hibs.net Messageboard

Looking for a self catering Accommondation

Hi there

At the moment I'm planning our next Scotland trip.

We, my girlfriend, our toddler and a befriended couple with a dog are looking for a self accommodation lodge/cottage for our holidays in Scotland next year.* Stay would be approximately 1 week.*
    As for the activities we would like to go hiking and watch some of the cultural heritage.
    Ideally would be something not far form the west coast or maybe a Loch.

Maybe someone here knows something he could recommend?
    I'm asking here in this forum because I'm not a big fan of Google Ratings, there you never know if you should believe the good or the bad ones: D

Thank you all in advance

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi there

We, my girlfriend, our toddler and a befriended couple with a dog are looking for a self accommodation lodge/cottage for our holidays in Scotland next year.* Stay would be approximately 1 week.*
    As for the activities we would like to go hiking and watch some of the cultural heritage.

I'm asking here in this forum because I'm not a big fan of Google Ratings, there you never know if you should believe the good or the bad ones: D

Thank you all in advance
    Good luck, be prepared to be ripped off by greedy accomodation owners jumping on the bandwagon that is Brits holidaying in the UK.
    Speaking from repeated, bitter experience.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissbee View Post
    Hi there

Thank you all in advance
    We were across last August and when not staying with family/friends used airbnb as we did a mini-tour of the highlands and Argyll. These are c couple of the places we stayed, though they might be too small for your purposes (we're 2 adults + 2 kids). They were both great, but the Craobh Haven one especially was superb.

I would definitely suggest moving/changing scene at least once during your week - it can give you a bigger choice of things to do if the weather's crap.

Inverness
    https://www.airbnb.fr/rooms/34486551...3-c3c5c5abe0c9

Craobh Haven - between Oban & Lochgilphead
    https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/27487...%2BpGTwwt000Rg

Failing that there's this place (former clients of mine and really good people).

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/arn...mhouse.fr.html
    Last edited by Peevemor; 08-09-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Good luck, be prepared to be ripped off by greedy accomodation owners jumping on the bandwagon that is Brits holidaying in the UK.
    Speaking from repeated, bitter experience.
    The house in the NW we have booking in October has gone from 1k per week to £1350 next year.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    The house in the NW we have booking in October has gone from 1k per week to £1350 next year.
    Tell me about it! I've been trapped in the UK since February. Homeless here and having to find Airbnb or booking.com etc rooms or apartments. What's going on just now with holiday rents is a disgrace. Any Airbnb owners out there pushing up rent to take advantage of this situation. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Still some European destinations very affordable but my job and quarantine regulations make that difficult. Sorry to hijack your thread OP but this is affecting me and many others just now. Stay in Europe for now is my advice.