hibs.net Messageboard

Disabled facilities at Easter Road.

I've recently lost both legs. Despite this I'm in no way down. In fact I just had my first non hospital or doctor appointment outing in two years. Got myself a nice powerful electric wheelchair and I am looking to get back to Easter Road again after a lengthy absence.

What I need to know is what are the disabled facilities (toilet etc) like at Easter Road. Any information would be great. Do they have disabled access in the Famous Five bar?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I am obviously talking about when fans are allowed back in the stadium.
    Last edited by iwasthere1972; 15-09-2020 at 10:20 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've recently lost both legs. Despite this I'm in no way down. In fact I just had my first non hospital or doctor appointment outing in two years. Got myself a nice powerful electric wheelchair and I am looking to get back to Easter Road again after a lengthy absence.

What I need to know is what are the disabled facilities (toilet etc) like at Easter Road. Any information would be great. Do they have disabled access in the Famous Five bar?

Thanks for your help.

Yes there's a lift to Behind The Goals.

The facilities in the East Stand are very good, there's lots of wheelchair bays although not sure how full they are.

Everything's accessible.

I can't really comment on the West or Famous Five stands although I used to be in the West and it was good too. I think space is more limited over there though.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yes there's a lift to Behind The Goals.

The facilities in the East Stand are very good, there's lots of wheelchair bays although not sure how full they are.

Everything's accessible.

I can't really comment on the West or Famous Five stands although I used to be in the West and it was good too. I think space is more limited over there though.
    You will know better than me, but I think the wheelchair spaces in the east are at the North end of the stand, the same with the west stand. The famous five stand has them low down behind the goals.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    The disabled toilets in the FFL double up as baby changing facilities, they were renewed about 18 months or so ago so are really good.

Loving your positive attitude mate, particularly as it is Hibs related.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

Thanks for your help.

I have no knowledge of the facilities but just wanted to wish you well, you have obviously taken the positives from your situation and that is fantastic. I have a friend who chose amputation after years of constant pain and suffering which really did affect his quality of life. When he told us he had made the decision and his consultant agreed to remove his leg and replace with a prosthetic we were all stunned. The quality of life he has now is fantastic and in fact no one would know just by watching him walk, he returned to his normal job too. I realise your situation is different but still I admire your courage and positivity.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Given that the Singing Section will no longer be in the FF Upper, do we know if there is any plan to return the former disabled bay in the FF Upper to use as a disabled bay? I realise the Club claim the lift had reached the point where it could no longer be used, but they seem to have it in action for Behind the Goals.

I'm more asking from the POV of the lift as my dad used it (he uses a stick) and has struggled up the stairs since (we couldn't get a suitable alternative seat). I never got the logic why the lift could go to Behind the Goals when the NHS thing fell through but couldn't go to the FF Upper.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    You will know better than me, but I think the wheelchair spaces in the east are at the North end of the stand, the same with the west stand. The famous five stand has them low down behind the goals.
    Yes that's correct on both points.

I would personally try and get into the east or west stands as the wheelchair platform is elevated.

As someone else has mentioned, the elevated platform in the Famous Five stand has been out of bounds for the last few years and the only wheelchair area is behind the goals at ground level. I'd personally avoid sitting there if at all possible as the view can't be great.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Given that the Singing Section will no longer be in the FF Upper, do we know if there is any plan to return the former disabled bay in the FF Upper to use as a disabled bay? I realise the Club claim the lift had reached the point where it could no longer be used, but they seem to have it in action for Behind the Goals.

I'm more asking from the POV of the lift as my dad used it (he uses a stick) and has struggled up the stairs since (we couldn't get a suitable alternative seat). I never got the logic why the lift could go to Behind the Goals when the NHS thing fell through but couldn't go to the FF Upper.
    Is it not still the case that the Upper floor is still going to be used as an NHS Flu Vaccine centre due to surgeries being restricted?

get in touch with the disability officer at the stadium. Her number should be in the club directory
    on the main HC site.

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    get in touch with the disability officer at the stadium. Her number should be in the club directory
    on the main HC site.
    It's Ann Brown.

Email - abrown@hibernianfc.co.uk
    Phone - 0131 6567066 or 07519119771

She is part time though.

Thanks for your replies. Appreciated.