hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Porteous

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But the Jambos still don’t know who he is allegedly!
    I have just had a look at that thread and to sum it up. Half of them ain't heard of him. One poster says he will never get called up to the national team which he already has and paul McGinn and Hanlon are stinkers at the back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The shoulder to shoulder incident with Ryan happens all the time in games, the only reason it was highlighted was because Moreles went down holding his face! Not sure getting hit on the shoulder warrants him rolling around on the ground holding his face, unless he is trying to get a players sent off!
    Hearts, Aberdeen & The Rangers are the worst teams in Scotland for trying to get players sent off with all the play acting, yet they are the same teams that love to give it out (Rough Stuff)

I have never liked Steven Gerrard as a player for Liverpool or England, not that he was a bad player, but the way he would run around a pitch moaning to the ref's about everything that went against his team! He was also a player who liked a tumble in the box for the slightest of touches (just like Gareth Bale would do when he was at spurs first time around), so to me SG and The Rangers are a match made in heaven for not being true pro's to the game!

As The Rangers fans would sing "Nobody like us, but we don't care"............oh yes you do! And you are the first to moan to the Glasgow media about it.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Can’t believe it? From them? Really?
    From this Rangers 100% I can believe it. It shows how far they've fallen, how irrelevant they now are, how much they are hurting and I for one am absolutely loving it.

As much as Walter Smith and Barry Ferguson are wee hun pricks, you wouldn't have gotten them behaving like that I don't think.

It's why Rangers won't win the league this season. They're the best footballing side i've seen this season up here but they've not got the bottle - soft as *****. They're gaffer, once one of the greatest midfielder to grace this earth refusing to shake hands with a 20 year laddie. They're best striker and biggest asset along with their captain are whinging greeting faced wee noel hunts. When the going gets tough they surrender (ironically enough), don't have the mentality to give it back and get stuck in. If that was Celtic Brown would give is good as he or his teammate got just to square things up. Tav - spits the dummy and moans at the ref for 90 minutes.

What's great to see is if Gerrard went down south tomorrow he'd be a hero again. Opposing fans would want selfies and autographs, young players of the other team would want to shake his hand etc. Up here he's a nobody, every single person in the stands or in the opposing dugouts wants to get battered into him/them. Brilliant to see - Scottish fitba, proud of ye.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    From this Rangers 100% I can believe it. It shows how far they've fallen, how irrelevant they now are, how much they are hurting and I for one am absolutely loving it.

As much as Walter Smith and Barry Ferguson are wee hun pricks, you wouldn't have gotten them behaving like that I don't think.

It's why Rangers won't win the league this season. They're the best footballing side i've seen this season up here but they've not got the bottle - soft as *****. They're gaffer, once one of the greatest midfielder to grace this earth refusing to shake hands with a 20 year laddie. They're best striker and biggest asset along with their captain are whinging greeting faced wee noel hunts. When the going gets tough they surrender (ironically enough), don't have the mentality to give it back and get stuck in. If that was Celtic Brown would give is good as he or his teammate got just to square things up. Tav - spits the dummy and moans at the ref for 90 minutes.

What's great to see is if Gerrard went down south tomorrow he'd be a hero again. Opposing fans would want selfies and autographs, young players of the other team would want to shake his hand etc. Up here he's a nobody, every single person in the stands or in the opposing dugouts wants to get battered into him/them. Brilliant to see - Scottish fitba, proud of ye.
    I'm sure I remember them and the other arse cheeks at the same time being whingeing gets but I can't think of any examples so I may be wrong. If they weren't whingeing it was probably because every decision went for them.

I thought it was hilarious to see Morelos after scoring trying to noise up the cardboard cut outs, or was it the ball boy !

Steven Gerrard must have a short memory.
    This was a much worse tackle than Ryan's last year.

https://www.givemesport.com/1019321-remembering-when-steven-gerrard-got-sent-off-in-the-merseyside-derby-in-1999

The Rangers News headline.

'Hibs Brute'

Not that we need reminding but what a horrible club.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The term Hibs class is a nonsense one anyway, the club backing one of our young players in the face of a social media rampage against him is fine by me.
    Hibs Class a nonsense, pal?

You stick to the Red *****.

Ryan Porteous - I've got you...

...under my skin.

What exactly is it about the 21 year old from Dalkeith that has wound up;

The multi-millionaire, FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Sheild, Champions League, UEFA Cup and UEFA Super Cup winning Steven Gerrard,

The well-travelled, much-vaunted, so-called blue-Cafu

AND

The only Colombian in the world who, according to the Daily Record at least, is in more demand from more people than cocaine itself.

Because I want to bottle it, roll about in it and inject it right intae ma veins.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    The Rangers News headline.

'Hibs Brute'

Not that we need reminding but what a horrible club.

Ha ha love it. They just make themselves look even more petty and bitter.

