hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 21-09-2020 at 09:28 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/tamsellicsoniii/status/1308128068528230400?s=21
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Love it

https://twitter.com/tamsellicsoniii/status/1308128068528230400?s=21
    Just a bit exuberant

Lol..... what a plum.....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Outstanding.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Will if Andy Walker said it , it must be true

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Always been proud of Hibs teams that have tried to play good football. Not sure but I think I may be equally proud of our perceived “nastiness” in that game.

I know I can be biased but these fans are biased beyond belief and not very clever either. Funny how he forgot about Porteous’ “red”.

Doesn’t help having people like Boyd on TV, his analysis is absolutely shocking and his bias towards Rangers while working for a non-Rangers TV broadcaster is disgusting.
    Clips of him celebrating in the stand and then having a full meltdown in his “analysis” shows his level. He shouldnt be a pundit, he is a guy who you’d expect to meet slavering a lot of rubbish in a pro-Rangers pub. Not on the TV every week. BT Coverage and pundits were generally of better quality and had a feel of banter rather than indoctrinated bias. Shocking coverage of Scottish Football again from Sky. Enjoyed his meltdown though, he doesn’t half splutter out some nonsense while standing with legs astride and a hand fondling around in his trouser pocket live on the TV.

More “nastiness” Hibs, don’t show any side too much respect, it’s a contact sport. And hats off to Porteous for winding up their captain, their 20m striker and their manager. Easily future captain! Think Ross smirked at what was going on at FT, he seems to enjoy Porteous having a bit of a swagger. Porteous laughing at Gerrard is a brilliant pic.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Always been proud of Hibs teams that have tried to play good football. Not sure but I think I may be equally proud of our perceived “nastiness” in that game.

I know I can be biased but these fans are biased beyond belief and not very clever either. Funny how he forgot about Porteous’ “red”.

Doesn’t help having people like Boyd on TV, his analysis is absolutely shocking and his bias towards Rangers while working for a non-Rangers TV broadcaster is disgusting.
    Clips of him celebrating in the stand and then having a full meltdown in his “analysis” shows his level. He shouldnt be a pundit, he is a guy who you’d expect to meet slavering a lot of rubbish in a pro-Rangers pub. Not on the TV every week. BT Coverage and pundits were generally of better quality and had a feel of banter rather than indoctrinated bias. Shocking coverage of Scottish Football again from Sky. Enjoyed his meltdown though, he doesn’t half splutter out some nonsense while standing with legs astride and a hand fondling around in his trouser pocket live on the TV.

More “nastiness” Hibs, don’t show any side too much respect, it’s a contact sport. And hats off to Porteous for winding up their captain, their 20m striker and their manager. Easily future captain! Think Ross smirked at what was going on at FT, he seems to enjoy Porteous having a bit of a swagger. Porteous laughing at Gerrard is a brilliant pic.

What can happen about it? The Rangers are allowed to create that narrative from a game that was no different from any other. The BBC stop one of their pundits having an opinion on one of the challenges. An "elbow" from a Hibs player is mulled over time and again but one from a Rangers player is just ignored.

We've lived with this low-quality level of coverage all our supporting lives, all you can do is laugh

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    For "nasty" read "had the audacity to stand up to The Rangers." I want to watch Hibs play good entertaining football but I also want them to be able to battle it out when they need to and against that shower you usually need to. I'll be happy to take "nasty" of that kind any day - proud of them.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    What can happen about it? The Rangers are allowed to create that narrative from a game that was no different from any other. The BBC stop one of their pundits having an opinion on one of the challenges. An "elbow" from a Hibs player is mulled over time and again but one from a Rangers player is just ignored.

We've lived with this low-quality level of coverage all our supporting lives, all you can do is laugh
    I do laugh when Boyd has his meltdowns but I don’t see how we can ever grow the game here with such tinpot, biased reporting / journalism / punditry. Best analysis I’ve seen on TV from UK based pundits was Pat Nevin in his clips he did for the BBC a while back. We’ve got far too many indoctrinated, poorly educated people being given mics up here to spread their biased word. Makes Scottish football a poor investment opportunity and we just don’t like to admit it. That’s why there are comparable, or even smaller countries, with far better sponsorship opportunities.

We can still laugh but I have hope Scottish football will get its head out of its posterior and improve the product across the board - including better quality of journalism. Most of the papers are only fit for their previous use - holding your chippy in them. Kris Boyd should not be a pundit as well, he is very incoherent even when he is not talking about Rangers. I couldn’t be a pundit, I’d talk nonsense. At least I wouldn’t fondle around in my pocket on TV though!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    We were very naughty, you could see that's what Stokesy's whipping boy tavernier was thinking.

