hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if it's been mentioned on the forum but I'd really recommend Lewis's 2 part interview on the Did Ye Aye Podcast. Think the interviewer is an old school pal and it's an excellent chat and you hear stuff that you wouldn't normally. Very honest about his lack of confidence and struggles to handle abuse from the stands etc., and amazed to hear the effect the 5-1 cup final had on him. Its been said a millions times but a more humble decent guy you'd do well to find. Its on apple and spotify.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...ode%2F40837532

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4wJ...z7J9tEO2_a-HwU
    Class podcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Great podcasts. His comments on Lennon are illuminating. No tactics, completely unprofessional bullying behaviour and an attitude that worked for a year but was destined for failure. Amazing that he thought Lennon was his best manager. Lewis should consider a book as his story is amazing and he tells it superbly

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I've criticised Lewis as much as anyone over the years, but he's one of only 2 player's who's pictures are hung on my wall at home holding the cup aloft at Hampden. Legend. ❤️❤️❤️

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Just finished listening to the Lewis pods. Genuine insight into Hibs and Lewis himself. Interesting comments about Lennon, interesting about his wage level/demands. Said what we all felt about the 2012 cup final (so not caring about result). That’s the most open you’ll ever hear LS I think. Well worth a listen.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member

Lewis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    I don't know if it's been mentioned on the forum but I'd really recommend Lewis's 2 part interview on the Did Ye Aye Podcast. Think the interviewer is an old school pal and it's an excellent chat and you hear stuff that you wouldn't normally. Very honest about his lack of confidence and struggles to handle abuse from the stands etc., and amazed to hear the effect the 5-1 cup final had on him. Its been said a millions times but a more humble decent guy you'd do well to find. Its on apple and spotify.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...ode%2F40837532

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4wJ...z7J9tEO2_a-HwU
    Thanks for sharing that - wonderful listen ..what a humble great character Lewis is ...

Interesting to hear him talk about the difference Lennon made to the club and the winning mentality of the team..clearly feels he was the best manager he’s worked for.

Also interesting to hear that he had an Achilles problem all last season ....
    Last edited by bigwheel; 24-09-2020 at 05:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Thanks for sharing that - wonderful listen ..what a humble great character Lewis is ...

Interesting to hear him talk about the difference Lennon made to the club and the winning mentality of the team..clearly feels he was the best manager he’s worked for.

Also interesting to hear that he had an Achilles problem all last season ....
    It would have been fascinating if the interviewer had pressed him on why Lennon lost so may games during his last season with us or why that initial season saw him get around the same amount of points in a weaker division than Stubbs had. I'll admit to not liking the way he managed, that isn't a football thing that is a human thing, however Lewis liking him did give him some bonus points for me. Lewis is the type of winner I like - classy, considerate, responsible but hard as nails and gives everything.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    absolute legend.

@hibs.net private member
    Really interesting listen - thanks for posting it. Best summed up in one word:"humility".