hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: STEPHEN McGINN COMPLETES MOVE

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really rated him a couple of years ago. Don't know if he's still got it, but a 31 year old holding mid usually has a couple of years in his legs.

A bit of cover.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Could be a good signing. He was very good against us in the game where St Mirren stayed up in the Championship (I think it was that game anyway). He’ll be back up to Gogic I’d imagine.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I’m happy with this
    Only left St Mirren due to injury, and was their captain last season

Ross rates him, gives us cover, probably very low wages. No. Inside info but can reckon Halberg will be moved on

@hibs.net private member
    Family deal :). Welcome Stephen..and good luck !

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We’ve completed the set!

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Is there a cousin McGinn that’s next ?! Should be a good addition when called upon.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Come home SJM!!!!

This must be a joke

Can’t say im overly happy with this but willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Hes been training with us since we started back up but it’s took us until now to sign him on a 1 year deal? Seems very like we’ve not got who we’ve wanted and this is the back ups back up.

Its not like he was an unknown quantity either and wanted to assess how good he is, he’s been in the league for years and Ross has even managed him.

I imagine he will only ever be used as backup for Gogic however.

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This must be a joke
    Your post is

Cant say I'm happy with this. More wages that could go towards real quality. Whittaker is easily a better player than McGinn IMO. So is Slivka. Strange to release both and sign him.

Hopefully he does well. Will have full support from me.

Mcrorie to mcginn....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Your post is
    Get rid of Slivka/Whittaker and bring in Stephen McGinn, ok then

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Hopefully he has as much to offer as his other brothers.

I'm not going to make the same mistake and write off a McGinn before he's had a chance to show what he can offer us! Paul has made me look a right mug, and gladly so!

Feel Absoloutely rotten saying this, as he's a Mcginn. But He's been training with us for about 3 months. And only just been offered a deal now. Says it all. No one else wants him, jack ross doesn't want to see his pal go without a wage. So he makes a role up for him. We've already got Gray and Mcgregor for 'experience and leadership' off the park. This isn't a retirement home. We miss out on Mccrorie and they hit us with this? Away hibs. It's a regular starter we need. If he's on peanuts and it's just a bit of cover fine. But we need a midfielder that's going to walk into the starting line up and drive us on.

This must be a joke
    How come?

I thought this would happen.

I really hope this isn’t the final midfielder we sign.

He’s been helping out with the coaching side of things, watching the games from the stand whilst sending info down to the dugout. I’d imagine that’s what he’s here for but he also gives us an extra body in the midfield if needed

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    If he is even 75% the player Paul McGinn is/50% the player John McGinn is this is a good signing

In all seriousness, happy with this. Won't be expensive, good experience and has apparently been very useful for tactical use from the stands in recent games. Very low risk signing.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Feel Absoloutely rotten saying this, as he's a Mcginn. But He's been training with us for about 3 months. And only just been offered a deal now. Says it all. No one else wants him, jack ross doesn't want to see his pal go without a wage. So he makes a role up for him. We've already got Gray and Mcgregor for 'experience and leadership' off the park. This isn't a retirement home. We miss out on Mccrorie and they hit us with this? Away hibs. It's a regular starter we need. If he's on peanuts and it's just a bit of cover fine. But we need a midfielder that's going to walk into the starting line up and drive us on.
    I suspect he’s not the McCrorie replacement.

We've got McGinns, the super McGinns. 💚

Get rid of Slivka/Whittaker and bring in Stephen McGinn, ok then
    Probably for a fraction of the cost
    Slivka said he was offered a new contract but turned it down
    Whittaker might get more game time with Dunfermline than he would here. Don't see the problem myself

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    He’s been helping out with the coaching side of things, watching the games from the stand whilst sending info down to the dugout. I’d imagine that’s what he’s here for but he also gives us an extra body in the midfield if needed
    Why can't Gray or Mcgregor do that? I thought that was part of the reason for the 4 year deal.

Agreed.

People really should not be comparing this with Paul Mcginn, this is totally different.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    We are 2nd in the league in the middle of the biggest financial crisis to ever hit the game. Cool your jets. Hibs have given Ross good backing in the current climate yet a few posters are really upset we have missed out on one or two signings to cash-rich Aberdeen. From a level-headed perspective, Hibs have done really well this window so far. This is a low-risk and low-cost signing.

Clever signing from JR, great cover for Gogic and obviously another leader on and off the field. Welcome to Hibs Stephen