hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tom English/Ewan Murray combo at it again. What a pair.

https://twitter.com/tenglishsport/st...283143680?s=21
    Tom English talking about someone else's lack of self awareness while comprehensively getting the wrong end of the stick himself is actually quite funny.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Tom English talking about someone else's lack of self awareness while comprehensively getting the wrong end of the stick himself is actually quite funny.
    That’s where I’m at.

Coaching Staff
    Ewan Murray loves to throw in the 'bought Kevin Nisbet' line..........the same player Hearts tried to sign last minute fails to acknowledge that we also sold - all for 6 figure fees - Kamberi, Adam Jackson, and Daryl Horgan. whilst also loaning out Tom James. It's called working within a budget and not relying on benefactor hand-outs Ewan, it's called smart business, and it's called keeping a competitive product on the pitch in order to ensure we have a decent chance at retaining our top league position and getting through this pandemic as unscathed as possible .

It's lucky that pair aren't heads of BA or there'd be a plethora of baggage handlers, check-in staff, and stewards - but no pilots or planes

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Bans are damaging both ways.

Anyway, I suspect that Jackson doesnt get further than the Rangers training ground.

Ewan Murray is a golf correspondent for the Guardian who happens to be a (very, very) bitter Hearts fan. His tweets are personal, a bit like you tweeting that Hearts are crap, and this one is clearly just trolling.

That Tom English actually retweets his stuff tells you all we need to know about how bright English really is.

While this series of tweets is annoying to us, I suspect that LD and RG dont really care what they say/think.
    I actually spoke to someone at Hibs via e-mail a couple of years ago about certain journalists and media outlets having continuous pops at the club and the fans. The club is aware of this, and takes the view that banning journalists or media achieves nothing but feeding their ego.
    Last edited by Hibs90; 26-09-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    It’s not twisting the words it’s just completely misrepresenting the point of the article. To be expected from Murray as he’s only a pretend football journalist but it’s getting embarrassing now the way English has treated us this year
    I was going to just ignore the pretend Irishman, Tam Englisher, but what the **** is his game eh! he is paid by the bbc and this pay comes from all of our licence fees, this does not represent the neutral view one little bit. smacks of desperation as desperate as any jambo can get, not as bitter as most but still a bitter jambo arse licker.
    **** the hertz

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Tom English/Ewan Murray combo at it again. What a pair.

https://twitter.com/tenglishsport/st...283143680?s=21
    So we all know that English is pro-Hearts given his stubborn support for them over the summer. Despite everything regarding the halting of the League being explained to him time and time again he chose to ignore those explanations and battered on with his "opinion".

Now we have this, another deliberate approach in ignoring what LD's words are about and using the statement to criticise Hibs.

The bias is obvious here and those who have given the BBC's editorial stance the benefit of the doubt recently dont have a leg to stand on.

A clear bias against Hibs on show.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    I actually spoke to someone at Hibs via e-mail a couple of years ago about certain journalists and media outlets having continuous pops at the club and the fans. The club is aware of this, and takes the view that banning journalists or media achieves nothing but feeding their ego.
    Explains why we still let Kris Boyd and Brian McLauchlin into Easter Road then must earn a fortune from that pair at the food kiosks.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Bans are damaging both ways.

Anyway, I suspect that Jackson doesnt get further than the Rangers training ground.

Ewan Murray is a golf correspondent for the Guardian who happens to be a (very, very) bitter Hearts fan. His tweets are personal, a bit like you tweeting that Hearts are crap, and this one is clearly just trolling.

That Tom English actually retweets his stuff tells you all we need to know about how bright English really is.

While this series of tweets is annoying to us, I suspect that LD and RG dont really care what they say/think.
    They're a mix of seething and humiliated that they backed the wrong horse when they thought Budge would actually be capable of saving Hearts from relegation under the guise of actually delivering something/anything as part of her reconstruction proposal.

Best left to get on with being poor at what they do. I'm glad they're yams.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I'm glad they're yams.

Same.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

I was listening to a game on sportsound a few weeks back (honestly can't remember if it was even one of ours) and a half time English was making a point that all clubs think he is against them, Sutherland then stepped in with 'Hearts fans like you'.....English stopped the topic dead by saying, 'do you really want to open that can of worms'. Really stuck in my head that wee chat....think is was the sudden end when English was 'mocked'.

I see tom English is being a **** on Twitter again.

