hibs.net Messageboard

Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2340

Thread: Neil Lennon

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard a story about him when at Celtic as a player. Guy I know had a neighbour whose son was signed at Motherwell as youth signing. Some of the youth players were ballboys at the games and he said Lennon was probably the only player that engaged with the young players asking them how they were getting on etc. Certainly changed that young guys opinion of Lennon given he was a huge Rangers fan. Just shows the public perception isn't always accurate
    Heard that too that away from the pitch and media Lennon is a very likeable down to earth normal guy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Heard that too that away from the pitch and media Lennon is a very likeable down to earth normal guy.
    He definitely is

First Team Breakthrough
    Celtic trying to appoint Paul Lambert as manager would probably have the same effect on the Celtic fans as trying to appoint the other manager that parted company today,Mark Kerr at Ayr United.

Met him a couple of times. He's just a decent normal guy.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    He definitely is
    Hi Neil.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Celtic trying to appoint Paul Lambert as manager would probably have the same effect on the Celtic fans as trying to appoint the other manager that parted company today,Mark Kerr at Ayr United.

He ticks a lot of boxes for them...

I can see why the rumour mill is spinning, seeing as Lambert just walked away from Ipswich. Another combative former midfielder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Heard a story about him when at Celtic as a player. Guy I know had a neighbour whose son was signed at Motherwell as youth signing. Some of the youth players were ballboys at the games and he said Lennon was probably the only player that engaged with the young players asking them how they were getting on etc. Certainly changed that young guys opinion of Lennon given he was a huge Rangers fan. Just shows the public perception isn't always accurate
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    He definitely is
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Met him a couple of times. He's just a decent normal guy.
    Probably enough to suggest he is ‘a normal likeable guy’ away from football and good on him. But let’s not forget that this is a football forum and players, coaches and administrators are judged within the context of football. Lennon falls short of the mark in that respect.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He ticks a lot of boxes for them...

I can see why the rumour mill is spinning, seeing as Lambert just walked away from Ipswich. Another combative former midfielder.
    From a look at their fans' forum (that's what a year of working at home does to you) the Ipswich fans seem absolutely delighted to be rid of him. Can't have been a popular figure.

Left by mutual consent!
    I had a supervisor who was a total prick. Rumour had it he was a great guy in the pub though. That just makes his behaviour at work all the worse.

Testimonial Due
    And the dressing room.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    Hi Neil.
    I can assure you he was very personable and no I am not Neil and in the end I felt it was inevitable that he leave the club. Unfortunately we replaced him with a guy who was a nice guy but a useless manager

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    From a look at their fans' forum (that's what a year of working at home does to you) the Ipswich fans seem absolutely delighted to be rid of him. Can't have been a popular figure.

He used to manage Norwich so no wonder.

Some folk just seem to want to attract grief.

Apart from threatening to stab his mistress if she revealed their affair to his wife. Really nice guy.

Give the guy a day off man 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Give the guy a day off man 😂
    He doesn’t give a ***** about Hibs. I don’t think for one second he will care what Hibs fans think of him.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    He doesn’t give a ***** about Hibs. I don’t think for one second he will care what Hibs fans think of him.
    And quite right too.

You don’t know that for a fact.

I’ve just read on the Doidge thread people saying there’s no need to be abusing towards someone on here yet this thread is full of it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    And quite right too.
    Why is it quite right he doesn’t give a ***** about Hibs yet people actually defend the ****?

Left by mutual consent!
    You don’t know that for a fact.
    It’s pretty clear he shat on us.

It’s pretty clear he shat on us.
    He was fully committed to us during his time here until perhaps the end. No need for the abuse.

Why is it quite right he doesn’t give a ***** about Hibs yet people actually defend the ****?
    Why should he give a stuff about anonymous posters like you ?

He was fully committed to us during his time here until perhaps the end. No need for the abuse.
    That's called being professional, he had a job to do and he did it (not always professionally). He was always going as soon as either Celtic or someone as big came for him.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    That's called being professional, he had a job to do and he did it (not always professionally). He was always going as soon as either Celtic or someone as big came for him.
    Any manager would do the same.

