hibs.net Messageboard

Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2340

Thread: Neil Lennon

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think other than delusion and money its why he's hanging in there, this is clearly his last high profile management gig.
    He's also got to keep paying CSA payments...so cant quit 🤣😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    he's already planning for the summer

Neil Lennon on his Celtic summer rebuild plans as he lays blame for poor season partly at door of wantaway stars | HeraldScotland

“We are hoping to have a couple of signings done within the next couple of days,” he said.
    “I think we are close to one or two so there is no question that work is ongoing and then again it will be prominent in the summer when we are looking to bring players in.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I actually find him a really good pundit. He was on 5 Live a lot before he joined us and was very good at the Euros just before he came to ER. I think he’s very engaging and far more suited to punditry than management.
    He’ll be done with management after this. The meltdown at Celtic is superb viewing.

@hibs.net private member
    Sounds all too familiar really🤔
    Last edited by hibee-boys; 31-01-2021 at 06:52 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Would anybody swap him for Ross? Asking for an American friend.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Would anybody swap him for Ross? Asking for an American friend.
    ...eh?

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Once again he fails when really tested. The born winner stuff is really starting to fade.

And of course its all the players fault. He leaves two expensive strikers on the bench and puts Christie up front but takes none of the blame. Its like Tynecastle all over again.
    Said it when he sneaked off the the smellies, he would not deliver 10 in a row, winner ma hole, hes now in the middle of a Lenny meltdown, and blaming the team now, all sounds familiar, get it up ye!!!!

I think it's important that Lennon underlines his authority at Celtc, especially with Lawwell leaving, and what clearer way for him to do that than by releasing the player he removed at half time - Griffiths?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I thought he would finally have been sacked last night, but no. It's bizarre.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I thought he would finally have been sacked last night, but no. It's bizarre.
    I think celtic have thrown in the towel and are just letting Lennon get on with it to, at the very least get the team playing and secure european competition for next year. Once thats been achieved then they will do their inevitable mass clear out and rebuild for the summer

Maybe, or he might get a new 3 year contract as Lawels final parting shot 😆

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    They’re not going to change manager until the new chief exec starts unless they just let Strachan or whoever act as caretaker to the end of the season.

Prob best for all concerned, Lennon can’t be enjoying it much but he’d be mad to walk out on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    They’re not going to change manager until the new chief exec starts unless they just let Strachan or whoever act as caretaker to the end of the season.

Prob best for all concerned, Lennon can’t be enjoying it much but he’d be mad to walk out on his contract.
    Which isn’t until the 30th June as it stands. I’d imagine European qualification will be some time in July. A matter of weeks to implement a structure, appoint people into the roles, get rid of players and hire new players, and get them ready for their qualifiers. Would be madness and just about handing Rangers the league again if they left it that late (providing Rangers are anywhere near as consistent as this season).

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If they had someone in mind now, they’d make their move.

I’d imagine there will be more managers to choose from once seasons around Europe end though?

Would also expect the the new CEO to have a big say in it but it might of course just be down to Desmond.

Be interesting to see who they get.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Confirmed
    I’m still checking news outlets for confirmation, mate? Can you clarify?

Your laughing emojis in your post after indicate you might have just been at the wind-up which is worrying for a grown man. Cheers.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

First Team Breakthrough
    Lennons post match interview on Sportscene last night made interesting watching.He looked like a rabbit in the headlights.Kenny McIntyre was doing his usual nippy questioning eg “do you think the players have completely let you down”.Lennon couldn’t be bothered defending them and agreed to that and other questions which in the past the steam would have been coming out his ears.We live in interesting times as far as Celtic are concerned.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Lennons post match interview on Sportscene last night made interesting watching.He looked like a rabbit in the headlights.Kenny McIntyre was doing his usual nippy questioning eg “do you think the players have completely let you down”.Lennon couldn’t be bothered defending them and agreed to that and other questions which in the past the steam would have been coming out his ears.We live in interesting times as far as Celtic are concerned.
    It would appear he knows who is to blame for the collapse and is finding it harder and harder to shift blame under questioning.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    ...eh?
    Like a bit of tangential thinking myself.

I know that jokes are poor if they need it be explained but surely you can figure out who the American is supposed to be?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Two home games with Aberdeen coming up. Please sack him now.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Happy? That’s me. 😂😘
    You should really leave humour to the folk on here who are actually funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I’m still checking news outlets for confirmation, mate? Can you clarify?

Your laughing emojis in your post after indicate you might have just been at the wind-up which is worrying for a grown man. Cheers.
    having a bit of fun isnt' worrying at all. Not like he offended anyone.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post

I know that jokes are poor if they need it be explained but surely you can figure out who the American is supposed to be?
    Wow gee thanks. It’s a joke is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post

I thought he was Peruvian? 😉

Considering I read this post, took it as face value and then text my mates in the group chat, I should really have checked to see who posted it before I jumped the gun.

Can’t see confirmation anywhere and you’ve got previous for trying too hard to be ITK. Gonnae just leave the scoops to people who actually know their sh*t?
    Bit ironic considering you've just done exactly what you're slating the poster for doing 😂 Read online that Lennon had been sacked, jumped the gun and took it as face value and then redistributed that information to others?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Bit ironic considering you've just done exactly what you're slating the poster for doing 😂 Read online that Lennon had been sacked, jumped the gun and took it as face value and then redistributed that information to others?
    When someone says “confirmed” you’d expect it to be actually confirmed rather than that poster trying to show he knows stuff in an attempt to look cool. He’s got previous. A helluva lot of previous. Don’t know why he bothers to be honest as folk take him less seriously than me on here and I’ve never made a sensible post in my life.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

When someone says “confirmed” you’d expect it to be actually confirmed rather than that poster trying to show he knows stuff in an attempt to look cool. He’s got previous. A helluva lot of previous. Don’t know why he bothers to be honest as folk take him less seriously than me on here and I’ve never made a sensible post in my life.
    Aye but you know a lot about Tony Drago
    Last edited by LongJohnBanger; 31-01-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongJohnBanger View Post
    You know a lot about Tony Drago
    Knowledge like that will get me anywhere in life.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongJohnBanger View Post
    Aye but you know a lot about Tony Drago
    He could run faster round a snooker table than Ivan Sproule.

The day I’m concerned about how people “take me” on a football forum is the day I’ll come off for good. I couldn’t give a flying **** about ITK or any other nonsense on here. I’m really sorry it messed up your very serious WhatsApp group. I’d maybe look elsewhere for information. 👍👍

The day I’m concerned about how people “take me” on a football forum is the day I’ll come off for good. I couldn’t give a flying **** about ITK or any other nonsense on here. I’m really sorry it messed up your very serious WhatsApp group. I’d maybe look elsewhere for information. 👍👍
    That’s a fair point and I’m glad it doesn’t affect you. One more question however; why do you post in a matter of fact way of speaking as if to give off the impression you’re connected when in reality, as has been proved countless times, you are wrong?

I know you hang around East Mains a lot but I’m concerned you are being fed duff information. Britt Assombalonga coming to Hibs being one such incident.

That’s a fair point and I’m glad it doesn’t affect you. One more question however; why do you post in a matter of fact way of speaking as if to give off the impression you’re connected when in reality, as has been proved countless times, you are wrong?

I know you hang around East Mains a lot but I’m concerned you are being fed duff information. Britt Assombalonga coming to Hibs being one such incident.
    PM me if you want. 👍