hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't think it was even a foul by Hanlon, got his body in the way. A few years ago any unbiased media outlet would be bemoaning the scourge of play acting that was creeping into the game after seeing the embarrassing antics of Haji and Morelos but it now seems to be regarded as fair game to embellish any physical contact made and it goes without saying that the Scottish media will see any incident through the warped lense of Der Hun.
    Yes. The real issue weren't the challenges which were very mild in the grand scheme of things it was the absolutely pathetic play acting to try and get players sent off. No mention at all of the super himan recovery when a card was flashed at the Hibs players. You would have thought someone could have invited someone like Stuart Lovell to at least give some semblance of fairness and intelligent analysis. Maybe like referees no one from East coast is allowed to be part of the game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    What was the incident at half time between the subs?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Surely it's time players were booked for overreaction/feigning injury in order to win a free kick or get an opponent in trouble. It's cheating just as much as diving, yet it's never punished.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Surely it's time players were booked for overreaction/feigning injury in order to win a free kick or get an opponent in trouble. It's cheating just as much as diving, yet it's never punished.
    I don't know how you'd ever prove that someone was not genuinely in pain or distress, much as we might believe we're seeing fakery. Was Kyle Lafferty retrospectively punished for the feigned head butt? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVIJ0I4dv8I

I would definitely ban the flashing of the invisible card at the referee though.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    I don't know how you'd ever prove that someone was not genuinely in pain or distress, much as we might believe we're seeing fakery. Was Kyle Lafferty retrospectively punished for the feigned head butt? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVIJ0I4dv8I

I would definitely ban the flashing of the invisible card at the referee though.
    The referee would have to make the decision, in conjunction with the linesmen, in the same way he judges whether a player has dived. If a referee is certain a player wasn't hit in the face, only for said player to be rolling around cover his face, then book him; the player is cheating. Players are supposed to be booked for waving imaginary cards, but that isn't properly enforced. Yes, Lafferty was punished retrospectively, which is another method of clamping down on this problem, which I think it's getting out of hand.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Pretty spot on report in my view - thought too that we may not perform well enough, but was pleasantly surprised although we had some moments - I am slowly beginning to realise there is more to this team than I thought - thought he ref could have booked more of their players - particularly the ones who were persistently fouling ...

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Another fabulous match report JB. How you keep producing these to such a consistent and thorough standard is beyond me, but thank you and I look forward to reading them every time.

Two points: one, there is an errant apostrophe in paragraph 8. It is managers, not manager’s. This will no doubt annoy you as much as me, we now have software that is wrongly auto correcting to add erroneous apostrophes and it appears to be a war we are losing, but fight it we must.

Secondly, the Huns don’t look any better defensively than they did last season. We could have scored more and how they haven’t conceded before today is beyond me.

If they lose Morelos they lose a lot of goals. They’ve already lost top spot.

Good point but we could have got all three.
    I agree regading the rogue apostrophe

BTW, having watched the Hanlon incident again several times, I agree it was not a red card offence and also agree that it probably wasn't even a booking
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I agree regading the rogue apostrophe

BTW, having watched the Hanlon incident again several times, I agree it was not a red card offence and also agree that it probably wasn't even a booking

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

And book Morelos for being ugly.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    it appears to be a war we are losing, but fight it we must.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post

Takes a genuine hard nut to take an elbow straight in the puss but still try a kick at the **** on the way down to semi consciousness and stitches. Wee radge Morelos is that man. We should buy the nasty wee *****.