hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: 2020 US Open

  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    5,198
    It's a certainty that the line judge will sue him and the USTA over this. It is America after all


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,561
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Underneath all that 'spiritual' guff he's a nasty, arrogant tosser. Always has been.
    Couldn't agree more. The guy is a total walloper.

  4. #63
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    41,396
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree.. Iím not sure where or why there seems to be a hate fest against him.. Iíve always found him gracious and dignified in his interviews.. maybe Iíve missed something..
    I'm personally not his greatest fan but I think last night's incident was very unfortunate.

    I've now seen the incident from a few games earlier in the match and the way he smacked that ball had the potential to cause far more damage than the one that struck the line judge, he was just lucky that one hit the advertising board.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  5. #64
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,400
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible way for a champion to react imo. Not had a great year to be honest with his summer tournaments when he and others caught Covid.
    He won the Australian. By anyone else's standards that's a good year.

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vilify?

    I trust you're not including me there. I merely wondered out loud that her reaction might have been a bit ... em ... contrived. Just a thought.
    Shall we look up the dictionary?

    "speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner."

    You said:

    "
    Bit of a Rivaldo-like reaction from the lino - no?"

    I'm assuming you are referring to the time when Rivaldo took a horrendous dive after being struck by a football in the leg? So what part of that wasn't disparaging?

    The woman took a tennis ball in the throat at approximately 34.4mph
    , your reaction probably says more about you than it does her.

    Anyway, I'm done here. Once again, in an argument about tennis I seem to be ploughing a lone furrow. WHAT IS IT ABOUT TENNIS???

  7. #66
    Coaching Staff Tomsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington 125
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shall we look up the dictionary?

    "speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner."

    You said:

    "
    Bit of a Rivaldo-like reaction from the lino - no?"

    I'm assuming you are referring to the time when Rivaldo took a horrendous dive after being struck by a football in the leg? So what part of that wasn't disparaging?

    The woman took a tennis ball in the throat at approximately 34.4mph
    , your reaction probably says more about you than it does her.

    Anyway, I'm done here. Once again, in an argument about tennis I seem to be ploughing a lone furrow. WHAT IS IT ABOUT TENNIS???

    Seriously! What the **** are you on about?

    Go and shove your dictionary up your hole.

  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,550
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree.. Iím not sure where or why there seems to be a hate fest against him.. Iíve always found him gracious and dignified in his interviews.. maybe Iíve missed something..
    Hate fest probably a bit strong but the Adria Tour debacle didn't do him any favours.

  9. #68
    @hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously! What the **** are you on about?

    Go and shove your dictionary up your hole.
    Charming!

    Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

  10. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm personally not his greatest fan but I think last night's incident was very unfortunate.

    I've now seen the incident from a few games earlier in the match and the way he smacked that ball had the potential to cause far more damage than the one that struck the line judge, he was just lucky that one hit the advertising board.
    The fact that all you could hear him saying when he knew he was getting disqualified was 'She's fine...she's fine' summed him up. Totally missing the point.

  11. #70
    resident moaning git DaveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    30,501
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that all you could hear him saying when he knew he was getting disqualified was 'She's fine...she's fine' summed him up. Totally missing the point.
    I think any of the top players would have probably done the same. They don't get to where they are without being so focused that everything on the periphery does not matter.

    I think Lewis Hamilton is a bit of a twat but I'm sure he uses whatever influence he and his team can bring if and when they need it.

    Just one of those things.

  12. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree.. I’m not sure where or why there seems to be a hate fest against him.. I’ve always found him gracious and dignified in his interviews.. maybe I’ve missed something..
    Those who have watched him fairly regularly throughout his career will know that his 'dignified' persona comes across as very contrived. However, it's his gamesmanship on court which really turns a lot of tennis fans off. He's notorious for the number of times he calls for the trainer to tend to a hitherto imperceptible 'injury' when a match looks to be on the brink of slipping away from him, thus halting his opponent's momentum. Sure, he's just using every trick in the book to win but it's distasteful nevertheless.

    As a young player he was also notorious for simply giving up when losing, again claiming injury. He came across very much as a spoiled brat. Then of course, we had his miracle transformation from a guy who couldn't finish a match into this rubber-limbed multi-slam winning machine. All down to a gluten-free diet and sleeping in a 'hyperbaric chamber' apparently....

    Oh, and I think I'll pass on his claim that positive emotions can purify polluted water:

    https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/nov...29/story.shtml

  13. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those who have watched him fairly regularly throughout his career will know that his 'dignified' persona comes across as very contrived. However, it's his gamesmanship on court which really turns a lot of tennis fans off. He's notorious for the number of times he calls for the trainer to tend to a hitherto imperceptible 'injury' when a match looks to be on the brink of slipping away from him, thus halting his opponent's momentum. Sure, he's just using every trick in the book to win but it's distasteful nevertheless.

    As a young player he was also notorious for simply giving up when losing, again claiming injury. He came across very much as a spoiled brat. Then of course, we had his miracle transformation from a guy who couldn't finish a match into this rubber-limbed multi-slam winning machine. All down to a gluten-free diet and sleeping in a 'hyperbaric chamber' apparently....

    Oh, and I think I'll pass on his claim that positive emotions can purify polluted water:

    https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/nov...29/story.shtml
    Fair points.. I remember him doing it to Murray in a Aussie open final.. fair pissed me off at the time.

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    30,741
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those who have watched him fairly regularly throughout his career will know that his 'dignified' persona comes across as very contrived. However, it's his gamesmanship on court which really turns a lot of tennis fans off. He's notorious for the number of times he calls for the trainer to tend to a hitherto imperceptible 'injury' when a match looks to be on the brink of slipping away from him, thus halting his opponent's momentum. Sure, he's just using every trick in the book to win but it's distasteful nevertheless.

    As a young player he was also notorious for simply giving up when losing, again claiming injury. He came across very much as a spoiled brat. Then of course, we had his miracle transformation from a guy who couldn't finish a match into this rubber-limbed multi-slam winning machine. All down to a gluten-free diet and sleeping in a 'hyperbaric chamber' apparently....

    Oh, and I think I'll pass on his claim that positive emotions can purify polluted water:

    https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/nov...29/story.shtml
    Wow his views on the water really are off the scale. Very dangerous for celebrities in this social media age to pontificate their half baked myths to millions. Wonder what he thinks about five g masts and Covid.

  15. #74
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,774
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those who have watched him fairly regularly throughout his career will know that his 'dignified' persona comes across as very contrived. However, it's his gamesmanship on court which really turns a lot of tennis fans off. He's notorious for the number of times he calls for the trainer to tend to a hitherto imperceptible 'injury' when a match looks to be on the brink of slipping away from him, thus halting his opponent's momentum. Sure, he's just using every trick in the book to win but it's distasteful nevertheless.

    As a young player he was also notorious for simply giving up when losing, again claiming injury. He came across very much as a spoiled brat. Then of course, we had his miracle transformation from a guy who couldn't finish a match into this rubber-limbed multi-slam winning machine. All down to a gluten-free diet and sleeping in a 'hyperbaric chamber' apparently....

    Oh, and I think I'll pass on his claim that positive emotions can purify polluted water:

    https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/nov...29/story.shtml


    totally agree, the man is not a good sport and I firmly believe he's been at it with his transformation from guy who couldn't last 5 sets to super human tennis machine

    Interestly, around the time of Sharapova being banned for dodgy dealings, his form took a nosedive, and these was some quiet speculation that he'd been involved with similar practices, and had stepped these down, which was why his performances had dipped (all alledgedly)

  16. #75
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    12,400

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)