hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Andy Halliday view on The Rangers game

Obviously, focusses more on The Rangers, but pretty fair comments. Some pasted below.

"In the first half especially, they were disappointing. They had chances to win the game, but over the piece, it was a deserved point for Hibs."

"They've deserved all the plaudits they've got this year defensively. They have not conceded goals, nor even looked like conceding goals. Hibs created more chances than Rangers have faced in the previous seven games combined."

"Their goals in part were down to good Hibs play, but it was partly self-inflicted from Rangers too. They'll feel they could have defended better, especially with both goals coming from cross-balls."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54226004

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Very even handed analysis, unlike Boyd on Sky.

After hearing him on Open Goal i quite like him, still enjoy slagging him about the cup final but seems a good guy and one of few huns able to have a reasonable discussion about football with fans of other teams

No one knows more about badly defending crosses than him

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    He did say on Sportscene that Porteous deserved to be sent off because it was off the ball then Steven Thompson decided Michael Stewart wasn't able to give an opinion on our tackles. Absolute Rangers propaganda. On sportsound last night Charlie Adam said it was ok for Rangers players and staff not to shake Ryan's hand because of the number of bad tackles he has put in against Rangers and listed Barasic and incredibly a tackle on a guy called Coulibahly. He must have some eyesight to see that from Reading. You would have thought after succulent lamb this messaging would have stopped seems worse than ever now. Bottom line is you drew a game, there were no red card offences in the game, get over it. Worry now is that Ryan will now be some sort of target for refs and get over punished in other games.

Don’t think it would be Thompson’s call,he would’ve got a word in his ear from the producer to move on

Halliday actually seems alright

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously, focusses more on The Rangers, but pretty fair comments. Some pasted below.

"In the first half especially, they were disappointing. They had chances to win the game, but over the piece, it was a deserved point for Hibs."

"They've deserved all the plaudits they've got this year defensively. They have not conceded goals, nor even looked like conceding goals. Hibs created more chances than Rangers have faced in the previous seven games combined."

"Their goals in part were down to good Hibs play, but it was partly self-inflicted from Rangers too. They'll feel they could have defended better, especially with both goals coming from cross-balls."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54226004
    Wasn't surprised by his focus on The Rangers but was pleasantly surprised by his even handed views. Fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsGW View Post
    After hearing him on Open Goal i quite like him, still enjoy slagging him about the cup final but seems a good guy and one of few huns able to have a reasonable discussion about football with fans of other teams
    Totally agree. Really like him on keepin the baw on the ground, brings a bit of needed seriousness and sense from time to time but still has the patter to go with it. Always seems to speaks well of Hibs from what I’ve seen so far too. For anyone who hasn’t seen it, give his interview with Si a watch, a really good insight into the 15/16 season from the different side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Don’t think it would be Thompson’s call,he would’ve got a word in his ear from the producer to move on
    Question would be why?

I watched it on Sunday night and thought he was a very good pundit. Spoke well and his views seemed informed and balanced. Thought him and Stewart were a good match up, the best I’ve seen for a long time. I’d had a few drinks by then right enough.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I think James Tavernier night have something to say about that
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Question would be why?
    Just short on time, it's live tv so they need to move on to make sure every game gets a decent amount of coverage. They did say they had been debating it all day.

Mikey Stewart also referred to it later when he picked Halliday up for saying Brophy's red was harsh but that he thought Porto's yellow was lenient.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wasn’t that the ***** Tavernier brother?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Wasn’t that the ***** Tavernier brother?
    Halliday was marking Gray no? Might be wrong. Taveriner was on Stokes. Both made a Noel Hunt of things.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Halliday was marking Gray no? Might be wrong. Taveriner was on Stokes. Both made a Noel Hunt of things.
    I also recall big Daz battering Halliday out of his way to head an equaliser at Ibrox.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, he would be a good signing.

Only 28, can play a couple of positions, knows the league inside out and appears to be a leader who demands high standards from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Only 28, can play a couple of positions, knows the league inside out and appears to be a leader who demands high standards from others.
    Is he not joining hearts?

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Is he not joining hearts?
    Surely too good to be playing lower league fitba'

Left by mutual consent!

I've never noticed who was marking SDG to be fair. I'll go and watch 20 times just to make sure

His ability is there, his personality less so. He wouldn't give 100% against the huns so no thanks.

This leader patter is the same as Neil Lennon being a winner IMO. Pure rubbish. Just a buzz word that means nothing. If leaders actually exist, we have more than enough.

I'd agree that everything you have said above is true about him having those attributes, the problem with him is he is a poor footballer.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Unpopular opinion - I actually quite like Andy Halliday. Would be happy to see us sign him.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I'd agree that everything you have said above is true about him having those attributes, the problem with him is he is a poor footballer.
    And a twat.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    I watched it on Sunday night and thought he was a very good pundit. Spoke well and his views seemed informed and balanced. Thought him and Stewart were a good match up, the best I’ve seen for a long time. I’d had a few drinks by then right enough.
    Is that who that was? We watched it and Thompson was calling him Andy and we both were thinking, Andy who????

Thought he was quite fair with his comments. Think he is a decent fitba player without ever being a world beater. Wouldn't be against a short term deal to see how things work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Reaper View Post
    Surely too good to be playing lower league fitba'
    Thought it was a done deal. Could be wrong though.

His ability is there, his personality less so. He wouldn't give 100% against the huns so no thanks.

This leader patter is the same as Neil Lennon being a winner IMO. Pure rubbish. Just a buzz word that means nothing. If leaders actually exist, we have more than enough.
    I’m really struggling to understand your rationale.

Leaders - Load of rubbish, means nothing, doubting they exist but if they do we have enough?

What?

Are you saying leaders aren’t a thing in the football environment? Because they 100% are and many players And managers speak about the importance of having these in the changing room.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    I like halliday , most of the time talking about hibs it's always in high regard

Thought he came across very well on Sportscene and with Di Ferry.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’m really struggling to understand your rationale.

Leaders - Load of rubbish, means nothing, doubting they exist but if they do we have enough?

What?

Are you saying leaders aren’t a thing in the football environment? Because they 100% are and many players And managers speak about the importance of having these in the changing room.
    To me, its just a daft buzz word. Like winner is. They shouldn't really be reasons to sign a player IMO, especially when we already have so many who have the characteristics people speak about.

Folk see a player shouting and screaming and think that guy is a leader and a winner. Its a load of rubbish. If we sign a whole squad of leaders, then surely nobody is a leader?

I dunno, I just think its nonsense. Folk were bigging up the Stephen McGinn signing saying he is a leader. Joe Newall would never be described like that. Yet Joe is a far better, more important player IMO. Give me 11 quiet guys who play good football over 11 guys to shout a lot and puff their chest and put in the odd illegal challenge to noise up the opposition. We already have Stevenson, Gray, McGregor and Hanlon who have experience and know how. Its more than enough IMO. A younger, hungrier player with potential is far more important to our current squad