hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic fans on Twitter wanting Dempster at their club, as she knows how to get shot of Lennon 😂😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Was disappointed in the manner that NL left us and our league position. But overall he raised our profile. If he had got Ryan Christie in part exchange for John McGinn, who knows? Things may have been different.

I think his time is up now.

Stage two of his meltdown tonight, snappy and defensive when it comes to questions from reporters. He’s called out the players, now he’s calling out the media. He’s another bad result away from fighting with a player and having a brawl with the CEO.

Testimonial Due
    Lennon will be gone soon. Lawell will not want to be seen doing nothing and letting 10 in a row slip away.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Stage two of his meltdown tonight, snappy and defensive when it comes to questions from reporters. He’s called out the players, now he’s calling out the media. He’s another bad result away from fighting with a player and having a brawl with the CEO.
    His name is almost always preceeded in the media by the adjective Furious.
    As per Hibs, his style of man management worked well for a while at Celtic but the players, as they did at Hibs, seem to have become worn down by his constant rants.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Lennon will be gone soon. Lawell will not want to be seen doing nothing and letting 10 in a row slip away.
    I think it’s probably too late. But they certainly won’t turn it around this season if Lennon stays. That has been clear for a while now.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    I like Lennon but something is very wrong there. More a matter of when than if I think. I'd imagine if fans were back he'd already have gone. Silly move him going back there.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I think it’s probably too late. But they certainly won’t turn it around this season if Lennon stays. That has been clear for a while now.
    What's the alternative though, genuinely? Someone like Brendan Rodgers or a manager of that ilk was a one off for Celtic, they won't get that calibre in the door this time. And even if they do, managers take time to bed in. They can't afford that this season.

I honestly think they are as good as handing the title to Rangers if they sack their manager now. That being said, it's a mammoth task for Lennon to turn it around. Rangers really are flying just now

if i was them id go for o'neil and roy keane

Struggling struggling struggling. He has been places though, and won things.

Lennon loves a siege mentality he knows if he turns it round and wins 10 in a row from the situation he’s in now he will be a god at Celtic

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Lennon loves a siege mentality he knows if he turns it round and wins 10 in a row from the situation he’s in now he will be a god at Celtic
    Never going to happen now. Tbh they've been pretty poor since he's come back. Sevco don't look like dropping many points either.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I couldn’t care less who wins the league.

I care very much who wins the Scottish Cup next month...

come on Celtic get it together ffs

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hearts will be fancying their chances in the final with Lennon in charge
    I wouldn't go that far (although I did have the same thought).

Interesting thread though. Lennon and Stubbs have signed exactly the same number of players still with the club 3:3. One won us the holy grail the other promotion and a run in europe.

All managers have an expiry date. It's because players move on, new ones arrive and aren't quite right (regardless of system), other mangers and clubs get wise to how you play or innovate and things move on. The fundamentals remain though. The clubs with the biggest budgets usually rise to the top.

Celtc clearly have the wherewithall to complete last season's treble (probably with Lennon - but if he fails then he's definitely oot) and that could be the catalyst for them to kick on this season. But there is no doubt his coat on a shoogly peg and Celtc may move to get rid sooner rather than later. But if they're miles behind in January he's gone.

Lennon is an icon for a number of deserved reasons - a victim of sectarian agression and someone who has had the courage to talk about mental health issues in a male dominated macho culture like football where weakness of any sort is used against you. Lennon is frusting, brilliant, useless, combatitative, honest and secretive all at the same time.

I'm happy he's not Hibs manager any more but respect what he did at Easter Road. I hope he can find some sort of long term peace - but I suspect that will never happen within 30 miles of Glasgow or Belfast.

As for Gerrard he's just a **** and can **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I couldn’t care less who wins the league.

I care very much who wins the Scottish Cup next month...

come on Celtic get it together ffs
    This

The manner of their defeats and performances suggests it’s starting to look more and more unlikely they will be able to pull through. Their next 3 domestic games before the cup final are all home I think, failure to win all of them and that’s definitely the final nail in the coffin.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    I really hope they go for Roy Keane. Another born winner that’s a a poor manager but entertaining to watch when it’s all falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    😂

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I really hope they go for Roy Keane. Another born winner that’s a a poor manager but entertaining to watch when it’s all falling apart.
    Roy Keane would be a glorious appointment. Watching him have a meltdown when he can’t compete with Rangers and Gerrard would be hilarious.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Nae chance. He’s getting the sack.

Although Lennon might have choreographed his exit from Hibs in the knowledge that the Celtic vacancy was imminent, and therefore deserves no sympathy for his predicament, I find myself disliking Tom English once more for being a vulture with his latest comments on the BBC.

This guy likes to pontificate on all things football, based on his poor knowledge of the Scottish game.

I'd rather see the "Vulture" dispatched before his prey in this instance.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebakerforever View Post
    Although Lennon might have choreographed his exit from Hibs in the knowledge that the Celtic vacancy was imminent, and therefore deserves no sympathy for his predicament, I find myself disliking Tom English once more for being a vulture with his latest comments on the BBC.

This guy likes to pontificate on all things football, based on his poor knowledge of the Scottish game.

I'd rather see the "Vulture" dispatched before his prey in this instance.
    Did you hear him use the phrase “how dare you come on here” to Darryl Broadfoot? Cringeworthy listening - his notion of his self-importance is way off the chart and his on-air interview for the position of Hearts Comms manager is tedious and tiresome.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Charlie Adam is suggesting Pochettino for the Celtic job.. the OFs over inflated ego knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Charlie Adam is suggesting Pochettino for the Celtic job.. the OFs over inflated ego knows no bounds.
    Poch is too big a hibs fan to take that job. He's replacing Jack Ross.

Think it's 2 wins in 9 for Lennon, he'll be getting the sack pronto.

He's a dinosaur. Lewis had an interview where he said that Lennon barely ever worked on anything tactical. Just sent the team out on a saturday and said right, we're playing X formation. These are your positions.

Madness in this day and age.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Poch is too big a hibs fan to take that job. He's replacing Jack Ross.

Think it's 2 wins in 9 for Lennon, he'll be getting the sack pronto.

He's a dinosaur. Lewis had an interview where he said that Lennon barely ever worked on anything tactical. Just sent the team out on a saturday and said right, we're playing X formation. These are your positions.

Madness in this day and age.
    He'd also expect you to step out of his way if he was walking through a corridor to avoid bumping into each other.

That's not leadership, that's just being an ********.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He'd also expect you to step out of his way if he was walking through a corridor to avoid bumping into each other.

That's not leadership, that's just being an ********.
    Some of you will believe any old **** eh?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    From players who worked under him, I’ll believe a lot.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    That came from Lewis Stevenson, on a publicly available podcast.

You'll defend Neil Lennon for anything, eh?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    That came from Lewis Stevenson, on a publicly available podcast.

You'll defend Neil Lennon for anything, eh?
    That's the kind of post that should come with a "game,set and match" emoji.