hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celtic Game

Celtic Game

No reason why we can't go to Parkhead next week and give them a good game. They'll be a different test to Rangers, but they are leaky at the back, so let's take it to them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Don't see why we can't pick up points. Think rangers are a better team than them and got the advantage of them having no crowd.

They're definitely getatable. Whether we can sneak a point or three though, who knows.

Blog Entries
    Obviously, I’d love to see us get something out of this game but, conversely, the Hun hater in me wouldn’t be too distraught if they put that bitter wee guy, Gerrard, in his place. The clock’s ticking for him and he’s only got this season to hold on to his job. If they give Celtic breathing space his bum’s out the proverbial window.

The difficulty is Celtic will have seen how well we performed today and know they really need to turn up and put in a good performance to get a result.

Very hard game and we can’t concede many fouls as Duffy is very good in the air.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously, I’d love to see us get something out of this game but, conversely, the Hun hater in me wouldn’t be too distraught if they put that bitter wee guy, Gerrard, in his place. The clock’s ticking for him and he’s only got this season to hold on to his job. If they give Celtic breathing space his bum’s out the proverbial window.
    Seriously? Celtic are every bit as vile as the Rangers. Gerrard will be found out in good time. We need points for our own reasons and should never have even the slightest reason to not hope for a Hibernian win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are the best team in the league so we will need to be at our absolute best to have a chance but I am optimistic. Getting the first goal like today would give us a lot of confidence to achieving a result.

@hibs.net private member
    I fancy us to secure another point next weekend.

This reads like there's a part of you that wouldn't mind if we get beat next week as long as it helps to prevent Rangers from winning the league?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    sellick can go on their several game unbeaten run starting after they've played us

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    With no fans, there is very little home advantage. Livi scored twice at Parkhead yesterday. No reason why we cant go there and get a win.

@hibs.net private member
    We have enough to play a similar game as today and possibly get points. They have better players but we have plenty to give them headaches and Lennon may well try something clever which backfires

All the more reason that we should go to Parkhead and try to get three points. If we were the team to stop the ten rather than Rangers, Gerrard would not be safe in a job.

Incredible 😂 **** Celtic and Neil Lennon as much as Rangers and Gerrard, after the Aberdeen result yesterday we have a real chance to go and cement our position in third over the next few weeks and you want us to lose to Celtic to **** Rangers over, carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    All the more reason that we should go to Parkhead and try to get three points. If we were the team to stop the ten rather than Rangers, Gerrard would not be safe in a job.
    We aren't gonna win the league. We can all dream though and I want to be up their challenging for as long as possible. A result at Parkhead will keep the dream going a little bit longer.

Cup Final referee Steven McLean will be the man in the middle this weekend.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    What a rank post.

Any wonder some folk think we’ve got some sort of nonsense affiliation with that mob when people come out with nonsense like that.

Would rather not take points off Celtic so rangers are a few more points behind them, have a word
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Celtic not offering a PPV option, anyone have any idea anywhere that may be showing the game or even anyway to watch it (don’t say IPTV)

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Celtc are only a point behind them with a game in hand. I think the Huns have blown it already. If Morelos leaves they are goosed.

Anyhow, I promised my Rangers pal we’d take 3 points away from Parkhead.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    We aren't gonna win the league. We can all dream though and I want to be up their challenging for as long as possible. A result at Parkhead will keep the dream going a little bit longer.
    Probably not but we are in the top part of the league on merit and if we can stay there after a full round of fixtures it is in our own hands and should be what we are trying to do. Aim for the stars and all that. No fans makes a huge difference so this will be the best chance for someone outside the uglies. We should be trying to do that and take the opportunity presented.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Celtc are only a point behind them with a game in hand. I think the Huns have blown it already. If Morelos leaves they are goosed.

Anyhow, I promised my Rangers pal we’d take 3 points away from Parkhead.
    I don't look at our taking points off Celtic as helping Rangers. We should be looking to win every game regardless. Competing well in our biggest games. The more we do that the better it is for us - for our profile and our confidence - and that's what matters.

Rangers probably need to win away to Celtic just to keep in touch with them. It's a problem of their own making and it's up to them to do it. I won't give a stuff either way.

Celtic haven't really got going yet this season but when they are at it they have more pace and power than Rangers.
    They also have a collection of giants in defence, who pose a serious threat from set-pieces.
    We caused Rangers problems, so we can definitely get at Celtic. Boyle could be a handful for Taylor and they don't have a left-sided centre-back.
    Will Murphy come straight back in? Wright worked hard and did well to get his goal but looked a bit lost in central midfield at times. Would JR chuck in Hallberg, Mallan or even S McGinn? It doesn't seem likely.
    Stevenson or Doig is the other choice, I guess, along with the starting formation.
    The defence and Rocky will be feeling good about themselves, so let's hope there's more to smile about next Sunday.

@hibs.net private member
    It would be brilliant take all 3 points. Keep some sustained pressure on both of them. Can only help us in attracting transfer targets and move the club in the right direction. Could not care less who it helps outside of Hibs.

Once again, Celtc will be massive favourites. I just hope we show the same level of tenacity as we did against Der Hun.

Some of the whingeing from the The Rangers Fans is that Hibs don't show the same level of effort against Celtc as they do against them... which is blatantly nonsense seeing as we have a better record against Celtc since we were promoted than we do against the Bluenoses.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    It would be brilliant take all 3 points. Keep some sustained pressure on both of them. Can only help us in attracting transfer targets and move the club in the right direction. Could not care less who it helps outside of Hibs.
    This.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    weird.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    What a rank post.

Any wonder some folk think we’ve got some sort of nonsense affiliation with that mob when people come out with nonsense like that.

Would rather not take points off Celtic so rangers are a few more points behind them, have a word

I initially thought I had misunderstood the post last night but it appears that I haven't.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    As always at Parkhead and Ibrox, getting something from the game is a bonus, which it means it's a free hit for us and there is no pressure. The only thing I ask for in those two away games is having a go and not being afraid of them. If we play well, we can get something, but it's always tough. Don't let them settle and keep up the intensity, as we did yesterday.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Hibs winning all three points at Parkhead helps us and no one else.

Sevco and Celtc have four bigot fests to sort out their pecking order. Sadly any joy I get from hearing later than one of them has lost is cancelled out by the knowledge that the other one won.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Blog Entries
    I think that the wording of my post has resulted in some folk thinking that I actually want Celtic to take points out of our match with them to spite Rangers. Nothing could be further from the truth. I desperately want us to get all three points but I, perhaps clumsily, was simply trying to say that, in the present climate, potential lost points to Celtic was, for me, less disappointing that lost points to Rangers. I stand by my opinion that, given the two options, I would prefer Celtic to get their TIAR, rather than see Gerrard get the satisfaction of winning the title. Neither would be much more satisfying.