hibs.net Messageboard

Doidge and officials

Does this lad ever get any decisions go his way?

Felt a couple times again clear foul on doidge and nothing giving and a couple soft fouls against him.

Is it just me being paranoid?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I thought it was a penalty when we missed the chance at 1-2 if it was at the other end I ma confident it would have been given.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Felt a couple times again clear foul on doidge and nothing giving and a couple soft fouls against him.

There was one up at the corner of the east and south where he did great to win the ball, but the ref gave a foul. He’s treated harshly imo.

United we stand here....

No your right Tambo,he clearly got fouled In or around 90 minutes,sevco went up the park and put us under pressure,I felt the ref blew for that type of foul often today for them but gave Doidge nothing.
    But big doidgey grafted on and got his reward in the end.cracking striker.pure work horse.

Certainly during that game he didn't have to do much for a foul to be given against him. But that was true of the whole game, with the same type of fouls being committed by both teams, but only one being penalised for them. About 30 seconds before their first goal there was a challenge on Wright in the middle of the park, exactly the type of challenge that Hibs players had been penalised for more than once during the half and yet nothing was given. It didn't lead directly to the goal, but if it had been given Hibs could probably have got to half time without conceding.

That's the bias, unconscious or not, you see from refs in games against both arse cheeks. It's not so much the fouls they give against the likes of us as the fact that they more often than not don't give fouls for exactly the same sort of challenges by them. That happened a lot today.

Also, at Hibs first corner, the ref gave a foul against Doidge for a foul on the keeper.

the replay shows Doidge standing his ground as the keeper jumps into him and flaps to the ground. Didn’t know the rules had changed to say a player needs to get out the keepers way

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Don Robertson was the ref that only gave us two fouls in a full 90 mins against Celtic at parkhead.

The one by Helander when he pulled Doidge was a shocker as was the foul against Doidge on Goldson at a corner when no foul at all.

Usual weegie ref.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Don Robertson was the ref that only gave us two fouls in a full 90 mins against Celtic at parkhead.

The one by Helander when he pulled Doidge was a shocker as was the foul against Doidge on Goldson at a corner when no foul at all.

Usual weegie ref.
    Absolutely ... as he ran back up the pitch Doidge was actually laughing and no wonder, if that was a foul then forwards might as well not bother challenging for crosses into the box. In all honesty I fully expected to see his goal chalked off because he actually had a The Rangers defender in his general vicinity.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 20-09-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    There was one up at the corner of the east and south where he did great to win the ball, but the ref gave a foul. He’s treated harshly imo.
    I'm sure that was the one right before halftime and the equaliser, was never a foul.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Doidge gets absolutely nothing from refs, it’s a disgrace.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I'm sure that was the one right before halftime and the equaliser, was never a foul.
    It was, I was raging as Doidge had done brilliantly to win the ball.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    It was a stonewall penalty

First Team Breakthrough
    I've always felt he doesn't get the rub of the green especially when it comes to 50/50 decisions, seems to have picked up a reputation from somewhere which I would say was unwarranted

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I didn't see a replay but it wasnt mentioned at all in commentary

Surprised Kris Boys didn't bring it up

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Also, at Hibs first corner, the ref gave a foul against Doidge for a foul on the keeper.

the replay shows Doidge standing his ground as the keeper jumps into him and flaps to the ground. Didn’t know the rules had changed to say a player needs to get out the keepers way
    That irked me at the time, made worse by mccoist complimenting the referee for a good spot.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

Complete non foul , But you won't hear Mcoist or Boyd mention anything about that

Today's sky sports pundits were pathetic and need challenged ..Would love a sort of Sky sports phone in and pose the questions and watch them squirm

I don't actually mind Ally Mcoist as a pundit but it was ****ing cringeworthy listening to him LAUGHING as Rangers made it 1-1

@hibs.net private member
    Yup.... never a foul, the rangers player didn’t even appeal... next thing rangers score. As usual poor refereeing, that said I think Don Robertson had an okay game today.

Couldn't believe he didn't give a foul against Doidge for the goal. Pleasantly surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Piqué View Post
    Couldn't believe he didn't give a foul against Doidge for the goal. Pleasantly surprised
    Never a foul

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Looked like a definite penalty, the manky hun then raise his arms above his head when he hit the deck as if to say "I never done anything" the ref was pish, quite happy to hand out bookings to us when sevco were fouling all over.

Never seen anything in the Hanson booking, didn't even touch the boy
    Last edited by CraigHibee; 20-09-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Never a foul
    No I didn't think it was at all. Every time Doidge made a challenge the referee seemed to blow for a foul so I just expected him to do so again

Quote Originally Posted by Piqué View Post
    No I didn't think it was at all. Every time Doidge made a challenge the referee seemed to blow for a foul so I just expected him to do so again
    Agree with that.

Testimonial Due
    I thought the ref had a good game! In the first half we seemed to get decisions that before we would never get.
    In the second the ref was more on top of most things, felt he needed some help from his linesmen.
    We got as many breaks in this game than we've had for years.
    The offside goal, and barge by Porto on Morelos in the past would have been delt with against us, no goal and red card for off the ball incident.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    I thought the ref had a good game! In the first half we seemed to get decisions that before we would never get.
    In the second the ref was more on top of most things, felt he needed some help from his linesmen.
    We got as many breaks in this game than we've had for years.
    The offside goal, and barge by Porto on Morelos in the past would have been delt with against us, no goal and red card for off the ball incident.
    Again, apart from Grant Brebner (wrongly) I’ve never seen a Hibs player sent off for a shoulder barge off the ball, have you any examples?

The offside could’ve gone either way, he was marginally off and it would’ve been some call by the linesman to get it right.

There was a foul on Doidge up by the corner of the east that wasn’t given which led to them ultimately equalising in the first half. Can also remember Wright breaking away for us and getting hauled down by Tavernier, a yellow card in any other game, but only a free kick awarded.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Even the Daily Ranger has said it was a penalty.