hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 78 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That came from Lewis Stevenson, on a publicly available podcast.

You'll defend Neil Lennon for anything, eh?
    Lewis also said he owed him a lot and he was a top man...prob the same podcast.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Lewis also said he owed him a lot and he was a top man...prob the same podcast.
    Also said that there were times he hated him and that there were times the team weren't even given as much as a formation, just the players starting and on the bench and the rest was for them to figure out.

I get the feeling that players, out of a sense of professionalism, have to put a positive face on what they say on these things. The fact that what we heard so many revelations from that podcast was the side that the player will know was due to go out and was to be publicly available is telling.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    That came from Lewis Stevenson, on a publicly available podcast.

You'll defend Neil Lennon for anything, eh?
    I don’t remember the bit that you mentioned specifically but that podcast didn’t do Lennon any favours. Remember some of the stuff Lewis said about him being really quite atrocious for a manager in modern day football.

Still though, why believe Lewis who worked under him and is honest as the day as long when you could believe the ‘best manager Hibs could ever get’ brigade.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I don’t remember the bit that you mentioned specifically but that podcast didn’t do Lennon any favours. Remember some of the stuff Lewis said about him being really quite atrocious for a manager in modern day football.

Still though, why believe Lewis who worked under him and is honest as the day as long when you could believe the ‘best manager Hibs could ever get’ brigade.
    Think you need to listen to that again..whilst Lewis have some examples of old skool style ...He said he set different levels of performance with the players and was one of the best managers he had worked for (might have even said the best)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Think you need to listen to that again..whilst Lewis have some examples of old skool style ...He said he set different levels of performance with the players and was one of the best managers he had worked for (might have even said the best)
    As I said, some of the stuff, not all of it.

In modern day football Lennons lack of interest in tactics and nutrition is baffling.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 28-11-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    What's the alternative though, genuinely? Someone like Brendan Rodgers or a manager of that ilk was a one off for Celtic, they won't get that calibre in the door this time. And even if they do, managers take time to bed in. They can't afford that this season.

I honestly think they are as good as handing the title to Rangers if they sack their manager now. That being said, it's a mammoth task for Lennon to turn it around. Rangers really are flying just now
    Good question mate - I don’t know (nor do I care as I hate the pair of them ;)) but I do believe they definitely won’t win the league the way things are.

Born winner

Left by mutual consent!
    Decent pundit look forward to him back on the bbc

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Born winner
    Best manager Hibs have ever had or ever will have. Be careful what you wish for etc.

Give it five years and he’ll be just like Terry Butcher. Dinosaur.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Best manager Hibs have ever had or ever will have. Be careful what you wish for etc.

Wasn't even as good as the guy he replaced, let alone other managers in our long history.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Better than Jock Stein or Eddie Turnbull ?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Wasn't even as good as the guy he replaced, let alone other managers in our long history.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I think he was being somewhat sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Apologies, I maybe should have included the 😂 emoji to show how horrendous a shout that was when people kept telling everyone who would listen that he was the best we could hope for while winning 2 games in 17 or something.

100%

settle down.

edit just seen your other post.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    settle down.

edit just seen your other post.

He’s taking the piss obviously.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stubbsy, Stubbsy 💚

Left by mutual consent!
    He’s a fud.

He surely doesn’t survive this.

Apologies, I maybe should have included the 😂 emoji to show how horrendous a shout that was when people kept telling everyone who would listen that he was the best we could hope for while winning 2 games in 17 or something.
    Under Stubbs we had two good years with disappointment along the way but an almighty high. He arrived with a decimated team of journeymen and left us with one of the best midfields in our history and a cup win that gave us record crowds.

Lennon gave us five months of good football, little improvement in points in the second tier but a better league position against weaker opposition but when he did get the team firing in the second half of his second season we were spectacular. He left us in a Butcheresque tailspin of relegation form with an unbalanced team of players with little sell on value and high wages.

Heckingbottom gave us four months of good results but fell apart after that.

Jack Ross is improving us, making us more balanced and adding future value and balance to our squad.

Only Hecky would be behind Lennon in “managers I’d like to see back at Hibs” out of those four.

The guy won a trophy at Hibs and led us to a record points total whilst then leading us to eliminate a very sold and decent Asteras Tripolis in Europe.

For that reason I think it is quite disrespectful to constantly try to rip the p*** out of him when it suits.

Was he our best ever manager? Don’t be ridiculous. Did he struggle towards the end? Undoubtedly. Did he fluff a couple of Hampden trips? Standard for a Hibs manager.

Glorious to see Celtic struggling, for certain. But I’ll pass sticking the boot into a manager that was very good for us and worked hard for our club.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Aha I did wonder.

Under Stubbs we had two good years with disappointment along the way but an almighty high. He arrived with a decimated team of journeymen and left us with one of the best midfields in our history and a cup win that gave us record crowds.

Lennon gave us five months of good football, little improvement in points in the second tier but a better league position against weaker opposition but when he did get the team firing in the second half of his second season we were spectacular. He left us in a Butcheresque tailspin of relegation form with an unbalanced team of players with little sell on value and high wages.

Jack Ross is improving us, making us more balanced and adding future value and balance to our squad.

Only Hecky would be behind Lennon in “managers I’d like to see back at Hibs” out of those four.
    I was agreeing with most of that until you mentioned Butcheresque relegation form. It was nothing like that. Time was clearly up but we beat Celtic and drew with Rangers twice in the space of ten days only a month before he was gone, although he did lose his last couple of games after that.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakim Sar View Post
    The guy won a trophy at Hibs and led us to a record points total whilst then leading us to eliminate a very sold and decent Asteras Tripolis in Europe.

For that reason I think it is quite disrespectful to constantly try to rip the p*** out of him when it suits.

Was he our best ever manager? Don’t be ridiculous. Did he struggle towards the end? Undoubtedly. Did he fluff a couple of Hampden trips? Standard for a Hibs manager.

Glorious to see Celtic struggling, for certain. But I’ll pass sticking the boot into a manager that was very good for us and worked hard for our club.
    100% correct and a very good post GGTTH

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

A good summary IMO

Left by mutual consent!

Neil Lennon couldn’t give a **** about Hibernian FC.

Are we really counting the championship as a trophy? Yikes.

Record points isn't really true. Its the record in 3 points for a win. Kilmarnock equaled that tally a year later with half the budget.

He told his staff not to celebrate Hibs goals against celtic. That to me is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Neil Lennon couldn’t give a **** about Hibernian FC.
    exactly. which is why his current situation is hilarious banter