hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Le Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cavendish does it again, what an incredible comeback from a guy who wasn't even supposed to be at Le Tour this year and almost quit the sport last year.
    I wonder who will play him in the film?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    What a story, fancy him to do it. Record breaker on the champs elysees?

Think he will do it if he can stay within the cut off time limits. Tomorrow’s stage looks like a nightmare for the sprinters🤣
    I think the stars have aligned for Cav
    The sprinters who were seriously injured last year in the Tour of Poland would have been favourites to beat Cav, but you can only beat who is in front of you.
    History beckons !

This could be the record equaller! 25km to go into Carcassonne, heading for a sprint.

He's done it! 34!

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Cavendish has now tied the Stage Wins record of Eddy Merckx.

What an achievement!

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    When Cav picked up stages in Turkey earlier in the year I was optimistic that he might get another crack at the tour, but I never dreamed he’d equal Merckx’s record. It’s an incredible achievement, and so well deserved after what he’s gone through to come back from illness. Dare we dream of a record breaking win on the Champs Elysees?

Today's stage going to be won by the breakaway, so it will come down to Sunday. A chance for the record on the Champs Elysées. Epic!

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today's stage going to be won by the breakaway, so it will come down to Sunday. A chance for the record on the Champs Elysées. Epic!
    That would be a fairy-tale ending. I'm on Matthews for the green jersey but EW and I won't be upset if Cav wins the final stage even if it does mean I only get my place money on Matthews. Renshaw leading out Cav off the final turn on the Champs Elysees with Cavendish exploding into his sprint like a super-charged booster rocket is one of my abiding Tour images. If he pulls it off again and takes the record I wonder if he might retire and go out at the top.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Really looking forward to this tomorrow. Love the tour and the final day has become a bit of thing in chez Lancs Harp, with a bottle of Champagne in the fridge. Be magic if Cav breaks Merckx's, who is a true tour legend. Go Cav.