hibs.net Messageboard

Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2340

Thread: Neil Lennon

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has a very valid point re the Scottish conga though. Went unnoticed and unpunished by the media.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Spontaneous exuberance, versus bad judgement
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We could analyse some of the stuff that Lennon actually said, but I see it as more of a meltdown than a reasoned argument.

He did something similar with Hibs in 2018, when we failed to beat Hearts near the end of the season, and I always felt that was the beginning of the end of his time at Hibs. Things mostly just got quite weird after that.

I honestly don't think this is a calculated attempt to get the season made Null and Void, or to get a big payoff, it's just part of his usual behaviour* when things aren't going well.

* I'm not being judgmental, I'd probably behave a lot worse ;-)

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    We could analyse some of the stuff that Lennon actually said, but I see it as more of a meltdown than a reasoned argument.

He did something similar with Hibs in 2018, when we failed to beat Hearts near the end of the season, and I always felt that was the beginning of the end of his time at Hibs. Things mostly just got quite weird after that.

I honestly don't think this is a calculated attempt to get the season made Null and Void, or to get a big payoff, it's just part of his usual behaviour* when things aren't going well.

Yepp, that was the beginning of the end for me too. Said he didn't know if his future was at the club to squeeze money from the board (IMO), got more money and spent it, then ****ed it.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    He is contradicting Lawell by stating there was nothing wrong with the trip.

Tbf Lawwell never said there was anything wrong with it either... just that in hindsight he’d like to apologise!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Tbf Lawwell never said there was anything wrong with it either... just that in hindsight he’d like to apologise!
    If he'd like to apologise, why didn't he do a proper apology to scottish football rather than just Celtc fans.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Aye that was the time he didn’t realise than because we’d lost we couldn’t get 2nd? A very weird interview. Think he went missing for a bit after that did he not?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    True. Celtic have imploded, with no chance of winning 10IAR. Their remaining hope now is to make such a public fuss that the government are put under public/media pressure to close football down, leaving the SFA / SPFL with the nightmare of deciding what to do about declaring winners, promotion etc all over again. Celtic may get their reprieve. The only thing stopping Sturgeon is the political fall out they could create ahead of the May elections. She dopest;t want to touch that.

Fully expect Celtic to get more vocal and disruptive as the weeks progress now or deliberately breach Covid rules. It will be the fog invasion all over again.
    Re the last Paragraph. If the SPFL want some semblance of a league then if Celtic step out of line then it has to be points deducted. Shut them up, gives them an “excuse” for no 10IAR and may stop them acting like tw@s.

No way does Sturgeon want to go anywhere near this buzzsaw.

Scottish football has to be the bad guy (for once).

J

💬 "Until then, you won’t be getting anything from me or my players."

Neil Lennon BANS Sky Sports from speaking to Celtic players until Andy Walker apologises for 'out of order' comments

https://t.co/qy3WJHx6po https://t.co/qLkWtbClIC

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    💬 "Until then, you won’t be getting anything from me or my players."

Neil Lennon BANS Sky Sports from speaking to Celtic players until Andy Walker apologises for 'out of order' comments

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    �� "Until then, you won’t be getting anything from me or my players."

I think that's pretty good.

Whether or not you agree with Walker, he did go off on one and was very scathing about Celtic. Yes, he can say what he wants but Celtic aren't obliged to accommosate him.

I wish Hibs would do stuff like this sometimes if we think an attack is ill founded.

Left by mutual consent!
    If Andy Walker apologises for speaking his mind as a pundit who dared to criticise Celtic that will make a mockery of the game in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

Whether or not you agree with Walker, he did go off on one and was very scathing about Celtic. Yes, he can say what he wants but Celtic aren't obliged to accommosate him.

I wish Hibs would do stuff like this sometimes if we think an attack is ill founded.
    I’ve got a feeling that because of the TV deal we have in place with sky that won’t be possible? You’d reckon interviews etc would be contractual

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    He has a very valid point re the Scottish conga though. Went unnoticed and unpunished by the media.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    To be fair, the Scotland players were in a bubble on a Euro qualifying trip. Scott Brown and Neil Lennon were sitting drinking pints at the pool next to Branda and Tam from Larkhall on an unnecessary training jolly.

Left by mutual consent!
    What about Celtic doing their huddle? Should that be allowed? EPL have mandated players not to group celebrate goals.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Spontaneous exuberance, versus bad judgement
    No question. Also, the Scottish team was on a legitimate, competitive, trip. Celtic were on a jolly. The comments by Neil Lennon are another example of crass whataboutery. Trying desperately to deflect from their own errors and failings by pointing the finger at the closest thing they can find. Look, look over here! Much more interesting stuff!!