@hibs.net private member
    Aww man, my team is going to die and Ron the Con is going to make a fortune building flats. It must be true, KiwiDug***** says so

The day I take notice of what Tom English has to say about Hibs is the day I nip down to Tynecastle to buy a season ticket and leave my wife for the bloke down the road. He's made such a **** of himself since March that he has zero credibility left

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Sportsound said they’d play the interview in full this afternoon
    Programme starts at 2pm
    Did anybody catch this?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    Did anybody catch this?
    It wasn't on before 3pm
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    More or less tick tock according to the financial experts on one league back

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index...dons-facility/

I don't know why anybody pays attention to Yakback.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Weil View Post
    I was listening to a game on sportsound a few weeks back (honestly can't remember if it was even one of ours) and a half time English was making a point that all clubs think he is against them, Sutherland then stepped in with 'Hearts fans like you'.....English stopped the topic dead by saying, 'do you really want to open that can of worms'. Really stuck in my head that wee chat....think is was the sudden end when English was 'mocked'.
    Really? Sutherland has gone up in my estimation.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Could be taken as "Hearts fans approve of you" or "Hearts fans such as you".

Either way, English wasn't happy at being outed by his colleagues.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

That's quite an admission. For every club in Scotland to believe a sports writer is against them means he is doing something very wrong. To boast about it on air, when the very people he is antagonising (and who ultimately pay his wages) will be listening suggests he should not be in the job.

Tom English is not fit for purpose.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    So is the interview going to be on today then?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Tom English stirring up **** to justify his own position..business as usual then.

It’s been pointed out earlier in the thread; hearts not only tried to snap up Nisbet at the 11th hour, they also tried to jump in on Wright and Gogic. Also why has nobody in the press acknowledged that Hibs have received several fees and released a number of players?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Ewan Murray loves to throw in the 'bought Kevin Nisbet' line..........the same player Hearts tried to sign last minute fails to acknowledge that we also sold - all for 6 figure fees - Kamberi, Adam Jackson, and Daryl Horgan. whilst also loaning out Tom James. It's called working within a budget and not relying on benefactor hand-outs Ewan, it's called smart business, and it's called keeping a competitive product on the pitch in order to ensure we have a decent chance at retaining our top league position and getting through this pandemic as unscathed as possible .

It's lucky that pair aren't heads of BA or there'd be a plethora of baggage handlers, check-in staff, and stewards - but no pilots or planes
    Agree totally an absolutely incredible position for both English and Murray to take however no surprise given their behaviour during the pandemic. Hibs also released loads of players and have every right to protect or improve the one area of the business which can significantly bring in revenue. Surprising they have had nothing to say about Aberdeen. Actually think we need to call out English now as imo this nonsense has gone on too long especially when he sits next to Levein on a daily basis at BBC heartsound.

Tom English is just an actual FUD!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

I agree with your point, but there’s no way we got a six figure fee for Adam Jackson.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Any ideas why Hibs lost a million pounds during the previous financial year? It must have been covered around the time we eventually had an AGM, but I can’t remember anything about it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I agree with your point, but there’s no way we got a six figure fee for Adam Jackson.
    I’d be suprised with that myself last year of contract and a percentage of a future fee would suggest a nominal amount to let the jackson go back south

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Any ideas why Hibs lost a million pounds during the previous financial year? It must have been covered around the time we eventually had an AGM, but I can’t remember anything about it.
    The last financial year was up to 30 June 2020 - the loss will be because we were paying wages but had no matchday income from the middle of March. Hibs made a £2m profit for the year to 30 June 2019 (actually it was 2 July 2019 because of the change of ownership).

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    The last financial year was up to 30 June 2020 - the loss will be because we were paying wages but had no matchday income from the middle of March. Hibs made a £2m profit for the year to 30 June 2019 (actually it was 2 July 2019 because of the change of ownership).
    Interesting.

That shows how reliant all our teams are on walk ups and other match day spending. It tells me our game is in a perilous state. I suppose, like many other of our entertainment related businesses.
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 27-09-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ewan Murray is the epitome of a hearts fan. An arrogant cardigan wearing throbber who supports hearts because they are the closest thing to a rugby team and it gives him something to talk about at the golf club. A complete and utter twat gutted that hibs are vastly outperforming his diddy mismanaged championship club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I’d be suprised with that myself last year of contract and a percentage of a future fee would suggest a nominal amount to let the jackson go back south