hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Next 5 games

Next 5 games

The next five games are big for us going into the next round of fixtures.

Rangers H
    Celtic A
    Hamilton H
    Ross county A
    Kilmarnock A

We've had a great start and to be honest I'd be happy with 8 points from these 5 games. I think we will have a go at both Celtic and Rangers but I think they are a fair bit ahead of us and will probably beat us. I think we'll beat Hamilton comfortably away then take 4 points from Killie and County.

24 points from the first round of fixtures would be an excellent return and a great platform to build on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Rangers H
    Celtic A
    Hamilton H
    Ross county A
    Kilmarnock A

We've had a great start and to be honest I'd be happy with 8 points from these 5 games. I think we will have a go at both Celtic and Rangers but I think they are a fair bit ahead of us and will probably beat us. I think we'll beat Hamilton comfortably away then take 4 points from Killie and County.

24 points from the first round of fixtures would be an excellent return and a great platform to build on.
    The Killie game will be he second round of fixtures. Have you forgotten that start of the season classic already?! 🤣

To put it into context, we had 9 points after 11 games last season. Jeez.

If we can get two wins from Hamilton and Ross County, 22 after 11 is great form, even better if we can get any bonus results Vs the uglies.

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post

If we can get two wins from Hamilton and Ross County, 22 after 11 is great form, even better if we can get any bonus results Vs the uglies.
    Exactly. Fingers crossed

Lose next 2, win the other 3 I think.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Lose next 2, win the other 3 I think.
    I’d go with that too.

On paper we should get 3 points in Dingwall, but don't we have a really poor record up there?

Edit: just checked, played away to them 11 times - only won 4, drawn 1, lost 6!

This team should have enough to beat them though
    Last edited by 1van Sprou7e; 16-09-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Really tough lot of fixtures coming up.

Think Kilmarnock are a very decent side who with be seething they never got anything from us in the last game.

Not expecting anything against Celtic or rangers but hopefully have enough in us to get 7 points from Hamilton, County and Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post

Winning those two games would be huge, anything from the next two a bonus. Averaging two points per game throughout the season, if we could keep it up, would see us having a very good season. I don’t think that’s out of the question given the quality (or lack of) in the league.

I think we will take a point from the Old Firm and then 6 or 7 points from the other 3 games.

3 wins and a draw in there

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    LC group stage too, which should be pretty fun actually.

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post

Rangers H
    Celtic A
    Hamilton H
    Ross county A
    Kilmarnock A

9 pts will be smashing.

My prediction for the next four games is defeat from The Rangers and Celtc, plus a win against Hamilton and a draw at RC.

That would put us on 20 points from the first round of games and we'll probably be sitting in fourth place.

If we got 7 out of that batch of fixtures I’d personally take that.

If you take the old firm as a free pop these days and lose 7 points out of 9 for the other three would be fantastic. Ultimately our season won’t be defined by playing the uglies, it’s about being consistent and hard to beat against the rest. Put it this way we could draw every game and have 2 points less. Would rather Ross went attacking in the old firm and lost rather than settle for a point and lose 1-0.

7 points will do just fine.

@hibs.net private member
    Rangers H - lose
    Celtic A - lose
    Hamilton H - win
    Ross county A - win
    Kilmarnock A - draw

7pts. Wouldn’t be happy with any less than that.

Rangers aren’t as good as some make out, and even though I think they’ll sneak it at the weekend, we should have a go at them. They are beatable.

Celtic. Clearly the best team still in the league. Anything is a bonus at Parkhead. Again, have a go. Stranger things have happened.

Hamilton and Ross County should be 6 points. No excuses for anything less.

Kilmarnock away we should be winning, but think they might be better than the table suggests at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Rangers H - lose
    Celtic A - lose
    Hamilton H - win
    Ross county A - win
    Kilmarnock A - draw

7pts. Wouldn’t be happy with any less than that.

Rangers aren’t as good as some make out, and even though I think they’ll sneak it at the weekend, we should have a go at them. They are beatable.

Celtic. Clearly the best team still in the league. Anything is a bonus at Parkhead. Again, have a go. Stranger things have happened.

Hamilton and Ross County should be 6 points. No excuses for anything less.

Kilmarnock away we should be winning, but think they might be better than the table suggests at the moment.
    I don’t see why we can’t get something from the next two games. Hard games but we have a chance in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    My prediction for the next four games is defeat from The Rangers and Celtc, plus a win against Hamilton and a draw at RC.

That would put us on 20 points from the first round of games and we'll probably be sitting in fourth place.

Well we're already one point ahead of my prediction.

I honestly didn't see that coming.