hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celtic Game

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that the wording of my post has resulted in some folk thinking that I actually want Celtic to take points out of our match with them to spite Rangers. Nothing could be further from the truth. I desperately want us to get all three points but I, perhaps clumsily, was simply trying to say that, in the present climate, potential lost points to Celtic was, for me, less disappointing that lost points to Rangers. I stand by my opinion that, given the two options, I would prefer Celtic to get their TIAR, rather than see Gerrard get the satisfaction of winning the title. Neither would be much more satisfying.

I think some people failed to read it properly, as it definitely didn't come over to me that you wanted Hibs to lose (which is how some folk seem to have interpreted it).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    We've won there twice in the last 15 years, sadly. A win is a huge ask, a draw would be a great result keeping momentum going into a Hamilton game at home before the international break

I think that the wording of my post has resulted in some folk thinking that I actually want Celtic to take points out of our match with them to spite Rangers. Nothing could be further from the truth. I desperately want us to get all three points but I, perhaps clumsily, was simply trying to say that, in the present climate, potential lost points to Celtic was, for me, less disappointing that lost points to Rangers. I stand by my opinion that, given the two options, I would prefer Celtic to get their TIAR, rather than see Gerrard get the satisfaction of winning the title. Neither would be much more satisfying.
    That's barely any better than your previous post to be honest.

Hibs losing points to any club is disappointing no matter which team it's against. Defeats to Hearts are more disappointing than any other but all other defeats affect me in the same way.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post
    We've won there twice in the last 15 years, sadly. A win is a huge ask, a draw would be a great result keeping momentum going into a Hamilton game at home before the international break
    Be interesting on how the players think, is going to an empty Parkhead an intimidating place to go

Didn't realise our recent record was so poor, but perhaps it's not surprising

Still, the lack of fans definitely is beneficial to us this time

We are playing in an empty stadium and Livingston just put 2 past them. Now is the time to do it.

Have they got a European game this week as well?

Sevco are the form side in the SPFL and we matched them well. No reason for Hibs to go to an empty Celtic Park and fear a stuttering Celtic side. If we can take our chances, we could get a point or 3.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's barely any better than your previous post to be honest.

Hibs losing points to any club is disappointing no matter which team it's against. Defeats to Hearts are more disappointing than any other but all other defeats affect me in the same way.
    Fine. You’re entitled to your opinion. I’m not going to change mine just to fall in line with you.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Like yesterday I'd take a point right now. Couldn't give a flying one if it helps the Hun or not just as yesterday I didn't give a flying one if taking points yesterday helped celtic.

A point would be another great result

Fine. You’re entitled to your opinion. I’m not going to change mine just to fall in line with you.
    I didn't ask you to.

I’d prefer hibs to win and win the league, but that’s just me. Anyone else winning the league is neither here nor there and preferring hibs to lose to celtic than rangers is piss poor regardless. I’d just as much rather see Lennon lose his job than Gerrard. Both ********s.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    We are playing in an empty stadium and Livingston just put 2 past them. Now is the time to do it.

Think they are in Latvia on Thursday so extra game and travelling may take a little out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNoBut View Post
    Think they are in Latvia on Thursday so extra game and travelling may take a little out of them.
    Yeah they are.

More than capable of getting something out of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    The difficulty is Celtic will have seen how well we performed today and know they really need to turn up and put in a good performance to get a result.

Very hard game and we can’t concede many fouls as Duffy is very good in the air.
    Julien and Ajer are not and are dopey enough. Go at them with pace. Just keep the ball away from Duffy. Something tells me there is a chance Eduoard is being held back due to transfer possibilities so keep this a tight game and Celtic won't score much.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post

They do indeed. Being able to make 5 subs will probably help them fitness wise on the Sunday though.

2-1 Hibs anyway.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I’d prefer hibs to win and win the league, but that’s just me. Anyone else winning the league is neither here nor there and preferring hibs to lose to celtic than rangers is piss poor regardless. I’d just as much rather see Lennon lose his job than Gerrard. Both ********s.
    Behave. Lennon was a good Manager for us.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Behave. Lennon was a good Manager for us.
    And left like an ********, and is now the manager of Celtic and I hope he fails in everything he does from now on.

Obviously, I’d love to see us get something out of this game but, conversely, the Hun hater in me wouldn’t be too distraught if they put that bitter wee guy, Gerrard, in his place. The clock’s ticking for him and he’s only got this season to hold on to his job. If they give Celtic breathing space his bum’s out the proverbial window.
    Absolute disaster zone of a post for a Hibs fan to make. **** the OF and their wee squabbles, I want Hibs to try and win every game we play.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    We're long overdue a win there, it's been 10 years! It's a big ask but not impossible with this squad and manager.

Given our form and the circumstances I'm confident that we could get something against them.
    Jack gets the tactics right and they are leaking goals, then just maybe.

Steven McLean is the referee, Douglas Ross is one of the assistants according to EEN

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think with the current form of both teams & the lack of fans in the stadium if we are able for a point we are able for all three. I don't expect them as obviously celtic have spent a lot more cash on their side but I do think we have every chance and Im really looking forward to what we can potentially achieve.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Didn't realise our recent record was so poor, but perhaps it's not surprising

Still, the lack of fans definitely is beneficial to us this time
    Danny Galbraith last minute winner in 2010 being the last time and the famous 1-3 win in 2005 with Brown scoring for us the other!

True that lack of fans should hopefully help a bit but the atmosphere is generally flat from 'The best fans in the world' when we play there. Hoping it makes a difference and the performance against the Huns should help with belief.

@hibs.net private member
    We need to keep it tight to have a chance of getting something out the game, for me lessons need to be learned from the Morelos goal and that is if we concede a corner someone has to be on the back post marking a player not in behind of him trying to get back when its too late

Gamer IDs

Same line up as against the Huns or does Murphy come back in? A few would probably have Stevenson back in too but I'd go same again.

I think they're playing 352 as well.

Know this is a bit tongue in cheek but a Hibs win on Sunday would bring the odds tumbling down on us winning the title.

We need the 3 points at the weekend to bolster our Champions League prospects. We are the ones to stop TIA

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    I reckon that we’ll be a 4-2-3-1 formation when not in possession and then switching to 4-3-3 when attacking.

Rocky

McGinn.....Porteous.....Hanlon.....Stevenson

..................Gogic.....Newell................ .....

Boyle.................Nisbet..................Murp hy

.........................Doidge................... .......

Murphy dropping deeper and Nisbet going wide when 4-3-3. I reckon Stevenson will be used over Doig for this game too just to bring in some experience.