hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brian Hamilton

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bp cup winning teams had some quality G Donald P Currie C McDonald J Gardiner N Ingram but somehow Lex Millers lads were given full time contracts lol
    Graeme Donald made a very promising start but injury seemed to halt his progress at HIbs. Colin McDonald went on to well elsewhere, particularly at Falkirk.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    There is always a section of supporters prevalent at all club's who really only attend in order to berate officials, wind up opposition fans and most of all abuse their own players.

They have little concept of the sport they are watching and everyone has sat in front or behind them on numerous occasions.

Hamilton fell victim to them but it wasnt particularly deserved as he was a competent player with a good football brain and played very upright with an eye for a pass but mainly just kept it simple and covered the gaps when Pat McGinlay went walkabout.

£260,000 from the tribunal was laughable though.
    He rarely missed a match for Hibs and, in the pre-Bosman days, the fee would have been decided based on wages paid and comparisons with similar players.

It was a great deal for Hibs getting most of their initial outlay back. He only managed 25 League matches before moving on to Falkirk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    There is always a section of supporters prevalent at all club's who really only attend in order to berate officials, wind up opposition fans and most of all abuse their own players.

They have little concept of the sport they are watching and everyone has sat in front or behind them on numerous occasions.

Hamilton fell victim to them but it wasnt particularly deserved as he was a competent player with a good football brain and played very upright with an eye for a pass but mainly just kept it simple and covered the gaps when Pat McGinlay went walkabout.

£260,000 from the tribunal was laughable though.
    I have never understood these supporters.Among the many players being booed in my time as a supporter have been-Eddie Turnbull,John Fraser(usually before he came onto the park when his name was read out replacing Smith or Reilly in the programme),Joe Baker(for not being Lawrie),Pat Stanton(when he started playing as an inside forward-"he'll never make it"),Peter Cormack("hopeless"),Jim Scott,John Baxter.A few reasonable performers in there I think.

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Cards on the table I liked Brian Hamilton. There were times when he strolled through games and made them look easy, he made short simple passes that allowed McGinlay, Jackson and others to drive forward and do the fancy attacking work. Someone has to do the ugly stuff. He was an easy target and probably didn’t score enough goals, but for 2 or 3 years, especially around the time of the Skol Cup win, he was part of a Hibs team that was great to watch and for that I appreciate his efforts. We don’t have that many players who have won cups for us, so I’d like to think we’d maybe cut the guy some slack........

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    I actually met him in Hospitality and we had a joke about it saying his two cousins also played for HIBS

A really nice guy tbh

He is a lovely guy.

Better than he was given credit for

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    He is a lovely guy.

Better than he was given credit for

Always gave 100%

Even when he was gash

Ask any player that played with him they thought he was wonderful

A nicer guy you could not hope to meet