hibs.net Messageboard

Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2340

Thread: Neil Lennon

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Ex-Hibs goalkeeper on 'absolutely tonto' Neil Lennon at Tynecastle after costly defeat

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...defeat-3161852

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ex-Hibs goalkeeper on 'absolutely tonto' Neil Lennon at Tynecastle after costly defeat

Read that and thought ‘when did cammy bell sign for Hibs’ - genuinely have no recollection of him at Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lennon isn't the brightest. Lewy's fault for both goals that night. Had the chance to clear it before Lafferty scored and then didn't pick up Naismith who scored a header! Woeful stuff from Lewy that night.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Read that and thought ‘when did cammy bell sign for Hibs’ - genuinely have no recollection of him at Hibs.
    He came on for Hibs in a 1-1 draw away to St Johnstone when Rocky got sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Lennon isn't the brightest. Lewy's fault for both goals that night. Had the chance to clear it before Lafferty scored and then didn't pick up Naismith who scored a header! Woeful stuff from Lewy that night.
    The man who chose to change a winning team, drop Jamie McLaren and change the tactics might have to shoulder some blame there too. I hope Lennon gave him both barrels.
    Last edited by Smartie; 11-03-2021 at 08:40 AM.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    While going 'tonto' at the players doesn't always work, I think we could do with a bit of that passion now to make sure we finish third.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    While going 'tonto' at the players doesn't always work, I think we could do with a bit of that passion now to make sure we finish third.
    How do you know it’s not happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    How do you know it’s not happening?
    I'm not saying it's not happening behind the scenes, but there's been little passion on display on the touchline or the pitch during the last 2 performances. We desperately need to sort that out on Saturday and burst a gut to get a win.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I'm not saying it's not happening behind the scenes, but there's been little passion on display on the touchline or the pitch during the last 2 performances. We desperately need to sort that out on Saturday and burst a gut to get a win.
    In your opinion. I’d rather any ranting and raving was saved for behind closed doors and kept to a minimum.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    In your opinion. I’d rather any ranting and raving was saved for behind closed doors and kept to a minimum.
    Me too. This is just another limp stick to attempt to beat JR with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Agreed.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Enthusiasm and passion on the touchline doesn’t have to equate to ranting and raving though.

Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Bielsa, Mourinho and Simeone are all very animated on the touchline. The only successful manager I can think of that isn’t is Brendan Rodgers.

If we finish 3rd then who cares, we are in a great position to do so, it’s not that big a deal. I do know what the poster you’re replying to means though. I think when we’re playing poorly it would be good to see a bit emotion and a reaction at times. We’ve got a terrible record when it comes to coming back from a losing position, maybe it is something Ross needs to reflect on, how well is he influencing games that aren’t going our way? Energy and enthusiasm is infectious imo.

Not heard that term for ages!
    Is it out of fashion cos those who watched the Lone Ranger are aging? Or maybe we are not allowed to say it these PC days cos it depicts all Native Americans as uncontrollably crazy.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

good. The players shat themselves that night. The first goal handed to lafferty was an absolute embarrassment, and the second after we’d fought our way back into it wasn’t much better.
    Last edited by Pagan Hibernia; 11-03-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    good. The players shat themselves that night. The first goal handed to lafferty was an absolute embarrassment, and the second after we’d caught our way back into it wasn’t much better.
    Lennon thought he was being a smart arse and changed a winning team for sod all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    JR has done well this season and he and the players deserve great credit for getting us into prime position to finish 3rd in the league. Not disputing that one bit.

However, JR himself described the 2nd half performance in the Semi v St J as meek. He was right as the players threw in the towel that day after losing a goal which was unacceptable. The home defeats to Ross County, Livingston, Motherwell and last week's performance v St J were also meek.

