hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Who wins the 20/21 season if not Hibs?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green arse cheek

92 91.09%
  • Blue arse cheek

9 8.91%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Title Winner?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon already looks the angriest person ever and it’s October. He’s genuinely like the bad gremlin.
    There might actually be more laughs with a Rangers win..

My Celtic supporting social media friends have become tiresome and arrogant with the assumption that the title is a formality. Seeing them deflate would be most amusing, but of course the tide then turns and it’ would be a full on Hun ramp-up.

Best bet is just to let them get on with it and instead enjoy our own season which is looking very promising at this early stage.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The actions of their manager, players and fans over social media since Sunday have reminded me why I despise them. **** the lot of them.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Impossible for me to want Rangers to win anything, a feeling only renewed after Sunday’s antics.

No fan of Celtic, but what summed it up for me was the October 2018 game at Parkhead - before the match myself and another couple of Hibbys were able to go to a cafe near the ground and have lunch: we had Hibs jackets on and were the only Hibs fans in the venue. No problems at all (I know that hasn’t always been the case - Rangers fans have never thrown tear gas into the East Terracing, for example).

Would we have felt comfortable in stopping at a cafe near Ibrox for lunch? Not a chance.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Impossible for me to want Rangers to win anything, a feeling only renewed after Sunday’s antics.

No fan of Celtic, but what summed it up for me was the October 2018 game at Parkhead - before the match myself and another couple of Hibbys were able to go to a cafe near the ground and have lunch: we had Hibs jackets on and were the only Hibs fans in the venue. No problems at all (I know that hasn’t always been the case - Rangers fans have never thrown tear gas into the East Terracing, for example).

Would we have felt comfortable in stopping at a cafe near Ibrox for lunch? Not a chance.
    I’ve good friends who are ST holders at Celtic and Rangers. Meeting the Celtic friends at Celtic Park before a game is never a problem and always an enjoyable day out, but it’s simply not possible to meet up with my Rangers friends anywhere near Ibrox which is a sad state of affairs.

Celtic to keep winning title after title after title until eventually someone realises that the only way forward is a league salary cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there an option for them both to go bust and their stadiums knocked down and turned into car parks?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Nah I hate them both. Lennon should make it easier but I agree with Smartie that if the huns don’t win the league this year their cause (at least it’s sporting and not some IRA ****) will diminish and they will get weaker.
    You've lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It’s a bit of a no lose situation really. Whoever doesn’t win the league (should it be a two horse old firm race at the end) will be a deep seethe and the fallout will be hilarious. Whoever it is between Rangers or Celtic matters not in the slightest to me.
    This is true. There will be schadenfreudish delights whatever happens.

However, given how much I loathe Rangers old and new and that I think the consequences for them might be more serious, I'd rather Celtc win.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I know we would all want Hibs to win the league - and chances are they will now that we aren't going to be attending any matches for the foreseeable - but in the quite likely event it will be the arse cheeks competing for the title what would your lesser of 2 evils be?

On the one hand we've got Celtic going for 10 in a row; I don't think 10 titles in a row paints Scottish football in a very good light and I would love to see the seethe come out of Celtic Park if they didn't do it.

On the other hand it would mean almost wanting Rangers to win something, and I must stress it's not about wanting them to win anything, it's more about not wanting Celtic to win it. Gees me dry boak thinking about it tbh.

Anyway just a bit of discussion, seeing as both our transfer threads are dead in the water.
    Italian league will be painted in the same light as SPFL. Juventus are also going for 10 in a row.

Celtic for me. Another title for them puts sevco another step closer to dying which should be more than enough reason for any fair minded person.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m not bothered who wins it ...outside of us ..although Rangers continued journey without any major trophies is rather funny ...

Currently I think Rangers are the better side - but need to wait until after the transfer window to see what the teams are like

Maybe it is up to us to do a Leicester !

I can't bring myself to vote for either one of them. Celtic will win the league though.

Would rather Celtic won. In the 00s I couldn't really separate Rangers and Celtic, but now I feel Celtic are a slightly lesser evil. Also it's funny if Rangers continue to win nothing.

Coaching Staff
    Nah I hate them both. Lennon should make it easier but I agree with Smartie that if the huns don’t win the league this year their cause (at least it’s sporting and not some IRA ****) will diminish and they will get weaker.
    Rangers have a sporting cause and Celtic are all about the IRA only?

You sure you don’t have some prejudices there that might be contributing?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Rangers have a sporting cause and Celtic are all about the IRA only?

You sure you don’t have some prejudices there that might be contributing?
    A quite bizarre statement I thought too.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    So if we are sitting third and the league is null and voided we don't get into Europe.

Nah, that's just stupid.
    I'd rather that than have to choose a preference between Celtic and Rangers for winning the league.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Putting Neil Lennon alongside the vile institution that is Rangers is just ridiculous.

Anyway, Celtic’s demise never really seems to come through and can’t see anyone other than them winning the league.
    Completely agree with this ..

How anyone can have any hate for Neil Lennon is quite beyond me - dislike if that’s your thing ..but hate ?? However to suggest he is equivalent to the religious hate that has come from that club and its fans for decades is mind blowing

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Would rather Celtic won. In the 00s I couldn't really separate Rangers and Celtic, but now I feel Celtic are a slightly lesser evil. Also it's funny if Rangers continue to win nothing.
    I grew up in the 70s/80s when the Old Rangers (club and fans) were still in-your-face anti-Catholic bigots and proud of it. I agree they were partially rehabilitated, signed Catholics including Scottish ones with Irish heritage and even played some nice football around the Advocaat time. However, it subsequently turned out even those slightly nicer Huns were cheating *******s and ultimately killed themselves.

Shame.

The new lot have regressed to the worst again, signing policy nothwithstanding. Celtc have always been annoying, gloryhuntng, self righteous idiots with the faux freedom fighter stuff being pretty boak-inducing. But they're not in the same league.

As the late Ian Archer wrote:

"This has to be said about Rangers, as a Scottish Football club they are a permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace. This country would be a better place if Rangers did not exist."

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Completely agree with this ..

How anyone can have any hate for Neil Lennon is quite beyond me - dislike if that’s your thing ..but hate ?? However to suggest he is equivalent to the religious hate that has come from that club and its fans for decades is mind blowing
    This thread is basically another one for people to compete with each other as to how much they hate the Old Firm!

Simples, dislike The Huns more.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This thread is basically another one for people to compete with each other as to how much they hate the Old Firm!
    Ha. Fair point

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Celtic every day of the week, I can’t stand the huns and their horrible fans.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Celtic every day of the week, I can’t stand the huns and their horrible fans.

Agreed.

The problem is, I can't stand Celtc and their horrible Fans either.

Left by mutual consent!
    Huns are by a distance the most loathsome club in Scotland and perhaps the planet. If they were playing man eating spiders from mars, I'd want the Huns to lose.

I'm not that bothered about Celtic either way.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Huns are by a distance the most loathsome club in Scotland and perhaps the planet. If they were playing man eating spiders from mars, I'd want the Huns to lose.

I'm not that bothered about Celtic either way.
    I'm not saying they are, but they're in the top 1.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Agreed.

The problem is, I can't stand Celtc and their horrible Fans either.
    I find I tend to have more in common with Celtic fans on things not football related and haven’t had any problems with them before or after games. I hate everything rangers stand for.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I like Neil Lennon and Scott Brown a bit less than I hate the Huns and their posturing “quintessentially British‘ pap (and their Dutch kits and their Scouse windbag of a manager), so I’d go for the lessers.

First Team Regular howdenthehibby's Avatar
    I'd always been 50 50 on my dislike for the ugly sisters,but since the death of the blue arse cheek and the emergance of Sevco taking over the mantle of the Govan Gargoyles, and since the Sevco have yet to win a major trophy and long may it continue! ,also the dealings we've had with the loathsome hoard since,just tips me in the favour of the Smellies.
    Last edited by howdenthehibby; 24-09-2020 at 06:43 PM.

The staunchness, the fully grow men calling one another bears, the entitlement, the constant bemusement/bamboozlement/astonishment at being pulled up on anything is all very very weird. That's before you throw in folk cutting around in wee orange ribbons playing flutes etc. Very odd people.

Makes their meltdowns over the likes of Ryan Porteous and 21/5/16 so much more satisfying. Long may it continue.

@hibs.net private member
    Neither, but out of those two I’d rather Rangers won it.

It’s not really going to be close though. Celtic will win it comfortably again.