hibs.net Messageboard

A couple of Items - Info required

I've been clearing out some old Hibs stuff lately and was, finally, sorting through some old programmes I have accrued over the years. A couple caught my eye and I was wondering if anyone can give any information on them.

The first is from a game played on Boxing Day 1952 between The "N's" Newcastle United Juniors and a Scottish XI at St James Park. My Grandad was in the Scotland squad and looking through the squad and the one page that makes up the 'programme' it suggests it was a juvenile Select of some sort. Does anyone have any information about that game in particular and who the N's were. Each player for them has another club listed underneath so I assume they were a juvenile select of some sort as well? Google doesn't throw up much.

Second item is a programme from an event in the Usher Hall in May 1995. 'A Gala Concert By the Fans for the Fans. All proceeds to the Hibs 100 Redevelopment Fund'. I have no recollection of being at this event at all. The Proclaimers were on the bill, John Leslie and Grant Stott hosted and a host of other well Kent faces were doing a turn.

I take it this was a fundraiser for the ER redevelopment? Does anyone have any memories of the event?

I have about 4 more holdalls to go through so there could well be more annoying questions to come.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Apparently there is some footage of the event flying about ,a poster on here rcarter1 seems to mention it in an earlier post, he may be able to guide you to it

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been clearing out some old Hibs stuff lately and was, finally, sorting through some old programmes I have accrued over the years. A couple caught my eye and I was wondering if anyone can give any information on them.

The first is from a game played on Boxing Day 1952 between The "N's" Newcastle United Juniors and a Scottish XI at St James Park. My Grandad was in the Scotland squad and looking through the squad and the one page that makes up the 'programme' it suggests it was a juvenile Select of some sort. Does anyone have any information about that game in particular and who the N's were. Each player for them has another club listed underneath so I assume they were a juvenile select of some sort as well? Google doesn't throw up much.

Second item is a programme from an event in the Usher Hall in May 1995. 'A Gala Concert By the Fans for the Fans. All proceeds to the Hibs 100 Redevelopment Fund'. I have no recollection of being at this event at all. The Proclaimers were on the bill, John Leslie and Grant Stott hosted and a host of other well Kent faces were doing a turn.

I take it this was a fundraiser for the ER redevelopment? Does anyone have any memories of the event?

I have about 4 more holdalls to go through so there could well be more annoying questions to come.
    I have a few boxes (large ones) of programmes & vinyl lps, one programme is Pat Stanton testimonial signed by the man himself, once been through them who is the best person to pass them on to if my son doesn't decide to keep them.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I have a few boxes (large ones) of programmes & vinyl lps, one programme is Pat Stanton testimonial signed by the man himself, once been through them who is the best person to pass them on to if my son doesn't decide to keep them.
    The Paddy testimonial programme isn’t scarce and they came with a pre printed signature....
    Anything else in your box? What’s the range of vinyl?

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Don’t know the age of your son, and he may not want them now but may thank you in say 10 years time if you can stick them in the attic for when he is older and may appreciate sentimental & actual value.
    Otherwise if you list more interesting stuff on here I’m sure the good collecting folk of this parish will guide you on rough values and how best to
    realise the values. May well be eBay if you can be bothered.
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08