hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Scott Allan

JR confirmed he’ll be out for the “near future” with an unknown health issue

Doesn’t sound too promising. Maybe explains us being in the market for another attacking midfielder

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hope he's alright, on his day he's one of my favourite Hibs players ever to watch.

I don't think we need to sign an attacking midfielder though... Mallan, Murphy, Wright can all play #10 and we actually haven't been playing with a formation which suits a #10 anyway.

Far more important areas of the pitch to be addressing ahead of an attacking midfielder, we've had an abundance of them for the last 3/4 years

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good.

Is this something to do with his diabetes? Or something else entirely?

Testimonial Due
    Diabetes well known, and if it was Covid it would be public knowledge. Hopefully he is alright whatever it may be and all is well🤞

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    If it's a health issue then we can only wish him well. Hope this thread doesn't deteriorate into anything other than that.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Obviously curious to know what it is but can only wish him a speedy recovery

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Wish him a speedy recovery. A terrific player when in form and getting the service he needs to roam free and attack. Get well soon Scotty.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    A player that reminds me why I love football when he’s at his best. It’s been pretty obvious he’s not been himself since the start of the season. Speedy recovery Scott.

Hope he gets well soon and back playing in the green & white.

I don't think it's being unkind to say that he hasn't looked as sharp as he can this season. I agree with those who say that on his game he's up there with some of our best ever players so it's not been nice to see him struggle a bit. Getting him to 100% and then building a team around him would be what I'd be expecting any Hibs manager to want to do, and persisting with someone who isn't right isn't going to do much to that end.

It's a position we have cover for and it's an opportunity for someone. We do still need a mobile, energetic midfielder to help link our play up, but this might just be the opportunity Stevie Mallan has been waiting for, in a midfield in addition to the defensive Gogic and that new player.

A fit Scott Allan playing on top of his game gets in any Hibs team though, and we need to wish him all the best in getting back there, whatever it takes for him and the club.

Hope he recovers well. Fantastic player who is a privilege to watch at his best. Time for Stevie Mallan to put the doubters away.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Gutted for him. My favourite player and was looking forward to seeing him on form again.

Obviously hope everything is okay and he's back fighting fit as soon as he can be.

Out of interest where did Jack Ross say this, at his pre match press conference ? It’s not up on YouTube yet.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of interest where did Jack Ross say this, at his pre match press conference ? It’s not up on YouTube yet.
    Quoted by James Delaney on Twitter. Reporter for Edinburgh Live. He must’ve been present at the press conference

That's crap for Scott. He hasn't seemed right on the park this season and isn't a starter now for me. Hope whatever it is is sorted and he's back to his best as we all know how good he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Quoted by James Delaney on Twitter. Reporter for Edinburgh Live. He must’ve been present at the press conference
    Cheers Stuart.

Coaching Staff
    Wish him a speedy recovery

Left by mutual consent!
    Thats very worrying.

You could see there is something not right.

Get well soon scotty

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Might explain his poor form, hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Hopefully makes a full recovery ASAP. The best player in the league outside the OF when he’s at it

Hope he gets himself sorted and is back on the pitch, being the player he can be, as soon as he can.

Hes out for the near future, could be 2 weeks? Wouldn't be signing anyone to cover that.

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    JR confirmed he’ll be out for the “near future” with an unknown health issue

Doesn’t sound too promising. Maybe explains us being in the market for another attacking midfielder

From the beginning, Scotty is a player I have always enjoyed watching, on his game, he is always going to give you something. It now makes clear to me why he hasn't been "On his game" for a wee while now. I really hope he gets well soonest, and we see him back in the not too distant future.. All the best Scotty...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Hopefully something which can be managed. Get well soon Scotty.

Hopefully not a serious issue for him.
    A joy to watch when he's on his game.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hes out for the near future, could be 2 weeks? Wouldn't be signing anyone to cover that.
    It might change any thinking there might have been on punting a deputy though.

@hibs.net private member
    Big call now for Mallan to fill the void, he is certainly capable of it but I also think this is ready made for Newell.

Wish you a full and swift recovery Scott and back in the green and white orchestrating things ASAP.

With Mallan back to full fitness after a long time out Scott can pass the weight to him and take time to get himself right.

In a strange way it will be good if Hibs medical guys have found an issue that has been affecting Scott physically/medically and hopefully now they know what it is they can put it right.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    One of my favourite goals ever was his one in front of the FF against Hearts.

Get well soon SA.