Sometimes things go against you in games and you lose the first goal. Having the passion and never say die attitude in adversity is something we need to see more of if we want to secure 3rd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Not heard that term for ages!
    Is it out of fashion cos those who watched the Lone Ranger are aging? Or maybe we are not allowed to say it these PC days cos it depicts all Native Americans as uncontrollably crazy.

Aw come on! You'd have to be a total Pocahontas to find that offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Aw come on! You'd have to be a total Pocahontas to find that offensive.
    How

How

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Lennon thought he was being a smart arse and changed a winning team for sod all.
    maybe. but irrelevant when it comes to the goals that lost us the game.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    How
    Just ... gonnae no'.

(Oops! Wrong reference.)

Left by mutual consent!
    good. The players shat themselves that night. The first goal handed to lafferty was an absolute embarrassment, and the second after we’d fought our way back into it wasn’t much better.
    https://youtu.be/qw2-Yw_58oQ

Lewy was very poor for both goals.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Enthusiasm and passion on the touchline doesn’t have to equate to ranting and raving though.

Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Bielsa, Mourinho and Simeone are all very animated on the touchline. The only successful manager I can think of that isn’t is Brendan Rodgers.

If we finish 3rd then who cares, we are in a great position to do so, it’s not that big a deal. I do know what the poster you’re replying to means though. I think when we’re playing poorly it would be good to see a bit emotion and a reaction at times. We’ve got a terrible record when it comes to coming back from a losing position, maybe it is something Ross needs to reflect on, how well is he influencing games that aren’t going our way? Energy and enthusiasm is infectious imo.
    Yeh I get what you’re saying and mostly agree but the post I replied to was essentially comparing Lennon to JR. In Lennon’s case it mostly was ranting and raving. I know who’s touchline style I prefer.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Did you know that the players didn't receive a team talk that night prior to the match?

They stayed at the Marine in North Berwick on the night before and not once did he brief the team, very poor from him.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Yeh I get what you’re saying and mostly agree but the post I replied to was essentially comparing Lennon to JR. In Lennon’s case it mostly was ranting and raving. I know who’s touchline style I prefer.
    I knew Lennon's time with us was up when we lost 1-0 at Fir Park in a midweek game.

He virtually fell asleep leaning on the dug out that night, opposite to his normal behaviour.

Lennon only knows why he changed a winning team that night at Tynie but I'm glad that for once we read about a Hibs manager going radio rental at the team following a derby defeat.

The "It's just another three points" mentality of various managers saw us on the wrong end of one derby humping to another over many a year.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    It’s not as if it worked before so why would it now?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    A wee bit of balance to that.
    I agree with Lewy being at fault for the 1st goal.
    He then won the penalty for the Hibs goal.
    For the winning Hearts goal lots of Hearts attackers seemed to steal the march on the Hibs defenders from the set piece. The Hearts runs were well timed and the ball in perfect. However, it wouldn't have happened if the free kick hadn't been given away in that dangerous position. I can't remember how that came about. Can anyone recall it?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Lennon only knows why he changed a winning team that night at Tynie but I'm glad that for once we read about a Hibs manager going radio rental at the team following a derby defeat.

The "It's just another three points" mentality of various managers saw us on the wrong end of one derby humping to another over many a year.
    Going mental after a derby defeat didn’t do us much good at Tynecastle under Lennon. Levein had his number there and Lennon seemed to want to beat him at his own industrious grinding brand of football, playing into Leveins hands every time.

Heckingbottom and Ross both subsequently won at Tynecastle. I think Lennon was the problem whenever we went there not the players.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    A wee bit of balance to that.
    I agree with Lewy being at fault for the 1st goal.
    He then won the penalty for the Hibs goal.
    For the winning Hearts goal lots of Hearts attackers seemed to steal the march on the Hibs defenders from the set piece. The Hearts runs were well timed and the ball in perfect. However, it wouldn't have happened if the free kick hadn't been given away in that dangerous position. I can't remember how that came about. Can anyone recall it?
    Yes, but why is the ball getting past the first man - Lewy!!