hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused guys. Was he the best player by a mile or a country mile? Is there a difference?
    I suppose that depends upon the mile being measured as the crow flies or not.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    I suppose that depends upon the mile being measured as the crow flies or not.
    ...is that shorter than a crooked mile?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    I'm confused guys. Was he the best player by a mile or a country mile? Is there a difference?
    The country mile is about 2 furlongs longer. 25% in old money.

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Cheers CWG. You learn something new every day on .net.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Think it is a bit strange fans can't pay for this game especially at a time when clubs are pleading poverty due to Covid. Assuming lack of technical resilience on the platforms.

James Forrest is absolutely guff compared to the rest of their team, one of the most overrated Scottish players. Will not be much of a positive for us to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Well I said a country mile was about a minute longer and I was using Roger Bannisters 4 minute mile as my barometer . Therefore 1 minute is pretty much 25%.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    James Forrest is absolutely guff compared to the rest of their team, one of the most overrated Scottish players. Will not be much of a positive for us to be honest
    Disagree heard a stat saying in the last two seasons he had been involved in about 100 Celtic goals either scoring or assisting. Huge goal threat.

I think this type of game suits us. Defend stoutly and hit them on the break. If we get a bit of luck and fair refereeing I can see a 2-1 or 3-1 win which will set the cat among the pigeons.......
    Just need Motherwell to draw or win.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    I think this type of game suits us. Defend stoutly and hit them on the break. If we get a bit of luck and fair refereeing I can see a 2-1 or 3-1 win which will set the cat among the pigeons.......
    Just need Motherwell to draw or win.
    I think our best recent performances against Celtic have been when we pressured their defence and caused a bit of panic .If we defend deep to pull them in and hit them on the break we’ll get slaughtered.Play as high up as possible and keep the ball for as long as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    If we get a bit of luck and fair refereeing
    For a change, we’ve actually had a few decisions go our way this season. Hopefully it lasts, it probably won’t though!

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I think our best recent performances against Celtic have been when we pressured their defence and caused a bit of panic .If we defend deep to pull them in and hit them on the break we’ll get slaughtered.Play as high up as possible and keep the ball for as long as we can.
    Agree with this. Stop the likes of Brown getting on the ball and passing it as he pleases.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    So what apps or sites will show this game other than hesgoal and what is iptv?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Agree with this. Stop the likes of Brown getting on the ball and passing it as he pleases.

Don't disagree but at the end of the day possession will be around 67% celtic 33% hibs
    I do agree we should defend further up the park rather than being too deep but key is to use our possession effectively and attack quickly and directly when we get our chances
    I think it will be similar to the rangers game in terms of possession
    I think we have the manager and players to bring this off and if we get a result will make it very interesting
    We will still need some luck and a good referee
    Bring it on. Cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    So what apps or sites will show this game other than hesgoal and what is iptv?

You generally get IPTV via a fire stick, some are legal some not, they give you hundreds of channels and programmes, legal ones are Netflix, Mobdro etc.

Quote Originally Posted by villahibs View Post
    Stinks a bit that Hibs, St Mirren, Livingston etc. Make games as easily accessible to the fans as possible. When it comes to Celtic they do nothing...
    Hibs don't unless you are a Hibs ST holder - we arent any better im afraid

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Hibs don't unless you are a Hibs ST holder - we arent any better im afraid
    I’m not convinced it’s a bad thing. Surely it maintains the value of having purchased a season ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I’m not convinced it’s a bad thing. Surely it maintains the value of having purchased a season ticket?
    Not really. I'll pay the same price as a season ticket holder for the stream so it keeps the value. I also buy a couple of raffle tickets weekly too.

Just want the option to buy it now ha.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Agree.

I support offering a PPV option but it shouldn't be cheaper than the cost of an adult season ticket.

Particularly now that it looks increasingly likely that the full season is going to be played behind closed doors.

I think Hibs initially said no PPV until October because we only had one home game before then that wasn't on Sky anyway and back in August there was talk of a return of fans by October so I think they thought they would have been able to offer PPV to non-season ticket holders/away fans for a reasonable price whilst season ticket holders were starting to return to the stadium.

That obviously hasn't happened and there's no prospect of it happening any time soon either, so if PPV is offered by Hibs it should be around the £23 mark.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    ...is that shorter than a crooked mile?
    I'm more interested in going the Green Mile
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Agree.

I support offering a PPV option but it shouldn't be cheaper than the cost of an adult season ticket.

Particularly now that it looks increasingly likely that the full season is going to be played behind closed doors.

I think Hibs initially said no PPV until October because we only had one home game before then that wasn't on Sky anyway and back in August there was talk of a return of fans by October so I think they thought they would have been able to offer PPV to non-season ticket holders/away fans for a reasonable price whilst season ticket holders were starting to return to the stadium.

