hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    was just about to say the same. Someone tweet sky and call them out on it. Doubt you’d even get a response mind you.
    Already did at half time - Ignored

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member
    It is clearly biased but it is a commercial station so you can choose to not subscribe. I'm more concerned about the BBC where we have little or no choice but to subscribe

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Sky today was geared to be all about Rangers and how great they are, and are they gonnae stop this 10 in a row p!sh, and aren’t they an amazing side under Gerrard.

Then we come along and **** the hole thing up, marvellous!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I don’t tweet, but maybe someone could ask Luke Shanley, why it’s so old firm biased
    To give us Andy Walker, as the Hibs pundit, is just a joke
    That is an easy question.
    It's capitalism at work. Pander to the most subscribers to keep them happy.
    Far more Sky subscribers are old firm supporters than any other scottish team, so voila you get old firm centric coverage. It's nothing personal just nasty old capitalism.
    Keep subscribing and you are part of the problem.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 20-09-2020 at 04:22 PM.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Beautiful
    It was.
    I really enjoyed listening to them seeth.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    I don’t mind McCoist but Boyd and Walker are terrible, if Sky are serious about showing Scottish football in a good light they need punted

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh_Lad View Post
    I don’t mind McCoist but Boyd and Walker are terrible, if Sky are serious about showing Scottish football in a good light they need punted
    I thought McCoist was so biased during the first half, wanting every Hibernian player booked. Every Rangers challenge was ‘accidental’!

Walker was actually okay.

They did have Rob Gordon and Ryan Porteous on before the game and you could download them, so the balance was there in a different way.

Boyd was raging about Hanlon, they are clutching a straws. That shows how desperate that mob are.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieRoy View Post
    I thought McCoist was so biased during the first half, wanting every Hibernian player booked. Every Rangers challenge was ‘accidental’!

They did have Rob Gordon and Ryan Porteous on before the game and you could download them, so the balance was there in a different way.

Boyd was raging about Hanlon, they are clutching a straws. That shows how desperate that mob are.
    Also, when Rangers won the ball it was good ball winning, but when Hibs won the ball it was poor play by rangers to lose possession
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I think The Rangers knew they needed to consolidate their place at the top of the table to put pressure on Celtc. Now we could do them a favour by getting a result v Celtc but they will still be breathing down their necks.

Basically the Huns have blown it already.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The coverage yesterday was appallingly biased. Every decision and incident was viewed through a Rangers lens, there was very little objectivity in the conversation.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    I actually considered switching to Hibs Pass at half time, its that bad, only reason i didn't was cos then i'd have to watch on a smaller screen etc....

Sky need more balance in the pundits they employ, even those with no real connection to the old firm are as biased as can be..... rare to see anyone disagreeing with old firm pundits either.... perhaps the presenter needs a bit more prep to allow her to challenge them?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    We need someone representing HIBS’ point of view

Even Michael Stewart would be better than what we already have

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    I thought the coverage from Sky was shocking today, couldn’t believe how biased it was
    The advert for the game was a shocker.
    Rangers flying high, not conceded, trying to stop 10 in a row...then at the end “oh yeah and their playing Hibs”.
    Also thought Boyd was outrageously begrudging of any positives thrown Hibs way. Aggressive stance and attitude.

Disagree. Thought Mccoist was pretty good given he was a Rangers player and manager. Said lots of good things about Hibs players and Hibs play.
    Boyd was a disgrace, you could see he was seething most of the time.
    Walker did his best to bring some balance.

You could change the thread title to “balanced analysis missing from Scottish football coverage since the dawn of time.”

It’s always been the same, Huns (the vast majority of yesterday’s viewers) can’t stand anything other than perma-fawning about how great they are or how hard done by they are or both at once.

Sky Sports - Boyd's analysis is to whine about an offside.

Sportscene - Stewart analyses how the official got it wrong using just two frames.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Apart from Doidge getting brought down for a penalty.
    Nisbet getting straight arm punched in the face as Boyler cuts the ball back for the goal.
    Arfield taking a poor touch in the box and going over the ball on Newell for a penalty.
    Defoe elbowing Boyle in the face 90+ mins.
    and the grumpy striker who's hair has slipped off to one side kicking out at Porteous.

