hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most importantly for a club of our stature, a decent dresser. Not frightened to go off-label. I’d like to know more about his shoe choices. I can understand mainstream sports media channels not making them a feature of their televised coverage, but not Hibs TV. More shoes please.

He says that Sunderland had an issue with him refusing to wear branded training wear in the dug out.

Obviously Hibs colours are a lot more tasteful but he is clearly a man who knows his own mind.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Probably some really nice chelsea boots. Something that makes a big statement, namely "look at me, I'm wearing some really nice chelsea boots".
    I like the cut of your jib, but we have to overhaul Ross’s wardrobe to make Chelsea boots work stylistically. I’d be inclined to suggest checked trousers and maybe a long leather trenchcoat.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He says that Sunderland had an issue with him refusing to wear branded training wear in the dug out.

Obviously Hibs colours are a lot more tasteful but he is clearly a man who knows his own mind.
    This increases his status further in my eyes.

I remain convinced by him. He is the real deal.
    The footwear issue still needs resolved but looking good so far. His attire makes more statements than the boards of Hearts and Rangers combined.

@hibs.net private member
    I remain convinced by him. He is the real deal.

There is a reason why Brendan Rodgers loves him and wanted him to join his coaching staff.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post

There is a reason why Brendan Rodgers loves him and wanted him to join his coaching staff.
    Never knew that - but then again both Ian Cathro and Hecky have good coaching jobs at big teams.

Jack Ross in terms of personality seems to have a bit more about him though which is what you need. I’m excited for the future as we seem to have a good core squad and a manager who can read the game and make changes if needed.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

https://youtu.be/kvlFjVEiTKs

I know this video of Jack Ross is a year old now but I’ve not seen it posted before on here.

Love these in-depth tactical interviews. Really gives you a great insight in to the complexity of match preparation.

Ross actually manages to rock the white track top to the extent I even wanted one myself. Unusual to find a manager who looks acceptable in any club sporting wear. I suspect Jack has checked his look and insisted its the white/grey top only.

Any pictures of his shoes?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Ross actually manages to rock the white track top to the extent I even wanted one myself. Unusual to find a manager who looks acceptable in any club sporting wear. I suspect Jack has checked his look and insisted its the white/grey top only.

Not sure about yesterday but I noticed them last week.

Plain white trainers with no obvious branding on them. Looked smart and I’m guessing they were more cruise than Cameron toll, struggle to describe them any more than that though.

Sorry.

Spring Courts maybe?

GGTTH

White trainers for over 40s is a no no.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    There's a greater chance of getting away with it if you're involved in professional sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post

I know this video of Jack Ross is a year old now but I’ve not seen it posted before on here.

Love these in-depth tactical interviews. Really gives you a great insight in to the complexity of match preparation.
    Just watched that now - it was brilliant, thank you.

He’s good, isn’t he?

I liked the bit at the end about the significance of it all to the players - we had a plan, we carried it out, this is a manager we can trust.

I also like his awareness of vulnerabilities and the wee bit of gamble involved.
    Last edited by Smartie; 11-10-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Are they ok with green stripes? Asking for a friend.

PS he has also written a children's book and has a masters degree in economics from Heriot Watt
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 11-10-2020 at 10:33 AM.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Are they ok with green stripes? Asking for a friend.

PS he has also written a children's book and has a masters degree in economics from Heriot Watt
    My friend wants to know that as well! :agree

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got to say I really like Ross and he comes across really well in interviews, open and honest about performances. Here's hoping he can continue to build a good squad and the results will keep coming.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Should really get his attire sponsored by Omega, Boss, Cruise (if it still exists)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Not sure about yesterday but I noticed them last week.

Plain white trainers with no obvious branding on them. Looked smart and I’m guessing they were more cruise than Cameron toll, struggle to describe them any more than that though.

Sorry.
    No need for apologies. I both applaud and appreciate your efforts.

The trainers are Common Projects. £260. 😂

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    I like the cut of your jib, but we have to overhaul Ross’s wardrobe to make Chelsea boots work stylistically. I’d be inclined to suggest checked trousers and maybe a long leather trenchcoat.
    Chelsea boots underneath a pair of plain or patterned narrow fitting suit trousers, tapering down to a 16'' bottom, sitting level with the ankle would be the perfect match.
    Last edited by green with envy; 12-10-2020 at 07:44 AM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    What worries me is that takes away from the intitial statement of "I'm wearing some really nice Chelsea boots" and changes it to "Look at me, I'm wearing a trenchcoat and some really nice boots". Two totally different messages.