"Rangers Class"

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Was it Ryan's coming together with Morelas that they didn't let Michael Stewart comment on on Sportscene last night? Halliday said it could've been a red and before Stewart could speak Sutherland said not to and moved onto the Sheep vs Well, I was half asleep watching it so I may have got it wrong.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Was it Ryan's coming together with Morelas that they didn't let Michael Stewart comment on on Sportscene last night? Halliday said it could've been a red and before Stewart could speak Sutherland said not to and moved onto the Sheep vs Well, I was half asleep watching it so I may have got it wrong.

The fact that Porteous is not facing a 12 match ban and potential criminal proceedings is no doubt further proof of a Papist conspiracy against ra Peepl.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post

I kind of agree with him. What does it even mean anyway? If sticking up for one of our own during an onslaught of bad press is not Hibs class then who needs it.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I cannot think of a single bad challenge from Porteous in the entire 90mins.

Yeah it was. It’s about time people started asking them what rule would be used to send him off. Purely stating ‘it’s off the ball’ isn’t a red card offence, likewise with Boyd regarding Hanlon.

First Team Breakthrough
    I didn't listen to the game on the radio but I got the impression from what MS said on Sportscene that he may have discussed it to death already, not that that helps those of us who didn't listen to that earlier discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Every camera angle caught Ryan pissing himself laughing. Love it. Characters like that you need at a club. Proper old school head on young shoulers. Rangers are raging.
    Reminds me of Yogi in his attitude to the game.
    Laughing and on the wind up, so good.
    Totally committed and a joy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Yeah it was. It’s about time people started asking them what rule would be used to send him off. Purely stating ‘it’s off the ball’ isn’t a red card offence, likewise with Boyd regarding Hanlon.
    Never a red card. Never mentioned that Hanlon is about a foot taller than Hagi. What’s he meant to do with his arms???

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    Reminds me of Yogi in his attitude to the game.
    Laughing and on the wind up, so good.
    Totally committed and a joy to watch.
    He's really impressive in his Hibs TV post match interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hPVW83FzY

He speaks really, really well and is obviously anything but a big daft laddie.

You're kind of proving his point with your response

And as has been said, should Hibs not stand up for one of their own? They've done that in a way that's not directly aggressive or controversial, but has made it clear they are right behind Porteous

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Great response and I’m not your pal!

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    He's really impressive in his Hibs TV post match interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93hPVW83FzY

He speaks really, really well and is obviously anything but a big daft laddie.

Thanks for posting. What a great pair of characters these two are.

Ryan is represented by Andy Murray’s agency as well... you couldn’t ask for a better role model as a Scottish professional really.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Imagine a former Champion’s league winner, Liverpool captain, England captain and the current Rangers captain being wound up THAT much by a young gallus centre half. Are they really that fragile? Beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    Never a red card. Never mentioned that Hanlon is about a foot taller than Hagi. What’s he meant to do with his arms???
    Kept saying ‘watch him, he moves his elbow up, boom’ - aye, his elbow moves up as it bounces off Hagi’s shoulder and deflects up to his cheek, there was no swinging motion or the like.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Imagine a former Champion’s league winner, Liverpool captain, England captain and the current Rangers captain being wound up THAT much by a young gallus centre half. Are they really that fragile? Beggars belief.
    I was already disappointed when Gerrard took the Rangers job, I’m even more disappointed that he has grown into the role of a classless, moaning, excuse making git.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    If I was Steven Gerrard I'd be saying to the Rangers board get that boy signed up. 21 year old laddie has the whole Rangers team on strings not to mention Gerrard himself. I'd be saying to myself that's a future captain there.

Hopefully he doesn't have that thought process.
    I watched the Spurs: All or Nothing documentary and something which I clicked on to was how Mourinho was calling the players soft and mentioned that when he managed against them none of the players ever said a bad word or were a dick to him in the tunnel etc.

Made me think that a lot of managers may like this type of arrogance and confidence. Porteous is one of the players I think fits into that category.

Possibly Stewart was going to mention Morelos kicking out at Porteous, which would be an automatic red if spotted. Think he's highlighted previous offences by Morelos which is why the Sevco fans can't stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by LongJohnBanger View Post
    ...under my skin.

What exactly is it about the 21 year old from Dalkeith that has wound up;

The multi-millionaire, FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Sheild, Champions League, UEFA Cup and UEFA Super Cup winning Steven Gerrard,

The well-travelled, much-vaunted, so-called blue-Cafu

AND

The only Colombian in the world who, according to the Daily Record at least, is in more demand from more people than cocaine itself.

Because I want to bottle it, roll about in it and inject it right intae ma veins.
    I know Gerrard is best known as a Liverpool player, but you left out that he helped Chelsea win the English title.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Imagine what they would be like if we had won the game. Better still, if Ryan had scored the winner. They would internally combust.