hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scott Allan

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Think Jack Ross said in his pre match interview, that Scott and Jamie Murphy would he his eyes in the stand during the game

2. Log in to remove the advert

Maybe a lesson that when a Hibs player isn't performing there may be real reasons behind it and some faith / patience might be required. He's been one of our best players over the last 6 or 7 years and yet some folk can't wait to stick it into Allan (or lots of other players tbh) whenever he has a few pish games.

First Team Breakthrough GTMRossaK3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe a lesson that when a Hibs player isn't performing there may be real reasons behind it and some faith / patience might be required. He's been one of our best players over the last 6 or 7 years and yet some folk can't wait to stick it into Allan (or lots of other players tbh) whenever he has a few pish games.
    Agree 100%.

At times we supporters forget we are discussing human beings!

I'm 70 next week, a supporter for 65 of those years despite being born near Inverness, and Scott is among the finest, most talented players, I have had the pleasure to see wear a Hibs strip. Have never had the pleasure of meeting him but by all accounts he's a lovely guy.

Take all the time you need to get better Scott - we all look forward to your return on the pitch so we can once again marvel at the entertainment you provide. I'm absolutely certain our great club will look after you and support you for whatever you need to overcome this problem.

Take care and look after yourself - football is secondary to good health.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTMRossaK3 View Post
    Agree 100%.

At times we supporters forget we are discussing human beings!
    You can be critical of players performance without questioning their outside football qualities. I have questioned Scottie's work rate in all his spells. I think he seems like a great lad but that doesn't stop me having an opinion of his on the field performance or wishing him a full recovery and a return to form.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think Jack Ross said in his pre match interview, that Scott and Jamie Murphy would he his eyes in the stand during the game
    Yes he did sounds like a good idea.