hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great work Detective Green, puts a few theories to bed
    Unfortunately it doesn't really. Cav has done great work here but the detail in the Hibs accounts is insufficient to be specific about any % paid to St Mirren. Taking Cav's numbers at face value, of almost £3m to Hibs & £1m to St M takes the SJM fee up to £4m, considerably more than was reported at the time. I'm fine with that, the £3m commonly stated may have been our net share. Unfortunately Hibs accounts don't identify individual transfers so, as Cav acknowledges, the total may include other transfer income. I suspect it includes about £150k for Simon Murray & it may also include a payment for Jason. The more our income for SJM is reduced, the higher the % to St M. Another caveat however is I don't know if the St M income of £1m is also exclusive to the SJM transfer, Cav may have details on this.
    I suspect however, it may also just be down to interpretation. If we got £3m & St M got £1m then that means St M got 25% of the total. It also means however that St M got 33% of the value we received, ie 33% uplift on our transfer fee received. That could explain the difference in comments between RP & the St M Chairman, both putting the best spin on it for their own support. I'm afraid that's about as definitive as we'll get. At the end of the day we can really only say it's somewhere between 25% & 33% & I agree with Cav that it's probably closer to the former.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I meant as in what would they pay as a transfer fee, I don't think an awful lot so they could class £75,000 as substantial.

Not looking for an argument but I can't see any way he was on £200,000 at St.Mirren, he won't even be near that at Hibs.
    £75k is a substantial sum for a lot of the top smaller clubs in SPL given the current situation.

I can't remember the source but there a lot of websites giving out salary indications based on unnamed data. I could well have been scunnered, but Ross was supposedly on £350k at Sunderland and had increased his salary 5 fold from Buddies. I've googled since my initial post. That was from the Sun, so I won't pin any figure down based on that source.

I saw you posting about Hatelys assurance package at Huns, so I'm guessing you do have an inkling about football finances from your career.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't really. Cav has done great work here but the detail in the Hibs accounts is insufficient to be specific about any % paid to St Mirren. Taking Cav's numbers at face value, of almost £3m to Hibs & £1m to St M takes the SJM fee up to £4m, considerably more than was reported at the time. I'm fine with that, the £3m commonly stated may have been our net share. Unfortunately Hibs accounts don't identify individual transfers so, as Cav acknowledges, the total may include other transfer income. I suspect it includes about £150k for Simon Murray & it may also include a payment for Jason. The more our income for SJM is reduced, the higher the % to St M. Another caveat however is I don't know if the St M income of £1m is also exclusive to the SJM transfer, Cav may have details on this.
    I suspect however, it may also just be down to interpretation. If we got £3m & St M got £1m then that means St M got 25% of the total. It also means however that St M got 33% of the value we received, ie 33% uplift on our transfer fee received. That could explain the difference in comments between RP & the St M Chairman, both putting the best spin on it for their own support. I'm afraid that's about as definitive as we'll get. At the end of the day we can really only say it's somewhere between 25% & 33% & I agree with Cav that it's probably closer to the former.
    I agree with all that but there are a couple of further considerations to be made. First, the amounts that go to players, agents and Association is quite significant so smaller fees like the Simon Murray one wouldn't have a huge impact on my conclusions unless there were three or four of them. Jason was sold in the previous year so the main fee wouldn't be included, although it's possible there were add-ons but given his performance down there I suspect they would be minimal. Secondly, by all accounts there were substantial add-ons to the McGinn fee and since Villa had achieved promotion by the year end (reportedly one of the add-ons) that would be included in the Hibs and St Mirren accounts and might well bring the total receivable to nearer £4m. That is borne out by the fact that debtors have increased significantly in the accounts of both club.

It's not clear if St Mirren sold any players, but there is an impairment deduction suggesting they released or sacked a player that they'd paid a fee for. The gain in their accounts is a round figure which suggests to me it was only the McGinn fee.

It's not possible to be entirely sure, but the more I look at it the more I think 25% is likely to be the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    You can't compare mild hypochondria, or being an egg shell, to a mental health issue. I can't help but feel that concern for real and proper mental health issues is being diluted by the sad but fashionable badge collecting brigade who claim they have a mental health problem when they are just a bit down or sad or are having to deal with an unwelcome but everyday issue. It's also getting rammed down our throats by the media, some of whom like the horrendous Davina McCall and Piers Morgan, seem to set out to make folk they are interviewing break down. Makes me sick.
    That's a pretty horrific view of mental health and is the kind of viewpoint that does nothing to advance the conversation about mental well-being, especially in this time where a number of the things people take joy from or use to relax and unwind are unavailable.

Suggesting people are actually taking mental health onboard like some kind of "trendy" thing or like some kind of new fashion they must be seen in is a really patronising and uncaring view and anyone brining the mental health conversation into the public forum has to be a good thing.

But you are pushing the typical old school harmful view that people who feel sad or are struggling with something specific should just harden up and get the hell on with it and stop complaining. Not helpful in the slightest and in my view your post is both misguided and embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I agree with all that but there are a couple of further considerations to be made. First, the amounts that go to players, agents and Association is quite significant so smaller fees like the Simon Murray one wouldn't have a huge impact on my conclusions unless there were three or four of them. Jason was sold in the previous year so the main fee wouldn't be included, although it's possible there were add-ons but given his performance down there I suspect they would be minimal. Secondly, by all accounts there were substantial add-ons to the McGinn fee and since Villa had achieved promotion by the year end (reportedly one of the add-ons) that would be included in the Hibs and St Mirren accounts and might well bring the total receivable to nearer £4m. That is borne out by the fact that debtors have increased significantly in the accounts of both club.

It's not clear if St Mirren sold any players, but there is an impairment deduction suggesting they released or sacked a player that they'd paid a fee for. The gain in their accounts is a round figure which suggests to me it was only the McGinn fee.

