hibs.net Messageboard

Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2340

Thread: Neil Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still disappointed we didn't ban the Daily Record for the "every single Rangers player" headline after the 2016 final. Still irritates me years later.
    If we didn’t do it then, we never will.

FWIW I like that Hibs rise above it. Bans are petty, small-minded, ridiculous and almost always undeserved when viewed from a neutral perspective.

You need broad shoulders, be able to take criticism and when the daft stuff comes along win the argument by stating your own side of the situation coherently rather than punishing the other party.

No coincidence that Rangers and Celtic have the biggest issue with that, the thin-skinned Trumpy weirdos that they are.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Yep, was very soft. The only issue I had during LD’s otherwise fantastic tenure.
    You have to rise above that. Journalists are have the right to report what they believe to be true sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. After all today's newspaper tomorrow's bog paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    We could analyse some of the stuff that Lennon actually said, but I see it as more of a meltdown than a reasoned argument.

He did something similar with Hibs in 2018, when we failed to beat Hearts near the end of the season, and I always felt that was the beginning of the end of his time at Hibs. Things mostly just got quite weird after that.

I honestly don't think this is a calculated attempt to get the season made Null and Void, or to get a big payoff, it's just part of his usual behaviour* when things aren't going well.

* I'm not being judgmental, I'd probably behave a lot worse ;-)
    I agree, and I actually feel sorry for him in a way.

He's come across as angry, bitter and arrogant and has made a royal fool of himself. But he's on the cusp of losing his job and p!ssing on his legacy. Celtic fans protesting outside the ground. Cant arrest the decline. Signings havent worked. Lesser qualified people are paid good money to have a pop at him. Yes, this is what he singed up to, but he's not in the best mental state to properly assess his situation and he's just becoming entrenched.

I'm not saying this is ok, but as a fellow sufferer of depression and receiver of pressure/ grief in the workplace, I can understand why Lennon is angry/ frustrated and responding the way he is.

He'll regret this after some reflection.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    You have to rise above that. Journalists are have the right to report what they believe to be true sometimes it is sometimes it isn't. After all today's newspaper tomorrow's bog paper.
    They should also retract when they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    They should also retract when they're wrong.
    Agree. Usually you find the retractions below the classified adds in very small print.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Agree. Usually you find the retractions below the classified adds in very small print.
    Which we shouldn't accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Which we shouldn't accept.
    Agree, a law should be introduced that all retractions must be on page one in large print the same as the prominence given to original story. In the case of football stories it needs to put on the back page as well as most of us start reading newspapers back page first.

Those journalists made no effort to report the truth and they don't have a right to publish inaccuracies.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    What about when they report what they believe to be true, evidence arises to the contrary and they're proven to be wrong but they don't issue corrections/retractions? Especially when the headline is something so damaging.

Every Rangers player on pitch was attacked or spat on by Hibs fans during Hampden riot - Daily Record

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post

He's come across as angry, bitter and arrogant and has made a royal fool of himself. But he's on the cusp of losing his job and p!ssing on his legacy. Celtic fans protesting outside the ground. Cant arrest the decline. Signings havent worked. Lesser qualified people are paid good money to have a pop at him. Yes, this is what he singed up to, but he's not in the best mental state to properly assess his situation and he's just becoming entrenched.

I'm not saying this is ok, but as a fellow sufferer of depression and receiver of pressure/ grief in the workplace, I can understand why Lennon is angry/ frustrated and responding the way he is.

Knowing him like we do down ER way, that’s exactly what I thought when I watched it.

Good post HD.

GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    Is there anywhere you can watch the full Lennon press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    What about when they report what they believe to be true, evidence arises to the contrary and they're proven to be wrong but they don't issue corrections/retractions? Especially when the headline is something so damaging.

Every Rangers player on pitch was attacked or spat on by Hibs fans during Hampden riot - Daily Record
    You can take it to the press complaints commission. Other newspapers reported the facts.
    The record has been doing this for years I remember them reporting riots at a Edinburgh Derby when there was 20 arrests splashing on their front page. An old firm match with over 100 arrests only a quote from the Glasgow police that it was a quiet day. As I said today's newspaper tomorrow's bog paper. Their witch hunt publishing pictures of fans was of more concern.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Is there anywhere you can watch the full Lennon press conference.
    Think Sportsound last night played it in full

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/...961018368?s=19

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/...961018368?s=19

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Good on St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post

It's a sensible post HD so don't want to come across like I'm against it. However, as someone who also has a bit of experience with depression, I don't like to see it used as a card every time Lennon acts like a f@nny.

