hibs.net Messageboard

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2340

Thread: Neil Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but why is the ball getting past the first man - Lewy!!
    It get's past the first man because of how the Hibs back line including Lewy is set up to defend the set piece. Then the uber quality ball and timing of the run do the rest.
    After the event knowing the ball goes to Naismith you would have Lewy drop his starting position a yard or position himself goalside of Naismith to prevent his run. Those two changes prevent the goal happening in the way it did but would have created other issues which could also result in a goal.
    Best thing is not to give away cheap free kicks in difficult to defend positions. Similar happened in SDG's only cameo of the season when he needlessly gave a free kick to Celtic from which they equalised late in the game. No free kick, no goal in both cases. an essential part of game management.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 11-03-2021 at 12:02 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Ex-Hibs goalkeeper on 'absolutely tonto' Neil Lennon at Tynecastle after costly defeat

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...defeat-3161852
    I don’t know how others feel about this but for me this is exactly the type of passion I expect after a derby defeat.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    I don’t know how others feel about this but for me this is exactly the type of passion I expect after a derby defeat.
    I personally expect us to play a winning team and get a result in the first place.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I personally expect us to play a winning team and get a result in the first place.
    Easy peasy eh?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Easy peasy eh?
    That's what we pay managers for - getting a result (like Ross and Heckingbottom both did at Tynie) rather than trying to show the world how clever you are, ballsing it up and then taking it out on the players afterwards.

I really don't know why so many on here are looking at that interview and going "aye, that's what I want again" when it doesn't need to be repeated that we lost that game. We should have been second in the league and through trying to be clever we ended up fourth.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    That's what we pay managers for - getting a result (like Ross and Heckingbottom both did at Tynie) rather than trying to show the world how clever you are, ballsing it up and then taking it out on the players afterwards.

I really don't know why so many on here are looking at that interview and going "aye, that's what I want again" when it doesn't need to be repeated that we lost that game. We should have been second in the league and through trying to be clever we ended up fourth.
    Yep important to remember how things went after that game at tynie. Start of the end for Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Yep important to remember how things went after that game at tynie. Start of the end for Lennon
    Two of his "famous" celebrations - going "waaaay" at Hearts fans and the "aeroplane" came from games we didn't win as well.

I don't want managers who are passionate about drawing games. I want a manager who will work as hard as possible to set us up right for each game and although Ross isn't perfect with that, I have more confidence in him to be consistent with a winning team.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Lennon made a total **** of it that night at Tiny. He should have taken a look at himself after his team selection and tactics.

Equally, the game v the Hun. Absolutely ridic we then went on to concede five goals. We should have stifled the game at 3-0 up, instead hit on the break twice whilst looking for more goals.

Nowt against the guy per se, but I really hope he joins Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Lennon made a total **** of it that night at Tiny. He should have taken a look at himself after his team selection and tactics.

Equally, the game v the Hun. Absolutely ridic we then went on to concede five goals. We should have stifled the game at 3-0 up, instead hit on the break twice whilst looking for more goals.

A lot of people correlating "passion" with "screaming at all and sundry and not taking responsibility for your own mistakes" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Lennon isn't the brightest. Lewy's fault for both goals that night. Had the chance to clear it before Lafferty scored and then didn't pick up Naismith who scored a header! Woeful stuff from Lewy that night.
    Lewis won the penalty. It was a poor team performance as well. McGinn never touched it. Lennon changed a winning team for no reason.

Last bit isn’t quite accurate. Even beating Hearts and Rangers, we still wouldn’t have finished second.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Last bit isn’t quite accurate. Even beating Hearts and Rangers, we still wouldn’t have finished second.
    We played Aberdeen in the game before the two of those and drew 0-0.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Yip, did we not miss a penalty too?

Aye and we didn’t win because we missed a penalty. Nothing clever was attempted in that game.

Who missed that penalty, Boyle or MaClaren?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Who missed that penalty, Boyle or MaClaren?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    MacLaren. And he missed another sitter.

For the penalty, Joe Lewis was about standing on the penalty spot when he hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Going mental after a derby defeat didn’t do us much good at Tynecastle under Lennon. Levein had his number there and Lennon seemed to want to beat him at his own industrious grinding brand of football, playing into Leveins hands every time.

Heckingbottom and Ross both subsequently won at Tynecastle. I think Lennon was the problem whenever we went there not the players.

lennon, IMO, was always slightly distracted against hearts and rangers due to his history with their fans, and at times seemed to be focused on getting one up on the fans rather than the game.

I don’t believe he’d have done the aeroplane if that had been a 5 all draw with Aberdeen, or Motherwell, and certainly not Celtic. It’s embarrassing that he did it at all.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Saw somebody on Twitter, can’t remember who, saying he is expected to get the Sheffield United job.

The person tweeting it appears to be a journalist, not sure if it’s a real journalist or one of those pretend ones though.

On another note, Wilder would be a good choice for Celtic I think.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

easy to say now. At the time I and everyone else was roaring the team forward thinking the incredible six goal swing or whatever it was that was required was on.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Saw somebody on Twitter, can’t remember who, saying he is expected to get the Sheffield United job.

The person tweeting it appears to be a journalist, not sure if it’s a real journalist or one of those pretend ones though.

I doubt it, i was reliably informed on here he will never get a decent sized club ever again.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I doubt it, i was reliably informed on here he will never get a decent sized club ever again.
    You seem to have become quite bitter about people talking pish on here. It used to be you as well you know 😉

You seem to have become quite bitter about people talking pish on here. It used to be you as well you know ��
    I still do.

I'll collect my Hearts season ticket in the scud if he gets the Sheffield United job

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'll collect my Hearts season ticket in the scud if he gets the Sheffield United job
    Please please please let him get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    easy to say now. At the time I and everyone else was roaring the team forward thinking the incredible six goal swing or whatever it was that was required was on.
    Incredible atmosphere, thought we were gonna do it. Wasn't to be, but a game that will stick in the mind for a long time.

That game summed up Neil Lennons tenure at Hibs. Loads of potential and high hopes, some great play until blowing it when it really mattered and ultimately ending in disappointment.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    That game summed up Neil Lennons tenure at Hibs. Loads of potential and high hopes, some great play until blowing it when it really mattered and ultimately ending in disappointment.
    Disappointed what do you mean we got a draw from 2 goals down.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Not for me. i left that game buzzing. An incredible afternoons entertainment in the sunshine after a very good season.

there was disappointment after the Tynecastle game a few days earlier certainly.

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar

Exactly, I think everyone there thought Rangers were there for the taking. I for one was wanting us to keep at them! It wasn't to be but a great game and one that I am sure will live long in the memory of every Hibs fan.