He's probably written to the headmaster about it.

Another blank season for sevco and slippy steve beckons.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

They hate us with a passion. We have lived rent free in their heads every day since 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    That's the same guy who took out Nisbet when he used a straight arm and pushed his hand into Nisbets face leading up to out first goal

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post

That's the thing though. When you watch him play and watch his interviews the guy doesn't seem to have an arrogant or big headed bone in his body, he always comes across to me as quite a thoughtful and intelligent laddie. On the park he doesn't take any prisoners that's for sure, but I cant say I've ever seen him deliberately try to hurt an opponent, a few mistimed tackles for sure, but nothing 'nasty' ... I genuinely think he meant the hand he offered to Tavernier and would have been genuinely surprised when the big bairn refused it.

Honestly, the way that lot are going on you would think all Hibs did on Sunday was try to kick them off the park, when the truth is there was barely a foul in the game you wouldn't see most weekends in the premier league. It funny to call a team who drew bad 'losers' but in their minds all they can think of is stopping Celtic getting 10 in a row, so to them dropping 2 points at ER probably felt like a loss ... so ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    That's the same guy who took out Nisbet when he used a straight arm and pushed his hand into Nisbets face leading up to out first goal
    Handlander?

Have to say that young Ryan has gone up in my estimation for laughing at the Sevco captain and manager.....🤣🤣🤣

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    No fan group of football fans in the world are as ****my and pathetic as Sevco 2012.

I hope we are even nastier next time and leave the likes of Morelos and Kent in floods of tears.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    That's the thing though. When you watch him play and watch his interviews the guy doesn't seem to have an arrogant or big headed bone in his body, he always comes across to me as quite a thoughtful and intelligent laddie. On the park he doesn't take any prisoners that's for sure, but I cant say I've ever seen him deliberately try to hurt an opponent, a few mistimed tackles for sure, but nothing 'nasty' ... I genuinely think he meant the hand he offered to Tavernier and would have been genuinely surprised when the big bairn refused it.

Honestly, the way that lot are going on you would think all Hibs did on Sunday was try to kick them off the park, when the truth is there was barely a foul in the game you wouldn't see most weekends in the premier league. It funny to call a team who drew bad 'losers' but in their minds all they can think of is stopping Celtic getting 10 in a row, so to them dropping 2 points at ER probably felt like a loss ... so ha ha.
    The stats showed at the end we had 3 more fouls than them. 18 to 15 I think it was.

How many times have we seen Hertz or Aberdeen teams with their rotational fouling approaches, yet get away with the minimum of bookings?

Just remember Graeme Shinnie's displays at Easter Road when must have gone 5 or 6 clear fouls before he's even spoken too.

Or Stevie May's assault on a flying Martin Boyle - no attempt to play the ball and could have resulted in career ending injuries.

Hibs were nasty! Give it a rest!

Hibs are Sevco 2012 nemesis. They're unable to compete with Celtic on or off the park, so we're their appointed hate figure. Their annoyance stems from Hibs refusing to be bullied and follow follow their script, the way we used to for decades. We don't fear them, we don't roll over and they can be got at. All of that infuriates the Huns.

In the end, we will cost them the league.

@hibs.net private member
    Its better than being called a boy band

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We were assertive.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Hibs are Sevco 2012 nemesis. They're unable to compete with Celtic on or off the park, so we're their appointed hate figure. Their annoyance stems from Hibs refusing to be bullied and follow follow their script, the way we used to for decades. We don't fear them, we don't roll over and they can be got at. All of that infuriates the Huns.

In the end, we will cost them the league.
    erm, they pumped us 9-1 on aggregate last season...

take your point though. We were excellent on Sunday

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Would love the club to put a number of clips together showing the other side of the coin and send it to Sky asking them to explain the difference in reporting of the incidents. I would also send it to the SPFL asking them to take the matter up with Sky pointing out that such blatant bias in their reporting does nothing for the game in Scotland.

Hibs should make a point of publicising the stat mentioned in an interview with Ryan, something like 8 fouls in the previous 7 games?
    Last edited by Argylehibby; 22-09-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Would love the club to put a number of clips together showing the other side of the coin and send it to Sky asking them to explain the difference in reporting of the incidents. I would also send it to the SPFL asking them to take the matter up with Sky pointing out that such blatant bias in their reporting does nothing for the game in Scotland.
    I would absolutely hate that. I'd find it embarrassing and massively cringey.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    erm, they pumped us 9-1 on aggregate last season...

take your point though. We were excellent on Sunday
    They hate us with a passion and I love it