hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye fair point, will look daft if untrue though, not that he will give a ****.

Given the result and reaction of the lunatic section of their fanbase, he is gone.

Kennedy will get the job full time.
    I would be shocked if Kennedy got the job like. Celtic fans want a big name

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    In terms of the big stuff, Lennon did fine.

Got us up, job done. Good 1st season back up, magnificent in places.

The big negative with Lennon - he didn't make a great start on the difficult but inevitable rebuilding job. That frustrated him and led to him doing some daft stuff. Who knows how he might have got on over time, who knows he might have got on even just with the arrivals of Omeonga and McNulty, which happened just after he left?

I couldn't care what he says to people about celebrating goals against Celtic whilst he has us scoring goals and playing as well as we generally did against them.

There's a lot of small stuff that can be chucked at Neil Lennon from his time at Hibs but that's all it is - small stuff.

Whilst I enjoy Celtic pain, there's a bit of me that feels for a guy that I liked whilst at Hibs and who I thought did his best for us.

And whilst I am no fan of Celtic, I'd rather it was Rangers in dire straits, every day of the week.
    A good post. I just don't get all the hatred that's thrown at a former Club manager who did a decent job for us. John MCGinn is a Celtic fan but I don't hate him for that. He too gave his all for us against the team he supports.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    What interview did Lewis give?
    It was in quite an obscure podcast, I heard it on Facebook via one of the fans group pages.

I honestly couldn’t for the life of me remember the name of it now though.

@hibs.net private member
    What interview did Lewis give?
    Think this is what was meant

https://www.spreaker.com/user/didyea...evenson-part-1

There are two separate parts

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    A good post. I just don't get all the hatred that's thrown at a former Club manager who did a decent job for us. John MCGinn is a Celtic fan but I don't hate him for that. He too gave his all for us against the team he supports.
    Don't hate him but he essentially had one good half season when we were blessed with Stubbs midfield reunited - even then blew it at the end. Lacked man management and tactics ( was dependent on his assistant for that and fell out with the last one at Hibs). His public antics embarrassed himself and the club.

I am enjoying Celtic's meltdown. They have had nine years gloating at their ugly Glasgow brother. The gloating of 10 in a row would be unbearable. I support a united Ireland but no time for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    A lot of people seem to have a personal vendetta against Lennon, not sure why personally. He’s living rent free in a lot of heads.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    A lot of people seem to have a personal vendetta against Lennon, not sure why personally. He’s living rent free in a lot of heads.
    It's hilarious seeing the usual suspects fighting to get in with the biggest insult they can think of within seconds of a bad result. 😂😂😂

24 hour police guard on home
    Bullets in post
    Websites set up to say he should be killed
    Explosive devices in post intercepted
    Stopped playing for NI due to death threats
    Beaten unconscious outside a pub
    Attacked inside a football stadium
    ....and now under attack/abuse from Celtic supporters

Absolute disgrace that this should happen to any individual

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It's hilarious seeing the usual suspects fighting to get in with the biggest insult they can think of within seconds of a bad result. 😂😂😂
    It’s even more hilarious seeing the fans of Lennon FC getting really wound up at the fact Lennon has done the exact same thing he done to us and turned Celtic into an utter shambles from a position of great strength when he took over. Best manager ever though. Born winner.

Hibs fans that are gagging to jump to the defence of the Celtic manager 😂

I think most of us will continue to revel in either half of the bigot brothers making an absolute arse of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PolmontHibby View Post
    Bullets in post

Does that mean nobody can criticise and laugh when he goes through a bad spell on the pitch? He was decent for us, nothing more, nothing less. He took us for a ride in the end clearly knowing the Celtic gig was on the horizon. He left us in a far worse state than when he took over also. He’s also the Celtic manager and apart from when they play hearts in the cup final, I hope they get pumped every week, arrogant, self entitled tossers.

Wonder if Lennon will be allowed to try and beat his 2 wins in 17 he managed before departing the Hibs job. It's going the same way. Imagine the uproar on here if Jack Ross had that record

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Does that mean nobody can criticise and laugh when he goes through a bad spell on the pitch? He was decent for us, nothing more, nothing less. He took us for a ride in the end clearly knowing the Celtic gig was on the horizon. He left us in a far worse state than when he took over also. He’s also the Celtic manager and apart from when they play hearts in the cup final, I hope they get pumped every week, arrogant, self entitled tossers.
    He did what he should have did with Hibs - got us up when we were favourites and had a decent season after that.
    Nothing more nothing less in my opinion for his record at Hibs.

My point stands - an absolute disgrace that he (or anyone else) has gone through what he has endured.
    What is your argument against this?

He did what he should have did with Hibs - got us up when we were favourites and had a decent season after that.
    Nothing more nothing less in my opinion for his record at Hibs.

My point stands - an absolute disgrace that he (or anyone else) has gone through what he has endured.
    What is your argument against this?
    There’s not an argument against it, I’m just struggling to understand what context it has in the arguments put forward tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Wonder if Lennon will be allowed to try and beat his 2 wins in 17 he managed before departing the Hibs job. It's going the same way. Imagine the uproar on here if Jack Ross had that record
    Jack Ross isn’t a born winner though. He’s also not the best manager we’ve ever had or ever will have.

Be careful what you wish for. God knows how you could expect better than 2 wins in 17.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    There’s not an argument against it, I’m just struggling to understand what context it has in the arguments put forward tonight.
    Seems like we are in agreement.
    i gave an opinion on abuse Neil Lennon has received on a Neil Lennon title thread - maybe the revolting celtic thread would have been the correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Did you listen to both parts ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2 parts you say?