It's not possible to be entirely sure, but the more I look at it the more I think 25% is likely to be the right answer.
    Thanks Cav

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    That's a pretty horrific view of mental health and is the kind of viewpoint that does nothing to advance the conversation about mental well-being, especially in this time where a number of the things people take joy from or use to relax and unwind are unavailable.

Suggesting people are actually taking mental health onboard like some kind of "trendy" thing or like some kind of new fashion they must be seen in is a really patronising and uncaring view and anyone brining the mental health conversation into the public forum has to be a good thing.

But you are pushing the typical old school harmful view that people who feel sad or are struggling with something specific should just harden up and get the hell on with it and stop complaining. Not helpful in the slightest and in my view your post is both misguided and embarrassing.

Blog Entries

I agree. I think it's down to RP, (rightly IMO) considering it as 25% of the total fee & Stewart Gilmour describing it as 33% = to the uplift on what we received. Everyone's a winner!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    You can't compare mild hypochondria, or being an egg shell, to a mental health issue. I can't help but feel that concern for real and proper mental health issues is being diluted by the sad but fashionable badge collecting brigade who claim they have a mental health problem when they are just a bit down or sad or are having to deal with an unwelcome but everyday issue. It's also getting rammed down our throats by the media, some of whom like the horrendous Davina McCall and Piers Morgan, seem to set out to make folk they are interviewing break down. Makes me sick.
    Aw man. For this post alone I'm kinda regretting setting up a hibs transfers thread.
    SO much wrong with this post but maybe it's just easiest to say can we keep this thread for its purpose please...

Left by mutual consent!
    Any transfer news then or is this thread pure hypocrisy central? 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Any transfer news then or is this thread pure hypocrisy central? 🤣🤣
    Yep, Hibs only going well eh?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post

He’s kinda got a point though.

Mind when we were in full lockdown, nobody bothered about having to stay home at the weekends when the weather was crap.

When the sun was out though, all of a sudden folk needed outdoors for their mental health!

Same as fold on here claiming they need to get to a game of football for their mental health.

That’s total BS and folk are throwing ‘mental health’ around as an excuse for all sorts of things now.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Aw man. For this post alone I'm kinda regretting setting up a hibs transfers thread.
    SO much wrong with this post but maybe it's just easiest to say can we keep this thread for its purpose please...
    It was a good try, but afraid its all gone off piste now..............there is always the "close thread" option

Beautiful work Cav

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Mind when we were in full lockdown, nobody bothered about having to stay home at the weekends when the weather was crap.

When the sun was out though, all of a sudden folk needed outdoors for their mental health!

Same as fold on here claiming they need to get to a game of football for their mental health.

That’s total BS and folk are throwing ‘mental health’ around as an excuse for all sorts of things now.
    He doesn't really have a rational point.

And who are you or I or anyone else to say hay is t genuine? I know a whole host of simple things that I have taken for granted for years that when not been made available to me have compounded how I feel and how I deal with navigating the world.

Dismissing what someone might say is important to them and their wellbeing, either mentally or physically, is judgemental and unfair to that specific person and their own needs.

We all have pressures and stresses we have to cope with and when normal coping mechanisms are not available to people then of course that could impact on them and should not be dismissed with a wave of the hand as bull**** or just to stop whining and that they should just go harden the **** up.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Most people would kinda want to go out rather than be locked in when the weathers kinda nice and probably kinda happy to stay in when it’s kinda crap.

I can only speak from my own personal experience but you're way off the mark IMO

Early on I was quite happy sitting about the house, getting odd jobs done that had been put off, playing some PC games, watching films, eating badly.

Now, over 6 months on and I'm still not back at work, its getting a bit soul destroying. I am fortunate enough to have great friends and family around me so it hasn't harmed my mental health too much. That being said, when everyone else in the house is out and I'm the only one in for 8 hours, it is horrendous. Those living alone must be struggling right now.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

I don't want to hijack the thread either, so perhaps this debate can be continued on the Depression and Anxiety thread. Feel free to post your thoughts there.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I don't want to hijack the thread either, so perhaps this debate can be continued on the Depression and Anxiety thread. Feel free to post your thoughts there.
    Good point well made. Any update on the 3 names we are apparently interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    It was a good try, but afraid its all gone off piste now..............there is always the "close thread" option
    It was always going to drift, as does the normal transfer thread when there's not much to discuss about Hibs, but I didn't realise this one would discuss skiing.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    Good point well made. Any update on the 3 names we are apparently interested in?
    3? Campbell, Magennis and who's the 3rd? What have i missed 🤔

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    3? Campbell, Magennis and who's the 3rd? What have i missed 🤔
    Dementia was the 3rd, no?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I can only speak from my own personal experience but you're way off the mark IMO

Early on I was quite happy sitting about the house, getting odd jobs done that had been put off, playing some PC games, watching films, eating badly.

Now, over 6 months on and I'm still not back at work, its getting a bit soul destroying. I am fortunate enough to have great friends and family around me so it hasn't harmed my mental health too much. That being said, when everyone else in the house is out and I'm the only one in for 8 hours, it is horrendous. Those living alone must be struggling right now.
    At least you have .net to cheer you up 😂

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

A genuine insight into your provocative posting style IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post

Any HIBS transfer news??

Left by mutual consent!
    Harsh as **** on MW.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Nah. If he/she is reaching out or opening up it’s absolutely brutal to be laughed at. You’re better than that mate 👍

Nice one mate. Very funny. My style has been like this for years. Not changing when I go back, either.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 30-09-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Nah. If he/she is reaching out or opening up it’s absolutely brutal to be laughed at. You’re better than that mate 👍
    He isn't better than that.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 30-09-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Come on now eh