No Neil, what we see is Celtic players and staff mingling at close proximity, not just in their own party but with random other hotel guests. Not within anyone’s rules

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Banning certain media outlets?

Nah, lets leave that to Celtic and Rangers who both act like the school bully when challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    My guess is that Lennon wants out but won't quit because he wants Lawwell to sack him so he gets his pay off. Lawwell hasn't been able to sort out a replacement yet hence why Lennon is still there, though today's press conference is forcing Lawwell's hand.
    Sounds familiar

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    They asked Hibs 8 times, Hibs said no 8 times, then they went to the SPFL
    I’m sure Leanne Dempster indicated that the SPFL had agreed to the change as they had given prior notice by Celtic and the first Hibs knew about it is when they received notification from the SPFL that the date had been changed.

Maybe I’m wrong but why would LD say that if it wasn’t correct??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got absolutely ridiculed on here for calling him an embarrassment after that. Slaughtered. Glad i was proved right.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Sounds familiar
    But he's a lovely chap because someone met him once and didn't once have a go.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I’ve got a feeling that because of the TV deal we have in place with sky that won’t be possible? You’d reckon interviews etc would be contractual
    You'll be right to an extent although there will be a limit to the conditions either side can impose.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Nah, lets leave that to Celtic and Rangers who both act like the school bully when challenged.
    I'm speaking about taking action against individuals who you know are out of line. I'm speaking about the likes of Tom English criticising Hibs for signing players during the close season. My attitude would be OK, he can say what he wants but without no cooperation and no hospitality from us whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I’m sure Leanne Dempster indicated that the SPFL had agreed to the change as they had given prior notice by Celtic and the first Hibs knew about it is when they received notification from the SPFL that the date had been changed.

Maybe I’m wrong but why would LD say that if it wasn’t correct??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Celtic made the initial request(s) to Hibs, which we quite rightly refused.

Celtic approached the SPFL to demand it happened, and the SPFL invoke a rule that exists but nobody has really used which means that if the sides dont agree, then the SPFL rules in favour of the home side - thats was the "first Hibs knew of it" bit.

(or some other bollocks)

Doesnt mean that they didnt repeatedly ask LD and she repeatedly said bugger off.

I'm speaking about taking action against individuals who you know are out of line. I'm speaking about the likes of Tom English criticising Hibs for signing players during the close season. My attitude would be OK, he can say what he wants but without no cooperation and no hospitality from us whatsoever.
    Never really ends well, and the other side of the coin is that every fan in Scotland - outside the twats across in gorgie - think he is a spoon.

I wouldnt have minded seeing the news outlets that reported we'd made 70 staff redundant in the summer excluded from interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I wouldnt have minded seeing the news outlets that reported we'd made 70 staff redundant in the summer excluded from interviews.
    OK, I am playing devils advocate here but............Hibs were going thru a legal process which requires confidentiality. We could easily have said "this story about 70 is not true as we havent gone thru the process, and we wont be commenting further" or some such.

As usual with Hibs, we didnt say diddley and the empty heads in the media vacuum filled it.

Yes, they were wrong, but there are aspects we could have dealt with better.

PR output and perception for Hibs has to improve and that wont happen by banning every Tom Dick and Harry from the media...........

I'm still disappointed we didn't ban the Daily Record for the "every single Rangers player" headline after the 2016 final. Still irritates me years later.

OK, I am playing devils advocate here but............Hibs were going thru a legal process which requires confidentiality. We could easily have said "this story about 70 is not true as we havent gone thru the process, and we wont be commenting further" or some such.

As usual with Hibs, we didnt say diddley and the empty heads in the media vacuum filled it.

PR output and perception for Hibs has to improve and that wont happen by banning every Tom Dick and Harry from the media...........
    Maybe a bit of both then?

React professionally and curteously to incorrect reporting while at the same time getting Tom English to f***.

Sorted!

I agree with the empty vacuum being filled with *****.

What about the headlines post Scottish Cup final then? IMO the outlet that printed that should never be allowed near Easter Road or East Mains again.

There's a time and place for really sticking to people who spread absolute nonsense.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'm still disappointed we didn't ban the Daily Record for the "every single Rangers player" headline after the 2016 final. Still irritates me years later.
    Yep, was very soft. The only issue I had during LD’s otherwise fantastic tenure.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller