hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was the aeroplane all about, what was his thinking behind it.
    He got a ton of abuse from the Rangers fans throughout the game, bit of friendly banter back at them I suppose.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Surely not Strachan..... I reckon they need to do something urgently but not sure what Strachan would bring. They have a brilliant squad of players yet for some reason they arent showing that on the pitch.
    If it's him to the end of the season I can understand that.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff
    I still fancy Celtic to turn it around.

It is an odd season and Celtic were impacted a bit with Covid and other things pre the game v Rangers. At some point Rangers will be impacted by something or have a sticky spell. Still a long way to go and more Old firm games to go too.

Not too much leeway for further mistakes mind you.

It is also a few short weeks away from an open window so will be interesting to see the response. I think Celtic probably have more means to make changes.

@hibs.net private member
    Rangers will fall away again. Celtic have got a very favourable December and January, while Rangers have some tricky away games in there. I think Celtic will hit a run and have still got the better squad out of the two.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I don't really care which of the uglies win the league, but if Celtic do manage to reduce the gap to 5 points with their games in hand then the league's far from over.

Im hearing a big fall out between NL and Brown. Other players getting involved, bad result on thursday could be the end of NL.
    B

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    Im hearing a big fall out between NL and Brown. Other players getting involved, bad result on thursday could be the end of NL.
    B
    Neil’s the voice of their Xmas advert.....

Seems to be some in fighting going on, but this generally happens when a team isn’t pergolas well as it should do

I’m surprised he’s lasted so long to be honest

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Rangers will fall away again. Celtic have got a very favourable December and January, while Rangers have some tricky away games in there. I think Celtic will hit a run and have still got the better squad out of the two.
    I don't see it, I think they're too far gone. Rangers are rampant and Celtic are in total disarray and playing under a manager who has previous for - for want of a better phrase - chucking it when the going gets tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Seems to be some in fighting going on, but this generally happens when a team isn’t pergolas well as it should do
    They should sign Gazebo.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I don't see it, I think they're too far gone. Rangers are rampant and Celtic are in total disarray and playing under a manager who has previous for - for want of a better phrase - chucking it when the going gets tough.
    I agree. I feel a bit of sick in my mouth saying this but the Huns look a really good side, score lots of goals, concede very little and also play attractive football. Add in their strength in depth and I’d be very surprised if they don’t win the league this season with a few games to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    B
    Same patter a few weeks ago, and a few months ago, and a year ago. Utter pish I'd say.

Why is it always the most obvious candidates (Griffiths and Brown) he always has these massive bust ups with?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Same patter a few weeks ago, and a few months ago, and a year ago. Utter pish I'd say.

Why is it always the most obvious candidates (Griffiths and Brown) he always has these massive bust ups with?
    Seems like no dip in form can ever be without an associated bust up or meltdown these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Is NL being put on gardening leave?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    What we need to remember, since the huns got back into this league they have had a new year collapse every one of those years. I can see that happening again, even given their current form which is on a par with Celtc's 16/17 side who dominated everyone in the league, I can still see them falling away. We've not seen them deal with a defeat yet. Celtc always seem to get stronger as the season progresses and have form for coming from behind recently too. If celtc empty Lennon they will struggle more than if they stick with him imho

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I don't know where the Rangers collapse is coming from this season, they've got the measure of Celtic in the derbies and are pretty rampant in the league at the moment. Don't think they've conceded at home yet. If I cared and was a betting man, my money would be going on Rangers for the league this season. I can't see Celtic catching them unless they ditch Lennon and spend big in January.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    What we need to remember, since the huns got back into this league they have had a new year collapse every one of those years. I can see that happening again, even given their current form which is on a par with Celtc's 16/17 side who dominated everyone in the league, I can still see them falling away. We've not seen them deal with a defeat yet. Celtc always seem to get stronger as the season progresses and have form for coming from behind recently too. If celtc empty Lennon they will struggle more than if they stick with him imho
    Binning Lennon would instantly improve them almost regardless of who they bring in - although Strachan would be another awful choice on the back of NL. They are absolutely shocking just now given how far ahead of everyone they are budget wise.

I can’t see any way they win the league this season. Rangers may have had collapses in previous seasons but they’ve never looked as good as they do now.

I honestly think Rangers will win it by 10+ Especially if Lennon is still in post at the turn of the year.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 23-11-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I don't know where the Rangers collapse is coming from this season, they've got the measure of Celtic in the derbies and are pretty rampant in the league at the moment. Don't think they've conceded at home yet. If I cared and was a betting man, my money would be going on Rangers for the league this season. I can't see Celtic catching them unless they ditch Lennon and spend big in January.
    Yup. Whether they’ve collapsed in previous seasons or not they’re a different animal now. A +38 goal difference and 11 points clear after 15 games. There’s no sign of a collapse and their squad looks pretty strong now, something which maybe wasn’t the case previously.

