hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Balanced analysis on sky sports missing?

Thought we had a great shout for a penalty,but despite that it was a good ball put in across goal not even covered or discussed post match that I saw.a lot of talk about elbows but again defoes elbow into Boyle not even covered.pretty annoying😡.and if sky are going to cover games over the next so many years,hopefully they can start representing the clubs on live games,not just the old firm.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It would have been nice to have someone that had more than what was, at best, a fleeting relationship with the club.

Promising Youngster
    Totally agree just posted on another thread this as well but Morelos kicking out at porto in the first half hasn't been mentioned anywhere or picked up

I thought the coverage from Sky was shocking today, couldn’t believe how biased it was

It was horrendous. Need to work out how to get hibspass on my telly

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought the coverage from Sky was shocking today, couldn’t believe how biased it was
    It was normal west coast bias, from the wee cabel they have going, nice if you can break into it as it pays well.
    Bunch of ****s

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    It was horrendous. Need to work out how to get hibspass on my telly

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I’ve got sky go but I would rather have payed to see it on hibs tv after the shocking coverage.its back to the 90s that guff!
    If would be great if clubs could cut out the middle man for coverage

Watched it on hibs pass even tho I could have watched it on sky. Wonderful coverage. Didn't once get annoyed at the commentary, really good guest in John Collins - used "we" a lot when discussing hibs play. Really great today. No andy walker. No kris boyd- says it all really.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    We were basically watching on Rangers TV today. Absolutely shocking. Was actually furious with their bias.

Maybe I need to get out more post lockdown 😂

McCoists remarks after the game were fair. He knows what a Rangers and Hibs game at Easter Road should be.

"It had a wee edge to it which I didn't mind at all. Some of the Hibs playeres were trying to wind the Rangers players up and I don't mind that at all. I think Rangers have more quality so you do what you can.

"They defended well, played well and scored a couple of goals. Some of the quality in terms of the goals was excellent. Rangers probably had more possession and better chances, but McLaughlin had to make a couple of good good saves as well."

It was unbelievable today

Hanlon should have been sent off
    Hagi with the assist of the season
    Porteous foul on Morelos (no mention of Morelos trying to kick out)
    The offside goal
    Questioning if Doidge on Helander was a foul for the goal.

Incredible.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    McCoists remarks after the game were fair. He knows what a Rangers and Hibs game at Easter Road should be.

"It had a wee edge to it which I didn't mind at all. Some of the Hibs playeres were trying to wind the Rangers players up and I don't mind that at all. I think Rangers have more quality so you do what you can.

"They defended well, played well and scored a couple of goals. Some of the quality in terms of the goals was excellent. Rangers probably had more possession and better chances, but McLaughlin had to make a couple of good good saves as well."

In spite of the fact that he's a fat hun welt, he's actually a decent pundit on occasion.

Watched it on my international Hibstv but also have Sky, tuned in at HT to hear Kris Boyd shouting about a red card for Hanlon. The guys a joke, and Walker saying Hibs are being overly aggressive, I couldn’t believe we where watching the same game. Might as well have Rangers tv on, at least we get a laugh at their commentators.

Beautiful

McCoist is good but boy give it a ******g break a bit Hagi’s pass I think he went on for about ten minutes until he got back on track.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

I actually don't mind McCoist and think he's developed into a good pundit. The issue, however, is that every game featuring the Old Firm is packed with their old boys, like it's a fan channel, when a national broadcaster should try to be balanced. Those who want clear bias need to subscribe to their chosen fan channel. I suppose it will always be the same and the rest of us will just need to live with it. We are just there to make up the numbers whilst the broadcasters focus upon how the Old Firm are playing.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 21-09-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    It was unbelievable today

Hanlon should have been sent off
    Hagi with the assist of the season
    Porteous foul on Morelos (no mention of Morelos trying to kick out)
    The offside goal
    Questioning if Doidge on Helander was a foul for the goal.

Incredible.
    Yes, everything is viewed through the prism of the Old Firm, which is completely unfair.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    It really was dire. Boyd could barely contain his rage and his waistcoat could barley contain him.

Luckily I watched on HTV, but this lineup is a joke. A Hibs home game and they go with two Rangers legends, they don't even try to be subtle anymore.

As others have said, I've actually got some time for McCoist, but for the sake of balance, how the **** have they justified both of them? Complete disservice to sports broadcasting.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I don’t tweet, but maybe someone could ask Luke Shanley, why it’s so old firm biased
    To give us Andy Walker, as the Hibs pundit, is just a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I don’t tweet, but maybe someone could ask Luke Shanley, why it’s so old firm biased
    was just about to say the same. Someone tweet sky and call them out on it. Doubt you’d even get a response mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    It really was dire. Boyd could barely contain his rage and his waistcoat could barley contain him.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    was just about to say the same. Someone tweet sky and call them out on it. Doubt you’d even get a response mind you.
    I’m sure Luke would reply, if you post a reasonable question

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Ah but he did play 8 games on loan for us 25 years ago and he’s a Celtic man.

Also pissed off at the final comment from the female presenter (not a clue who she is) saying 2 points dropped for Rangers at Easter Road. Why not 2 points dropped for Hibs ? So biased it was unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    😂 class!

Also pissed off at the final comment from the female presenter (not a clue who she is) saying 2 points dropped for Rangers at Easter Road. Why not 2 points dropped for Hibs ? So biased it was unbelievable
    Again, everything is analysed through their perspective. It has always been thus.

Or “did Doidge foul Helander, he had 2 hands on the back” 🤣

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    McCoist is good but boy give it a ******g break a bit Hagi’s pass I think he went on for about ten minutes until he got back on track.
    Ha ha yeah not a patch on Mcginn's pass where Nisbet made their keeper save well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    I don't expect much from the broadcasters when we play the OF but this was absolutely brutal. Just glad I don't give them any money.