hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Grealish

Jack Grealish

Signed a new five year contract does this mean SJMc is more likely to move on? Or will they both stay?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I can’t see McGinn moving any time soon. All the transfer hype seemed to be about getting an improved contract at Villa, and it’s most definitely worked.

As an aside, Villa getting Grealish to sign a new five year deal is an unbelievable piece of business for them. Genuinely thought he would have moved on to a top 4 team.

Means nothing either way. Mcginn was never leaving this summer.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can’t see McGinn moving any time soon. All the transfer hype seemed to be about getting an improved contract at Villa, and it’s most definitely worked.

As an aside, Villa getting Grealish to sign a new five year deal is an unbelievable piece of business for them. Genuinely thought he would have moved on to a top 4 team.

Most likely he he will have a release clause set at some mega money price.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

He’s like Harry Kane though. A genuine fan playing at his boyhood club in the EPL.

Life could be a lot worse.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He’s like Harry Kane though. A genuine fan playing at his boyhood club in the EPL.

I thought Kane was an arsenal fan?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Don't think so. Sure they sing "he's one of our own" at Tottenham games.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Don't think so. Sure they sing "he's one of our own" at Tottenham games.
    Just googled it, think he played for them for a year in the academy but isn’t a fan.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Signed a new five year contract does this mean SJMc is more likely to move on? Or will they both stay?
    Doesn’t surprise me really, I never really saw the big boys wanting him or him wanting to move. And before anyone goes on about his stats, I know all that just never saw him away from Villa.

I watched a lot of Villa games last season due to the SJM connection. Grealish is a fantastic player. Skillful, quick feet, takes players on, holds the ball up well, great range of short and long range passing, full of energy. He's a very talented very exciting player to watch when given the service. Great piece of business by Villa. If SJM doesn't move on I'll keep watching Villa's games when I can. I genuinely expected Grealish to move to Man Utd or one of the other massive clubs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Means nothing either way. Mcginn was never leaving this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Doesn’t surprise me really, I never really saw the big boys wanting him or him wanting to move. And before anyone goes on about his stats, I know all that just never saw him away from Villa.
    totally agree gents.

First Team Breakthrough

Yeah, you could be Harry Cochrane!

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

He had a brief trial at Arsenal’s youth academy (which is based near where Kane grew up) and iirc was even photographed in an Arsenal shirt as a kid. But he is 100% Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post

He’s a very talented lad, seems to have a great attitude, and he’s English so great for any club needing to fulfil their quota of home grown stars.

I have no doubt Grealish would have had offers from other EPL clubs this summer. Maybe even Liverpool

Iv never really seen the big deal with Grealish if I’m being honest. A good player but not one that would be a key player in a top 4 team imo.

Wouldn't he surprised to see Steve Bruce at Newcastle try get McGinn. Was a big fan of him at Villa and obviously signed him from Hibs.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Iv never really seen the big deal with Grealish if I’m being honest. A good player but not one that would be a key player in a top 4 team imo.

Wouldn't he surprised to see Steve Bruce at Newcastle try get McGinn. Was a big fan of him at Villa and obviously signed him from Hibs.
    That is kind of where I am with him. Hugely overrated imo.

I love watching Grealish. The socks at the ankles, plays with a swagger, loves trying things football artist type player.

I'm not sure if he has enough about him to be a star at a top 4 club but if I was a Villa fan he'd be worth the entrance fee alone.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I love watching Grealish. The socks at the ankles, plays with a swagger, loves trying things football artist type player.

I'm not sure if he has enough about him to be a star at a top 4 club but if I was a Villa fan he'd be worth the entrance fee alone.
    Yeah he's a joy to watch, there are always the accusations that he holds on to the ball for too long but I love watching him.

Don't think there was any possibility of SJM moving, needs a really good season under his belt now.

Overrated player in an overrated league

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

The often asked question applies to Grealish; does he stick out at Villa because he's a good player in a mostly average EPL team, or would he be an even better player in a top 4 team with superstars around him?

For me, Grealish is a fantastic talent, although more of an individual than a team player. Not sure he would be allowed the same freedom of role in a top 4 team. He's certainly a joy to watch and it's a cracking piece of business by Villa.

I’d take McGinn over him any day of the week.

Watched a lot of Villa since McGinn went and i think Grealish is top quality. Not as good but plays like Totti. Joy to watch at times

Probably none of it has any influence on John McGinn’s future but if I had to have a guess I think that selling Grealish would make it more likely they would have to keep hold of McGinn. Whether Grealish signing a new contract makes McGinn being sold more likely, I don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Mental. I love John but he's not half the player. Grealish is quality and carries a poor team in the best league in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    That is kind of where I am with him. Hugely overrated imo.

I thought Hibs fans normally appreciate players who actually want to play football rather than play the ugly percentages game?

@hibs.net private member
    I thought Hibs fans normally appreciate players who actually want to play football rather than play the ugly percentages game?
    I can only assume some people have never really seen him play - he’s is a top talent..no doubt ..

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I can only assume some people have never really seen him play - he’s is a top talent..no doubt ..

As always - lack of knowledge doesn’t seem to stop anyone having an opinion these days.

@hibs.net private member
    As always - lack of knowledge doesn’t seem to stop anyone having an opinion these days.
    Ah. We’ve all got an opinion on most things..it’s the fun and the madness of this place ;-).

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Yep. This chat about him not being a team player. He created the most chances last season in the league. He must be doing something for the other players!

He’s a fantastic player and a rare joy to watch.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    He would need to get back to the form he was at the start of last season to get a move