Every bit as good as Rodgers Celtic side from a few seasons ago imo while Celtic look even worse than they did under Deila.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yup. Whether they’ve collapsed in previous seasons or not they’re a different animal now. A +38 goal difference and 11 points clear after 15 games. There’s no sign of a collapse and their squad looks pretty strong now, something which maybe wasn’t the case previously.

Every bit as good as Rodgers Celtic side from a few seasons ago imo while Celtic look even worse than they did under Deila.
    In all honesty I look at the two teams just now and it's not a case of if Rangers can win this years title, but it's how many years in a row they can win if they keep a hold of their current squad. They for the first time in at least a decade look like a proper team with a decent manager.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    In all honesty I look at the two teams just now and it's not a case of if Rangers can win this years title, but it's how many years in a row they can win if they keep a hold of their current squad. They for the first time in at least a decade look like a proper team with a decent manager.

The squad Celtic have ended up building is really poor. The Rangers squad is getting better every year. From the Celtic squad the only players I’d say would be starters or Rangers would be Christie and Edouard. Maybe McGregor but even then I’m not sure he’s better than Jack or Arfield on this seasons form.

Celtic will need to appoint a very good manager and splash a good bit of cash to close the gap imo.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 23-11-2020 at 03:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Binning Lennon would instantly improve them almost regardless of who they bring in - although Strachan would be another awful choice on the back of NL. They are absolutely shocking just now given how far ahead of everyone they are budget wise.

I can’t see any way they win the league this season. Rangers may have had collapses in previous seasons but they’ve never looked as good as they do now.

I honestly think Rangers will win it by 10+ Especially if Lennon is still in post at the turn of the year.
    Agree with that. Lennon is the off field equivalent of a man short when thing are not going well. He has started pointing fingers and telling players they are lazy on camera etc. Meltdown approaching and he will end up losing the dressing room as he is incapable of shouldering any blame or responsibility. I suspect Celtc would improve regardless of who was brought in but they need to act quickly and also spend big as they are unlikely to ever get another shot of 10 in a row.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I think there’s a good chance we’ll finish closer to Celtic than Celtic will to Rangers.

What's Terry Butcher up to nowadays?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I still fancy Celtic to turn it around.

It is an odd season and Celtic were impacted a bit with Covid and other things pre the game v Rangers. At some point Rangers will be impacted by something or have a sticky spell. Still a long way to go and more Old firm games to go too.

Not too much leeway for further mistakes mind you.

It is also a few short weeks away from an open window so will be interesting to see the response. I think Celtic probably have more means to make changes.

I agree with you. If Celtc are within 6 points of The Rangers at NYE, they just have to wait for Sevco’s customary New Year collapse and then steal the lead. Gerrard still has it all to do.

Also The Rangers have announced massive losses and need something like £20m to the end of the season. If anyone really does offer big money for one of their players they will be mighty tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I agree with you. If Celtc are within 6 points of The Rangers at NYE, they just have to wait for Sevco’s customary New Year collapse and then steal the lead. Gerrard still has it all to do.

Also The Rangers have announced massive losses and need something like £20m to the end of the season. If anyone really does offer big money for one of their players they will be mighty tempted.
    Every season we hear the same thing about The Rangers needing astronomical sums of money to see out the season. It never happens.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Personally think Celtic will panic and get rid pronto. They are lucky that there have been no fans in the grounds I think as the reaction of the games like Slavia at home wouldn't be pretty imo.

Every season we hear the same thing about The Rangers needing astronomical sums of money to see out the season. It never happens.
    Yeah, indeed. Rangers aren't going bust again. No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    They should sign Gazebo.
    I would tent to agree.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'm just going on what has happened in previous seasons. Two years ago in December Rangers were top and Celtc were 3rd, just after we humped them 2-0 at ER, Celtic went on to win by 9 points. The previous season to that Celtic romped it but the huns still had their collapse in January and never recovered, the ended up in 3rd. The season before that Celtc romped it, huns were comfortably in 2nd place in December and ended up in 3rd behind Aberdeen by 9 points, thats a 16 point turn around from December. Now I know they have the best team they have had since they died in 2012 but they also have the same problem they do every year, they have spent their money in the summer and have just released their accounts showing a £16mil loss, Celtc will spend in January and the huns won't. Like you I am not bothered who wins the league out of the two of them, I am just making my judgement on this with previous seasons evidence.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by vercol36 View Post
    I would tent to agree.
    Cant sign him, he's far too camp.