Yeah maybe although his falling out with Leeann coincided neatly with the Celtc job becoming available again.
    Last edited by jacomo; 02-03-2021 at 05:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’ve just read on the Doidge thread people saying there’s no need to be abusing towards someone on here yet this thread is full of it.
    Anything goes where Lennon is concerned apparently.

First Team Breakthrough Max_Shah's Avatar
    > Two Mistress[ess]
    > History of Domestic Abuse, Manipulation and Slyness
    > Addiction Issues
    > ????????????????????
    > Was sound to me in a boozer when “Ah wiz pished an ah wanted a Selfie
    > Great Guy - Best Hibs manager ever.

As I said earlier Lennon is not a well man but he resolutely refuses to seek any kind of treatment so **** him.

Why simp for this guy? I mean seriously. Why the cringe level of pathetic simping? Am I missing something about this specific dude [over say fat Bobby or Lex] other than the fact he used to manage Celtic? Is it some subconscious "other" thing? I mean I get he won us the seaside league but big ****ing deal I don't count that as an achievement [certainly not Stubbs level] I just do not get it. Maybe I don't get Hibs or our collective history?

But mark my words, if he continues down this path, he'll forever be "that guy" in Glasgow boozers annoying the sons and daughters of our sons and daughters in the 2030's with his "...back in my day..." and "...ah wiz a fitbaw player son..." birthday card pish. That is his future.

If he sorts himself out he MIGHT reach the dizzying heights of BBC/Sly media

No if's, no buts, no what-abouts and certainly no coconuts.

And you know what the sad thing is, no one in a decade will give a **** about NL [and his tenure as Hibs manager will be a mere footnote in that collective apathy - which makes all this simping and even this long effort post irrelevant] as the game of football/science of coaching will have moved on.

Our history will no doubt have far more interesting characters and better achievements to talk about other than that brief time when we won a ***** seaside league we should never have been in in the first place while managed by a drunken degenerate.

No virtue signal but having suffered physical/psychological DA, I have absolutely no respect for a manipulative domineering figure like NL, especially one who refuses any kind of treatment or even admits he was in the wrong.

There is the answer to the NL simps about why I dislike the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Shah View Post
    > Two Mistress[ess]
    > Addiction Issues
    > ????????????????????

As I said earlier Lennon is not a well man but he resolutely refuses to seek any kind of treatment so **** him.

Why simp for this guy? I mean seriously. Why the cringe level of pathetic simping? Am I missing something about this specific dude [over say fat Bobby or Lex] other than the fact he used to manage Celtic? Is it some subconscious "other" thing? I mean I get he won us the seaside league but big ****ing deal I don't count that as an achievement [certainly not Stubbs level] I just do not get it. Maybe I don't get Hibs or our collective history?

But mark my words, if he continues down this path, he'll forever be "that guy" in Glasgow boozers annoying the sons and daughters of our sons and daughters in the 2030's with his "...back in my day..." and "...ah wiz a fitbaw player son..." birthday card pish. That is his future.

And you know what the sad thing is, no one in a decade will give a **** about NL [and his tenure as Hibs manager will be a mere footnote in that collective apathy - which makes all this simping and even this long effort post irrelevant] as the game of football/science of coaching will have moved on.

Our history will no doubt have far more interesting characters and better achievements to talk about other than that brief time when we won a ***** seaside league we should never have been in in the first place while managed by a drunken degenerate.

No virtue signal but having suffered physical/psychological DA, I have absolutely no respect for a manipulative domineering figure like NL, especially one who refuses any kind of treatment or even admits he was in the wrong.

I get the feeling he’s living rent free in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Shah View Post
    > Two Mistress[ess]
    > Addiction Issues
    > ????????????????????

Did you have a problem with your keyboard while typing all this, had to give the glasses a wee wipe so I could read the last few lines.
    You could've saved yourself 10 mins work by coming out and saying you're not a fan of NL and you don't like him.

Personally I wasn't a fan of Lennon and all the nonsense he brought with him, bored to death in the Championship and got very lucky in January with a formation and set of players that clicked. He then made a hash of rebuilding and eventually left by mutual after falling out with senior players and hierarchy,

Time to move on and forget about him.

I get the feeling he’s living rent free in your head.

Definitely a few issues to unpick there...