hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I second that emulsion.
    You're painting a good picture of events here......

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Always thought he was overrated in the way that English players are. He should have moved to a big club of that era like Man United or Chelsea or gone abroad.
    He did try very hard at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Whilst I agree that Gerrard is behaving like a complete prick there is absolutely no doubt that he was a great player in a team that never managed to win the league. His playing talent can’t be dismissed because of his antics as a manager. Yes he can **** off and walk alone but that doesn’t change how good he was for Liverpool.
    Well said Scouse. He was a great player both for Liverpool & England.
    Pity he is such a whinging knob of a manager. He has obviously bought into all that "we are the people" crap.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Whilst I agree that Gerrard is behaving like a complete prick there is absolutely no doubt that he was a great player in a team that never managed to win the league. His playing talent can’t be dismissed because of his antics as a manager. Yes he can **** off and walk alone but that doesn’t change how good he was for Liverpool.

I agree

But he is still a Coward

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Pity he is such a whinging knob of a manager. He has obviously bought into all that "we are the people" crap.
    Who knows what amount of initiation and brain-washing Rangers managers have to endure but they all seem to pass the test ......... full marks to Gerrard for graduating with flying colours. Bitter and twisted individual, not helped by the immense pressure of knowing your job is on the line. Tough *****.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    A poisonous club and a classless Manager who is clearly feeling the pressure. Another season without a trophy and he'll be toast and he knows it.

The impending truth for him, is that sacked as a failed manager at Them is not how he will have planned his rise to better things down south. Every decision, result and even media defeats from a savvy upcoming young hibee pro, stings a bit more. Plus he’s just a big hunfud and it’s hilarious 😂

He was a brilliant player but my Liverpool fanatic mate who still lives there told me he was always lacking in class.
    Said he was the only player refusing autographs.
    Seems about right

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    Totally agree he was a brilliant player, and had some truly great defining moments.

But ultimayely in the cold light of day, his career and his mind will be full of what ifs and what might have beens.

Compared to his contemporaries such as lampard, scholes, terry, owen hargreaves, and dare i say Jordan henderson his career stats and medals tally is not what it should have been.

And thats not even including some of club legends, whose records knock the socks off of his - souness, hansen, dalglish and many others.

And he did nothing of note for england - unlike guys like lineker, barnes etc, and even the current team who did better than him.

Great player absolutely, but that makes his relatively poor return all the more startling, and i have no doubt that it eats away at him.

Its actually a bit like Levein - also a very good player relative to the level he played at, but whose career also undelievered, and who also turned into embittered wee naff with a faux arrogance to deflect from his own sense of underachievement.

Maybe a tad pop psychologist, but thats my take on it.

Fortunately for us, his huns career seems to be going the same way, and he may well end up as one of the VERY few managers in the history of old and new huns to never win a trophy, and at the same time see his career path to a big job down south hit the skids, while lampard and solksjaer land plum roles (albeit they haven't been roaring successes yet). Which would be nice.
    Last edited by James Stephen; 22-09-2020 at 09:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coco22 View Post
    The impending truth for him, is that sacked as a failed manager at Them is not how he will have planned his rise to better things down south. Every decision, result and even media defeats from a savvy upcoming young hibee pro, stings a bit more. Plus he’s just a big hunfud and it’s hilarious 😂

Tbf to him he did better in his first season than I thought a rookie manager would. The Rangers are an absolute basket case.

They still are - one the one hand they are desperate to stop 10 in a row, on the other they are equally desperate to sell their top goal scorer. And the chairman who helped get them into this mess has left before his stated goal was complete.

It’s going to end in tears unless Celtc absolutely blow it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gerrard is a hypocrite. He’s the biggest *****bag going.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Tbf to him he did better in his first season than I thought a rookie manager would. The Rangers are an absolute basket case.

They still are - one the one hand they are desperate to stop 10 in a row, on the other they are equally desperate to sell their top goal scorer. And the chairman who helped get them into this mess has left before his stated goal was complete.

It’s going to end in tears unless Celtc absolutely blow it.
    Ok...I don’t think that he’s done a ridiculously bad job given the circumstances. He could have still left slightly tarnished after his involvement with Rangers but head held high... his swallowing of the DNA is what leaves a skidmark on the rest of his career (for me)

Deflection

Get people talking about something other than them dropping points, and its worked

Total prick

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Deflection

Get people talking about something other than them dropping points, and its worked

Total prick
    He’s a sexy man that wants to manage Liverpool.

Only surprising thing to me is that the thread title had a question mark at the end.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    Totally agree he was a brilliant player, and had some truly great defining moments.
    He had a truly great game in Istanbul, but I remember him as a diving, cheating git.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    He had a truly great game in Istanbul, but I remember him as a diving, cheating git.
    He was a wonderful, world class player. Nonsense to say otherwise just because he is a knob of a person.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He was a wonderful, world class player. Nonsense to say otherwise just because he is a knob of a person.
    An all-round loser.

Imagine if we had actually won. The accusations would have been similar to the cup final level. It wasn’t even a dirty game. Yes Gerrard is a classless prick and sevco don’t like people standing up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    Imagine if we had actually won. The accusations would have been similar to the cup final level. It wasn’t even a dirty game. Yes Gerrard is a classless prick and sevco don’t like people standing up to them.

An injury time winner would have been very sweet. Perhaps we needed SDG on the pitch for that...

Quote Originally Posted by coco22 View Post
    Ok...I don’t think that he’s done a ridiculously bad job given the circumstances. He could have still left slightly tarnished after his involvement with Rangers but head held high... his swallowing of the DNA is what leaves a skidmark on the rest of his career (for me)

Agree with that.

He’s spent how many million to finish as losers the last 2 seasons and I hope this season too. Can’t be classed as any kind of success as a manager. The guys a prick and I hope him and Sevco never win anything again.

An all-round loser.
    He was a quality player who won plenty trophies. The premier league just eluded him. He could've gone to any team in the world and won the league, though. Seperate the quality player from the tosser of a man, its not difficult.

He was a quality player who won plenty trophies. The premier league just eluded him. He could've gone to any team in the world and won the league, though. Seperate the quality player from the tosser of a man, its not difficult.
    The premier league just 'eluded' him? He single-handedly gave it away!

Hard to play when crippled. He wasn't allowed to sign for another club.

@hibs.net private member

That is pure nonsense. A slip in ONE game defines Liverpool's season?

Oh right, over 38 games, he single handedly gave it away? Don't be silly. That's like saying Conrad Logan single handedly cost us promotion because of the mistake in the playoffs. Or Liam Fontaine single handedly lost us the league cup. It's absolute rubbish. It's a team game. Gerrard made a mistake but they had 45 minutes either side of it and done nothing. They also blew the 3 goal lead at palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Hard to play when crippled. He wasn't allowed to sign for another club.
    Oh yeah, the gangster story. Yeah, I'm sure that would've happened. Not.

Oh yeah, the gangster story. Yeah, I'm sure that would've happened. Not.
    Mibbies aye mibbies no but it fits the thread.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Wonderful player, joy to watch. Classless prick, absolutely. I couldn't believe he took that job and I wouldn't be surprised if he jacks it in at the end of the season no matter what happens.