...it was well balanced.

Blog Entries
    The tone was set an hour before the game when the presenter in the Sky studio passed us over to Luke Shanley to preview Hearts Rangers!! Im sure several on here know Luke so could drop a word & I'll do likewise with my Sky contact.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    Disagree. Thought Mccoist was pretty good given he was a Rangers player and manager. Said lots of good things about Hibs players and Hibs play.
    Boyd was a disgrace, you could see he was seething most of the time.
    Walker did his best to bring some balance.
    This

Noticed that too, what is going on with Boyd? Why is he so blatantly angry and aggressive all the time? It can be over the most ordinary thing too, the guy just seems to be constantly on edge and ready to explode. He will give himself a heart attack, he will be a big points scorer on my celebrity death list next year.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Noticed that too, what is going on with Boyd? Why is he so blatantly angry and aggressive all the time? It can be over the most ordinary thing too, the guy just seems to be constantly on edge and ready to explode. He will give himself a heart attack, he will be a big points scorer on my celebrity death list next year.
    Imagine the anger that would come out if they ever got Alan McGregor as a pundit. Angriest man for no reason I've ever seen on a pitch

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    I think that, either by choice or design, Boyd has been given the role of the stirrer. He deliberately makes the controversial statement to get a debate going. Show business rather than objective analysis.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I like the Hibs TV coverage. Hibs minded commentators and guests a far better option than watching Sky Or any other broadcaster which goes into full Old Firm post-mortem mode at at dropped points by their favoured two.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    If you’re looking for balanced commentary / punditry for Hibs against the uglies has Sky ever Been the place to go?

Maybe given the link up in future the option to switch to Hibs commentary would be a better option.

The radio silence between the first and second goals of the match was goalden.

The onscreen seethe from Boyd was incredible - I tweeted as much (and that it was not pleasant watching for kids or a good example) and noted that when they came back to Boyd next time you could see that he was checking himself a bit more and was uncomfortable with it.

It would be funny to see punditry if an Aberdeen (Fergie) style challenge To the OF appeared - just to see the looks on their faces.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    The tone was set an hour before the game when the presenter in the Sky studio passed us over to Luke Shanley to preview Hearts Rangers!! Im sure several on here know Luke so could drop a word & I'll do likewise with my Sky contact.
    I don't know how scripted the interview questions were but he was asking Jack Ross if Hibs were fortunate with the officials but totally ignored what Rangers got away with. Of course Gerrard wasn't asked the reverse question and anything like our own elbowing claims and potential penalty were ignored.
    It might as well have been Chick Young.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Would love it if the wheels came off the wagon of Rangers attempt to prevent 10-in-a-row. Would leave a trail of desolation and shellshocked muppets on and off telly as the penny drops and the asterisk debate re-ignites (the only crumb of comfort)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    The answer is easy. Do what I did months ago and ditch Sky. You will feel a lot better and have more cash. There is little value and less quality in their football offerings.

Basically Rangers are outraged every time they lose points and the media create a narrative for them to feel better about. Whenever they drop points they know that 10 in a row is a step closer. Wait until later in the season and the panic sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Sky Sports - Boyd's analysis is to whine about an offside.

Sportscene - Stewart analyses how the official got it wrong using just two frames.

Sky Sports review of Boyle’s offside position was poor. From all the replays showed it was so clear to me that the reason the assistant ref struggled to spot it was that Boyle was moving back into an onside position a fraction of a second after the ball was played. It was so quick and his arced run meant that 3 or so defenders were goalside in the blink of an eye.

It was frustrating that no one offered that explanation on the Sky coverage. They did acknowledge it was difficult but the direction of movement from Boyle seemed obvious at the time. BBC picked up on it with Michael Stewart’s analysis on Sportscene as you say.

It was funny, Boyd was desperate not to seem complimentary to Hibs, so we got bizarre lines like ‘that was a good shot from a Hibs perspective’ as opposed to just saying it was a good shot, like that might get his Rangers fan card torn up.