That obviously hasn't happened and there's no prospect of it happening any time soon either, so if PPV is offered by Hibs it should be around the £23 mark.
    That is fine. Give me the option I'll pay it.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    That is fine. Give me the option I'll pay it.
    You won't get any disagreements from me there.

I think all clubs should be offering a PPV service.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Agree.

I know we’ve discussed this before, and there’s nothing unreasonable about your view and protecting the season ticket value. I just think £23 would be a PR disaster and leave a bad taste with some given the majority are around the £12 mark. If the majority of other clubs can charge a reasonable price I’d be disappointed if Hibs went down this route and, personally, view it more about profiteering rather than any genuine interest to protect the season ticket value.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I know we’ve discussed this before, and there’s nothing unreasonable about your view and protecting the season ticket value. I just think £23 would be a PR disaster and leave a bad taste with some given the majority are around the £12 mark. If the majority of other clubs can charge a reasonable price I’d be disappointed if Hibs went down this route and, personally, view it more about profiteering rather than any genuine interest to protect the season ticket value.
    The majority of those clubs don’t have 11k season ticket holders to keep happy, including some that have 2/3/4 tickets in the one house so only need one login rather than the 4 they’ve paid for. I stumped up when the club needed it most, call me petty but if the club sold a PPV for half the price of my season ticket per game then I wouldn’t be chuffed, and if it carries on into next season there is absolutely no way I’d be paying for a season ticket when I could get every game for half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    The majority of those clubs don’t have 11k season ticket holders to keep happy, including some that have 2/3/4 tickets in the one house so only need one login rather than the 4 they’ve paid for. I stumped up when the club needed it most, call me petty but if the club sold a PPV for half the price of my season ticket per game then I wouldn’t be chuffed, and if it carries on into next season there is absolutely no way I’d be paying for a season ticket when I could get every game for half the price.
    That’s fair enough re the bit in bold, and I said above not an unreasonable view.

Rangers have 3 or 4 times our season ticket numbers to keep happy but are the cheapest of the lot at £9.99 I believe. Other clubs probably have a similar percentage of season ticket holders in the make up of their home support as we do. I don’t think there’s anything unique to us in terms of finding the balance between the season ticket prices and a fair ppv price for non season ticket holders. The majority of clubs have managed to come in at £12, which is where I would like to position ourselves. If Hibs decide to go a different way, I’ll disagree with their approach, but so be it.

What other clubs do is up to them, Livingston got a bit of stick on here a few weeks ago for charging £20 but I agreed with their stance.

When it was possible that fans may have been allowed back after a couple of months, I'd have been accepting of Hibs selling PPV for £10-12 from October with the hope that season ticket holders would be the first ones back from around then.

That's no longer the case and it now looks increasingly likely that no one will be back this season.

PPV at £23 would already represent value for money compared with a season ticket due to PPV being the cost per stream rather than being the cost per person like it would be if fans were in the stadium. Whereas season ticket holders are all paying that price per person.

People can still go to a pub and watch it and everyone in a household can get it all for a single cost of £23. Reducing that down to £10-12 would just be too far in my opinion.

I know a number of season ticket holders on here have said that they wouldn't mind PPV being sold for around £12 but I actually think it would be this that would be a PR disaster and leave a bad taste in the mouth, when season ticket holders stumped up a considerable amount of money when the club really needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Agreed.

What other clubs do is up to them, Livingston got a bit of stick on here a few weeks ago for charging £20 but I agreed with their stance.

When it was possible that fans may have been allowed back after a couple of months, I'd have been accepting of Hibs selling PPV for £10-12 from October with the hope that season ticket holders would be the first ones back from around then.

That's no longer the case and it now looks increasingly likely that no one will be back this season.

PPV at £23 would already represent value for money compared with a season ticket due to PPV being the cost per stream rather than being the cost per person like it would be if fans were in the stadium. Whereas season ticket holders are all paying that price per person.

People can still go to a pub and watch it and everyone in a household can get it all for a single cost of £23. Reducing that down to £10-12 would just be too far in my opinion.

I know a number of season ticket holders on here have said that they wouldn't mind PPV being sold for around £12 but I actually think it would be this that would be a PR disaster and leave a bad taste in the mouth, when season ticket holders stumped up a considerable amount of money when the club really needed it.
    Once again I think we can agree to disagree on this subject I get where you’re coming from, and it’s as reasonable a view as mine is from the other side of the fence. I just struggle to see what challenges Hibs are facing that everyone else isn’t also facing. The fact that in the same circumstances as everyone else we would be almost double the cost of most other clubs wouldn’t sit right with me.

Once again I think we can agree to disagree on this subject I get where you’re coming from, and it’s as reasonable a view as mine is from the other side of the fence. I just struggle to see what challenges Hibs are facing that everyone else isn’t also facing. The fact that in the same circumstances as everyone else we would be almost double the cost of most other clubs wouldn’t sit right with me.
    Fair enough!

Hibs offering ppv for Friday.

Which surprised me tbh.

I didn't know we were playing on Friday!