hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tom English has pinned his colours to the mast well and truly,I’m surprised folk give sport sound the time of day with people allowed on that spout the nonsense he does.
    it’s hilarious the overreaction to hibs signing 3 players permanently,when so many have left Easter road.
    I suppose I’m way out of order after today’s result and performance ,for suggesting our lack of options really impacted our ability to change things up today,and that signings really must be added to a very bare boned squad.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’m surprised at the views on here about Tom English; back in 2016 and during the division one years he constantly backed Hibs and waxed lyrical about the style of football we played. He’s also on record as saying there is no finer football anthem than Sunshine on Leith.

Personally I don’t mind listening to him, he is certainly not a main stream sycophant to the ugly sisters which for me is a major plus for any sports correspondent (Mikey Stewart being another).

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DickieDastardly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m surprised at the views on here about Tom English; back in 2016 and during the division one years he constantly backed Hibs and waxed lyrical about the style of football we played. He’s also on record as saying there is no finer football anthem than Sunshine on Leith.

Personally I don’t mind listening to him, he is certainly not a main stream sycophant to the ugly sisters which for me is a major plus for any sports correspondent (Mikey Stewart being another).

I used to like Tom English as well. I thought he brought a freshness to sports reporting in Scotland. Unfortunately he lost his mind over the UNFAIRNESS suffered by Hearts and he’s way too arrogant to consider he might be wrong.

It’s analogous to journalists who lost their heads over the Iraq War, and then refused to accept it when the whole thing went pear shaped.

If he wants to be a Talk Sport pundit or write for a tabloid that’s up to him, but he’s incapable of doing his current job anymore.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DickieDastardly View Post

Even now after he relentlessly backed Hearts to imo the detriment of the game in this country and deliberately misrepresented both Dempster and Gordon in order to rip into Hibs. Personally find that a very strange position to take at this time.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    I think he’s bitter that he’s not been afforded an in-depth interview with Ron since he came on the scene. Just a couple of comments over the summer make me believe that. ‘Don’t know he won’t do interviews’ ‘the quiet man’ ‘where is Gordon’.

All the while doing basically daily interviews with Budge.

Listened to the pre-match last night and English refused to acknowledge Hibs starter well against Celtic, in fact he went out his way to say we were really poor opposition, despite the rest of the pundits and presenters acknowledging we started well and Celtic put in a great performance to put us aside.

@hibs.net private member NRW_Hibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Even now after he relentlessly backed Hearts to imo the detriment of the game in this country and deliberately misrepresented both Dempster and Gordon in order to rip into Hibs. Personally find that a very strange position to take at this time.
    And he was prepared to take Budge at face value when she claimed that her efforts to reconstruct the leagues were for the wider benefit of Scottish football and not just Hearts. Compare and contrast with the treatment of Dempster and Hibs.