold wealth for at least a decade look where they are now.

As if Dr Budge didn’t announce they were going to make losses by missing out on the gates from their home games and the semi, when the league was called.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    As if Dr Budge didn’t announce they were going to make losses by missing out on the gates from their home games and the semi, when the league was called.
    Another Budge businessy type thingy that only ticktockers who are familiar with the concept of bigliness can truly appreciate.

Forever in the shadow of their not quite finished over budget single tier megastand.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Bet the offer came from Dave Cormack. Not content with signing Hibs targets, he wants Hibs as well.

@hibs.net private member
    The report says ‘offers’ plural. Wonder who had been after us? Any informed speculation out there? Is it times like these that investors think buying Hibs is a good deal?

Because everyone knows the easiest way to acquire land for property development in Edinburgh is to buy a football club complete with passionate fan base and all the issues that come with that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Because everyone knows the easiest way to acquire land for property development in Edinburgh is to buy a football club complete with passionate fan base and all the issues that come with that.
    Worked out brilliantly for one Wallace Mercer

Not to mention his legacy and the journey to get the numpties there.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    The report says ‘offers’ plural. Wonder who had been after us? Any informed speculation out there? Is it times like these that investors think buying Hibs is a good deal?
    Interesting that there hasn’t been a sniff of that on here or in the media.

I’m not aware of the losses he talks about.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    They are a weird bunch

That place is both stupid and nasty. It’s a toxic combo.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Interesting that there hasn’t been a sniff of that on here or in the media.

I’m not aware of the losses he talks about.
    It’s interesting that he seems to have volunteered the information about potential buyers rather than responding to media rumours/ questions. Maybe they just didn’t offer enough?

The sheer bitterness is plain to see. Usually you might find a balance of argument but they are so blinded by the anger and hatred build up over the summer.

Club owner who wiped club debt and invested additional 7 figure sum and has made available transfer fees for players and those we didn’t manage to sign says that worse case if crowds don’t come back we might need to borrow a little from an agreed facility. Is that not the almost perfect (realistic) scenario when clubs are openly saying they might not survive the season?

And the bit that the Jambos just don’t get or more realistically don’t want to hear is - IF the season goes tits up and the lower leagues pull the plug, Hearts with a £8m pa player bill will be in the championship until 2022 at the earliest. TICK TOCK my maroon mutant friends 👍

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    That place is both stupid and nasty. It’s a toxic combo.
    Yep ignorant and arrogant is a shocking combo.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep ignorant and arrogant is a shocking combo.
    Looks like one of the things that you can combine the words.

Not sure what works best, arrogant or ignorant?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Looks like one of the things that you can combine the words.

Not sure what works best, arrogant or ignorant?
    Ignorogance?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I honestly think he's going to be brilliant for the club.

All of the things he's been speaking about and the things that we're already seeing being delivered (such as being the greenest club in Scotland, many more commercial deals, good use of stadium advertising for the tv games, being a club with a conscience (thank you NHS)- just on the non-playing side of things, and then hiring a sought after manager, spending money on players, getting tie-ins with other clubs) should set us on a path of real growth and success if we deliver it well, which it looks like we're doing.

I think we are a club going places just now, if it wasn't for Covid I think we'd be looking even healthier, but I would back us to bounce back very quickly when things are better.
    I posted the OP at the end of lunch and didn't have time to comment. Luckily Matty has summed it up for me here, Ron Gordon has and will be good for Hibs. I am also happy that this story has started the 'tick tock' on oneleagueback, it makes me happy that they will need to watch as we progress and they regress while thinking that we are going to go bust, but never do.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Ignorogance?
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

They don’t do irony obviously. There are quite a few very concerned jambos but don’t want to be hounded so keep quiet. You only have to look at the drastic slimming of their squad to see how strapped they are even with benny factors money. Every club will make losses bar maybe we’ll an the dons due to player sales. Every club will need very understanding owners. Not sure that applies to hertz. Btw not heard a peep for ages. Has budge lost her voice or something. I miss her comedy statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    The sheer bitterness is plain to see. Usually you might find a balance of argument but they are so blinded by the anger and hatred build up over the summer.

Club owner who wiped club debt and invested additional 7 figure sum and has made available transfer fees for players and those we didn’t manage to sign says that worse case if crowds don’t come back we might need to borrow a little from an agreed facility. Is that not the almost perfect (realistic) scenario when clubs are openly saying they might not survive the season?

And the bit that the Jambos just don’t get or more realistically don’t want to hear is - IF the season goes tits up and the lower leagues pull the plug, Hearts with a £8m pa player bill will be in the championship until 2022 at the earliest. TICK TOCK my maroon mutant friends 👍
    Your last paragraph is so true. Cant see how the championship will complete the fixtures. Tick tock indeed.

Ron on stv news sports bit about 615

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Ron on stv news sports bit about 615
    The interview is coming on Sportsound too, though not sure if it’s live

I've been very impressed with him so far. Lots of ambitious and exciting plans, decent level of communication and community outreach, plus he's put his money where his mouth is with some significant cash investment in the club.

Looking forward to hearing more from Ron in the future.