Thought it ended unusually...

Left by mutual consent!
    Seems like we are in agreement.
    i gave an opinion on abuse Neil Lennon has received on a Neil Lennon title thread - maybe the revolting celtic thread would have been the correct one.
    He doesn’t care about Hibs. He is a ***** manager and a bully. Ask his ex.

@hibs.net private member
    Bullets in post

Absolutely agree and yet there are people who hide behind “he brought it on himself”. Unbelievable!!

However, I don’t think anyone on here has ever indulged in or condoned any of that behaviour and there are certainly good grounds for criticism of his tenure with us. For what it’s worth, I will always be grateful to NL for his banishing the “boys band” attitude and instilling some grit in to his squad. For a season and a half I enjoyed everything about our style, attitude and entertainment.

I thought he threw in the towel with his post hearts match interview and he never seemed interested from that day forward. Things crumbled around him, the team on the park showed no guts or urgency and I was glad to see him go. I’m not that fussed about Celtic but from what I have seen of their displays on the park there seem to be a lot of parallels with what happened here.

Left by mutual consent!
    If and its now a big IF whether he will take charge of the SC final, he'd damn well better have his team up for it and prepared to roast the jambos. Same with his potential successor if he's pumped out. That Ross County defeat today doesn't augur well and they'd better improve quickly. I know the 'famous' are dug s"%"e but they seem to raise their game against Premier clubs like ourselves and Celtic.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Lennon should only have been in with celtic for the half season, to secure the cup and 9 in a row.
    Any manager would be on to a hiding for nothing trying to secure 10iar....who needs that stress in their life ?

Maybe lennon fancied it, and celtic thought they could nick it on the cheap?
    I think lennons signings have been poor, losing the big laddie who was in goals for them, for what was basically our reserve goalie beggars belief and re enforces the biscuit tin mentality.
    Other signings are not at the level required, broony is ageing, griff it seems is out of favour, despite probably their 2nd best hitman.
    Seems lennon is no guardiola, so with ageing players and sub standard signings, its falling apart.

Screaming at players isn't going to work these days, and let's face it, many of the celtic lads couldn't give a **** about 10iar, for them its a short term gig.
    They'll move on.
    Lennon has been found out....and all the good work he's done prior to now is forgotten.
    He'll be remembered as the guy that ****ed up the 10....thats all that matters to that mob.

No tears from me, particularly if the comments he made about us are true.....just a pity its rangers who are going to benefit.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snedz View Post
    If and its now a big IF whether he will take charge of the SC final, he'd damn well better have his team up for it and prepared to roast the jambos. Same with his potential successor if he's pumped out. That Ross County defeat today doesn't augur well and they'd better improve quickly. I know the 'famous' are dug s"%"e but they seem to raise their game against Premier clubs like ourselves and Celtic.
    Amen to that !
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Lennon should only have been in with celtic for the half season, to secure the cup and 9 in a row.
    Any manager would be on to a hiding for nothing trying to secure 10iar....who needs that stress in their life ?

Maybe lennon fancied it, and celtic thought they could nick it on the cheap?
    I think lennons signings have been poor, losing the big laddie who was in goals for them, for what was basically our reserve goalie beggars belief and re enforces the biscuit tin mentality.
    Other signings are not at the level required, broony is ageing, griff it seems is out of favour, despite probably their 2nd best hitman.
    Seems lennon is no guardiola, so with ageing players and sub standard signings, its falling apart.

Screaming at players isn't going to work these days, and let's face it, many of the celtic lads couldn't give a **** about 10iar, for them its a short term gig.
    They'll move on.
    Lennon has been found out....and all the good work he's done prior to now is forgotten.
    He'll be remembered as the guy that ****ed up the 10....thats all that matters to that mob.

No tears from me, particularly if the comments he made about us are true.....just a pity its rangers who are going to benefit.
    The small part of a season he took over from Rodgers only secured their 8th title. He won their 9th during 3/4 of a season last year.

Two police officers injured tonight, absolutely pathetic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-west-55125191

Attractive job in the summer, but they they won't get a big name now. Not winning the title will be seen as a massive failure, Rangers are 1/4 favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Don't hate him but he essentially had one good half season when we were blessed with Stubbs midfield reunited - even then blew it at the end. Lacked man management and tactics ( was dependent on his assistant for that and fell out with the last one at Hibs). His public antics embarrassed himself and the club.

I am enjoying Celtic's meltdown. They have had nine years gloating at their ugly Glasgow brother. The gloating of 10 in a row would be unbearable. I support a united Ireland but no time for both of them.
    Your first sentence is a
    disgraceful comment. To even think ever thinking about hating a Hibs manager.
    Look we have some poor ones but to even contemplating hating them is way out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Attractive job in the summer, but they they won't get a big name now. Not winning the title will be seen as a massive failure, Rangers are 1/4 favourites.
    Funny nobody's mentioned Broony

Quote Originally Posted by SJNB Hibby View Post
    Funny nobody's mentioned Broony
    Appreciate you shouldn't talk about replacements while someone is still in a job , but did a check on the favourites for the role and once you look beyond anyone who has played for Celtic or previously managed Celtic , there are only a few names in the hat which is surprising for a club of this size

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    These “fans” have watched their team win every trophy in Scotland for the last 4 years and are now rioting because they’ve had a bad few months 😂😂
    Absolutely laughable. Self entitled doesn't cover it. Obviously a few prominent ten in a row tattoos being scraped off with a potato peeler this morning.

Howe the only available candidate worth considering

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Not many than the bookies Quoted jan. Vennegoor of Hesslink ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.