hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Who wins the 20/21 season if not Hibs?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green arse cheek

92 91.09%
  • Blue arse cheek

9 8.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Title Winner?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Title Winner?

I know we would all want Hibs to win the league - and chances are they will now that we aren't going to be attending any matches for the foreseeable - but in the quite likely event it will be the arse cheeks competing for the title what would your lesser of 2 evils be?

On the one hand we've got Celtic going for 10 in a row; I don't think 10 titles in a row paints Scottish football in a very good light and I would love to see the seethe come out of Celtic Park if they didn't do it.

On the other hand it would mean almost wanting Rangers to win something, and I must stress it's not about wanting them to win anything, it's more about not wanting Celtic to win it. Gees me dry boak thinking about it tbh.

Anyway just a bit of discussion, seeing as both our transfer threads are dead in the water.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Ideally they'd just merge into one big weegie swamp and form some sort of religion based entity since that seems to be the reason for their followers existing. They could then move to somewhere exactly on the Irish border given both their ties with the area.

However if I had to make a choice I'd go for celtc as I fair enjoy when they have their Ferencvaros moments, or getting gubbed by FC Umpalumpa from Uzbekistan in the 7th preliminary round of the champions league

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    While it’s of no material relevance to me what one of those two ever wins the league. I voted for Rangers as it would be ironic if Neil “born winner” Lennon was the man to fall at the final hurdle and fail to get 10 in a row, and highly amusing.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Celtic,I resent the huns even winning the toss.****bags.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While it’s of no material relevance to me what one of those two ever wins the league. I voted for Rangers as it would be ironic if Neil “born winner” Lennon was the man to fall at the final hurdle and fail to get 10 in a row, and highly amusing.
    As much as that amuses me I voted Celtic, purely because the fans I've met and known over the decades have been marginally less poisonous than their blue counterparts.

Celtic.

I don’t think Sevco have what it takes to keep going after 10 happens. Scotland would be a better place if they died again and this time stayed dead.

As the poster above mentions though, there would be something hilarious about the “born winner” stuffing it up at the final hurdle.

Bit of a Dalai Lama.
    Here's hoping the Tic get DQ'd for further Covid breaches and The The Huns get docked 10 points for repeat offences publicly criticising the SFA, SPL, referees, opposition teams for making life hard for them, 21 year-old players etc.
    Leaves the way clear for...........

@hibs.net private member
    Neither is obvious answer but I went with Celtc just because they at least have made an attempt to come out of the dark ages and it may create damage that the Thes will never recover from.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The longer Sevco go without winning a trophy the funnier.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I'd rather see Celtic win 20 in a row than Rangers win it this year.

In fact, if the choice is only ever between the two of them I'd happily see Celtic win it for eternity instead of Rangers.

Left by mutual consent!
    Huns will win the league. I hate Lennon and Rangers equally though so it’s a hard one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Celtic.

I don’t think Sevco have what it takes to keep going after 10 happens. Scotland would be a better place if they died again and this time stayed dead.

As the poster above mentions though, there would be something hilarious about the “born winner” stuffing it up at the final hurdle.
    I’ll take this in fact. Scrap my vote 😂

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Huns will win the league. I hate Lennon and Rangers equally though so it’s a hard one.
    Putting Neil Lennon alongside the vile institution that is Rangers is just ridiculous.

Anyway, Celtic’s demise never really seems to come through and can’t see anyone other than them winning the league.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It’s a bit of a no lose situation really. Whoever doesn’t win the league (should it be a two horse old firm race at the end) will be a deep seethe and the fallout will be hilarious. Whoever it is between Rangers or Celtic matters not in the slightest to me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Putting Neil Lennon alongside the vile institution that is Rangers is just ridiculous.

Anyway, Celtic’s demise never really seems to come through and can’t see anyone other than them winning the league.
    Nah I hate them both. Lennon should make it easier but I agree with Smartie that if the huns don’t win the league this year their cause (at least it’s sporting and not some IRA ****) will diminish and they will get weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This is also my opinion. I detest both hugely but the arrogance, ignorance and bigotry of the Hun fans I know just edges my hatred for them slightly in front.

If Celtic do lose Edouard though then I think it could be the opening Rangers need to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    True
    But seeing the Celtic fans seethe as they blow their ten in a row dream would be almost as funny. I hate both teams equally so I'll be having a laugh no matter what happens.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It’s a bit of a no lose situation really. Whoever doesn’t win the league (should it be a two horse old firm race at the end) will be a deep seethe and the fallout will be hilarious. Whoever it is between Rangers or Celtic matters not in the slightest to me.
    Lennon already looks the angriest person ever and it’s October. He’s genuinely like the bad gremlin.

Neither, hope the league's null and void if we don't win it.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I detest the Rangers but I cannot being myself to vote for Celtc.

Hibs best win it then.

I want celtic to win it but think rangers will do it this year if i’m totally honest.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I'd rather see Celtic win 20 in a row than Rangers win it this year.

In fact, if the choice is only ever between the two of them I'd happily see Celtic win it for eternity instead of Rangers.
    This, I don’t even want the Huns so win £1 on a scratch card. Poisonous club.

J

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I detest the Rangers but I cannot being myself to vote for Celtc.

Hibs best win it then.
    St Mirren. Gorgie would explode. There wouldn’t be enough Jim Gannon Gifs ever 😄

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This, I don’t even want the Huns so win £1 on a scratch card. Poisonous club.

J
    Both are as ****my.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Exactly. There's humour and light relief to be drawn from the seethe of whomever loses. They are equally unpalatable institutions and fan bases so the only good thing about 1 of them winning is the other one losing.

I hope Rangers never win another game of football ever again never mind a trophy. Could you imagine if they did? It would be unbearable. I'd rather Celtic won every trophy for the rest of my lifetime than Rangers won anything. Vile, horrible club. Imagine having a portrait of the queen in your dressing room in 2020. Pathetic. The only positive about having no fans in stadia right now is not having to be subjected to the sickening filth that comes out their uneducated mouths.

For me, the arrogance of the rangers fans about stopping the 10 would be worse than the arrogance of the celtic fans about getting the 10 as there would always be debate about rangers not being in the league etc. Rangers fans would see winning the title as some sort of GIRUY to all of scottish football. Celtic fans would only really goad huns.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    For me, the arrogance of the rangers fans about stopping the 10 would be worse than the arrogance of the celtic fans about getting the 10 as there would always be debate about rangers not being in the league etc. Rangers fans would see winning the title as some sort of GIRUY to all of scottish football. Celtic fans would only really goad huns.

This is pretty much how I feel.

Would prefer to see ex Hibees win trophies so Celtic.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Neither, hope the league's null and void if we don't win it.
    So if we are sitting third and the league is null and voided we don't get into Europe.

Nah, that's just stupid.