On a serious note, when we were first crying out to get rid of Hecky and replace him with Jack Ross, I seen it back then as a bit out of the frying pan and into the fire - someone who'd work well at his first club but not with anyone after that. Kind of how Alan Stubbs has really sadly turned out, but I didn't see it working with us.

Been completely wrong. So impressed with how he's made us such a versatile, balanced team with a relatively small squad of players. We can't be easy to prepare against as even with the same starting eleven there are a number of shapes that we can play and switch between.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Says who

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post

Great watch and just lets you see how thin a line there is between success and failure in matches Also gives an understanding as to why managers stick with players that supporters cannot fathom why theyve not been dropped. If a player is carrying out the instructions a manager has given them then the manager will trust and stick with him even though it appears like he isn’t playing well or within himself. I think Joe Newell is a good example of this. Earlier in the season he was copping a bit of flak for hiding or not being involved enough. Joe then went out and had a great game and in the post match interview JR mentioned that Joe had been given more licence to get forward than in previous games. Joe was obviously adhering to team orders in previous games which restricted his natural game but did the job he was asked to well enough to continue to get selected.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think we won a watch when we got Jack Ross on board, I will be honest and say that I was nervous about the prospect of him taking over at Hearts, as he would (IMHO) have saved them from relegation - you just have to look at our respective positions when Ross took over here and where both teams ended up to see the impact he had.

His results are excellent as well, of course there is the odd blip (the derby at Easter Road being the most obvious one), however we have consistently picked up points and I think it's still the case that since taking over, Ross has accumulated more points than any manager outside of Rangers and Celtic. Considering that he's been here a while now, that's an impressive stat and bodes well for our campaign.

I like what he says as well, he's usually very measured with his comments, sometimes what he doesn't say is as telling as what he does, but I think he's very articulate and intelligent and these are two attributes that are hugely important when it comes to commanding the dressing room and giving the players trust in what you're doing.

My big hope is that he sees Hibs as being the equivalent to Aberdeen for McInnes - a long term project with the backing of the board to deliver year on year. I know Brendan Rogers is a huge fan, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see Celtic come after him at some point, hopefully that's after a good number of years of success at Easter Road.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Big fan of Ross.

When he makes subs, they often make the difference. He can notice when he's got it wrong in a game and change it to help us.

He is consistent with his selections also which I like. And we are signing proven experienced players who know the Scottish game.

Put all the above together and it is no surprise we are doing well - these are all the marks of teams that find themselves in the top 3/4.

His win % is very consistent across jobs all which had a good degree of pressure/ expectation, moulding himself as a future Scotland manager I have little doubt

Maybe some on here that forever come out with JR's 'tactics were wrong, he should have played 3-5-2', or whatever, will see this video and realise that the formation and the tactics within the formation are two completely different aspects.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Are they a yea yea if they are dirty, muddy and scuffed? My mate was asking....
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    Chelsea boots underneath a pair of plain or patterned narrow fitting suit trousers, tapering down to a 16'' bottom, sitting level with the ankle would be the perfect match.
    I think we currently have the most sartorial manager in the Premier League. But JR has to be careful; he's currently favouring a turtle neck that could easily spill over into a Mulligan and O'Hare look if he let's himself go. However, sporting a G9 with a good pair of Chelsea boots for the winter, I have faith he'll pull of the McQueen look effortlessly.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    I think we currently have the most sartorial manager in the Premier League. But JR has to be careful; he's currently favouring a turtle neck that could easily spill over into a Mulligan and O'Hare look if he let's himself go. However, sporting a G9 with a good pair of Chelsea boots for the winter, I have faith he'll pull of the McQueen look effortlessly.
    Then ditch the Chelsea boots for a pair of Sanders - Suede Chukka Boots. At only £200.00 a pair, i'm sure JR could afford them.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    To be honest, if he goes full Mulligan and O’Hare I’m jumping straight on that bandwagon.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net