Depression is a horrible thing, and can be particularly horrible for a few people.. no getting away from that. But having it doesn't give anyone the right to continuously act like he does, with no real repercussions or reprimand, and seemingly no signs of regret.

Depressives can be sound and they can be 'a bit of an ar*ehole' just like everyone else. I think he falls into the latter.. and pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Good on St Johnstone

I admire clubs that refute this type of nonsense in a dignified manner.

Well done The Perth Saints

You can take it to the press complaints commission. Other newspapers reported the facts.
    The record has been doing this for years I remember them reporting riots at a Edinburgh Derby when there was 20 arrests splashing on their front page. An old firm match with over 100 arrests only a quote from the Glasgow police that it was a quiet day. As I said today's newspaper tomorrow's bog paper. Their witch hunt publishing pictures of fans was of more concern.
    Yeah fair enough, incidentally can anyone take anything in the press to the PCC?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    It's a sensible post HD so don't want to come across like I'm against it. However, as someone who also has a bit of experience with depression, I don't like to see it used as a card every time Lennon acts like a f@nny.

Depression is a horrible thing, and can be particularly horrible for a few people.. no getting away from that. But having it doesn't give anyone the right to continuously act like he does, with no real repercussions or reprimand, and seemingly no signs of regret.

Depressives can be sound and they can be 'a bit of an ar*ehole' just like everyone else. I think he falls into the latter.. and pretty easily.
    Very good post
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 20-01-2021 at 07:12 AM.

That unfortunately has not been the case for a long time. Once it is reported online it is there forever more. I myself was the subject of an inaccurate national newspaper report over ten years ago and subsequently got a personal apology from the reporter who admitted that he could and should have researched his report better. Now it wasn't sensational headline news but his inaccurate reporting was potentially damaging to my future professional reputation, even if not massively so, but despite him admitting his inaccuracy there was no official correction and the inaccurate report can still be found online.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    That unfortunately has not been the case for a long time. Once it is reported online it is there forever more. I myself was the subject of an inaccurate national newspaper report over ten years ago and subsequently got a personal apology from the reporter who admitted that he could and should have researched his report better. Now it wasn't sensational headline news but his inaccurate reporting was potentially damaging to my future professional reputation, even if not massively so, but despite him admitting his inaccuracy there was no official correction and the inaccurate report can still be found online.
    Great point, I literally found that headline by typing it in to google.

@hibs.net private member
    You can ask for that to be taken down. Most newspapers would agree to the request.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    Those journalists made no effort to report the truth and they don't have a right to publish inaccuracies.
    That's incredibly naive. Newspapers have been publishing outright lies since time immemorial, including dangerous misreporting of Brexit and Covid. And we're about to follow America's road to hell by launching Britain's first non-impartial (i.e. right-wing wingnuts) television news channel.

Agreed, it absolutely gives nobody the right to mouth off, just because they’re angry all the time. I guess he needs to learn to try and see someone else’s point of view and not be so defensive.

Until then, he’ll come across as a right kn0b from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    That's incredibly naive. Newspapers have been publishing outright lies since time immemorial, including dangerous misreporting of Brexit and Covid. And we're about to follow America's road to hell by launching Britain's first non-impartial (i.e. right-wing wingnuts) television news channel.
    I'm not sure what this is about. It's not incredibly naive. It's incredibly correct and what you just said explains why it's correct.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just listened to the full press conference. Just ludicrous. Whinging about distancing on a bus when the general public would have had to self isolate for 2 weeks.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

In yesterday’s rant Lennon said it should’ve been him doing the apology last week instead of Lawwell. Then he said he didn’t have anything to apologise for so what would he have been apologising for if he’d taken Lawwell’s place last week? 🤷*♂️

Testimonial Due

Agree as someone who suffers from depression that is not how you react. You hide away and avoid all and conflict. He is probably bipolar and this is the manic phase when you are putting the world to rights and see things through a very unrealistic lens.
    The fall into depression will come after it.

Should have said IPSO who replaced PCC. The public should have some sort of recourse especially when employers are doing Web searches on prospective employees. I know somebody who's name was reported in the press but the he had no case to answer when it went to court. It needs to be easier to take them to court for libel.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 20-01-2021 at 12:14 AM.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Agree as someone who suffers from depression that is not how you react. You hide away and avoid all and conflict. He is probably bipolar and this is the manic phase when you are putting the world to rights and see things through a very unrealistic lens.
    The fall into depression will come after it.
    Not always. Depression can manifest as anger and frustration. Not that I think it's necessarily the reason Lennon is acting the way he is, but the symptoms generally vary from person to person.