hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me, its just a daft buzz word. Like winner is. They shouldn't really be reasons to sign a player IMO, especially when we already have so many who have the characteristics people speak about.

Folk see a player shouting and screaming and think that guy is a leader and a winner. Its a load of rubbish. If we sign a whole squad of leaders, then surely nobody is a leader?

I dunno, I just think its nonsense. Folk were bigging up the Stephen McGinn signing saying he is a leader. Joe Newall would never be described like that. Yet Joe is a far better, more important player IMO. Give me 11 quiet guys who play good football over 11 guys to shout a lot and puff their chest and put in the odd illegal challenge to noise up the opposition. We already have Stevenson, Gray, McGregor and Hanlon who have experience and know how. Its more than enough IMO. A younger, hungrier player with potential is far more important to our current squad

I don’t think it is a daft buzz word as I think you do need those sort of players in your team. I class a leader as someone that does more than shout/ point (Ross Chisholm) as I think a lot of that is to play upto the fans and show that you care.

To me a leader is more than a shouter. Someone that gets the squad together and lifts them/gives them a boot or offers advice when required.

There are a lot of players in a team that are quiet and when the going gets tough or you’re under pressure you need someone with a voice to organise yous and get you together.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m really struggling to understand your rationale.

Leaders - Load of rubbish, means nothing, doubting they exist but if they do we have enough?

What?

Are you saying leaders aren’t a thing in the football environment? Because they 100% are and many players And managers speak about the importance of having these in the changing room.
    If you have 11 leaders on the park does that mean there are no followers?

Halliday is alright. Said it before but would be a handy signing for us. Hope he doesn't end up at the watery farts.