hibs.net Messageboard

Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2340

Thread: Neil Lennon

I’ve defended him as much as I can but this latest outburst about ‘being held to higher standards than any other club’ is just ridiculous. He’s a clown.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    He seems to have completely lost all grip on reality.

If the rumours of Duffy being the latest positive covid test are true there will be serious questions to answer and I hope no Hibs players have been affected.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    It's not obvious who he is talking to or even if anyone is listening. The Celtc support have made their mind up on him already. As much as he is trying to deflect attention away from himself and onto the media, the govt and the virus, the empty stands may have kept him in a job longer than a weekly chorus of abuse would have allowed.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has a very valid point re the Scottish conga though. Went unnoticed and unpunished by the media.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Agree, anyone included in the conga should get a ban. Including any of Lennons Celtic players 😁

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    What happened at the press conference today? Did he lose it?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

My guess is that Lennon wants out but won't quit because he wants Lawwell to sack him so he gets his pay off. Lawwell hasn't been able to sort out a replacement yet hence why Lennon is still there, though today's press conference is forcing Lawwell's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Trying to piss off Nicola and get the season null and voided

Last throw of the dice
    Crossed my mind too He is forcing Nicola to take questions on this issue again tomorrow at her press conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    My guess is that Lennon wants out but won't quit because he wants Lawwell to sack him so he gets his pay off. Lawwell hasn't been able to sort out a replacement yet hence why Lennon is still there, though today's press conference is forcing Lawwell's hand.

I don’t think he wants out, not really. It’s the biggest job of his career and by far the biggest he could get in Scotland.

I suppose he can build on his media career when it ends, but he will be done as a manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

I'm not sure we took a break though, think we all knew he was a clown, but he was briefly our one, until it almost inevitably went wrong & he had to leave.
    Agree entirely, he had his devotees here but most knew he was a tosser. I remember posting something along the lines of "he"s a fanny but right now he's our fanny" 😀

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I don’t think he wants out, not really. It’s the biggest job of his career and by far the biggest he could get in Scotland.

I suppose he can build on his media career when it ends, but he will be done as a manager.
    I'm with 007. His comments and defiant demeanour, which are basically giving two fingers to Lawell, immediately struck me as the start of his exit strategy. He knows he is going and won't go meekly. He's finished in football management IMO.

They should have paid him off instead of paying for a trip to Dubai. If they replaced him when they should of then they might still be in a title race.

It’s probably a good thing for the board that fans aren’t allowed in as it would have got messy by now.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    They should have paid him off instead of paying for a trip to Dubai. If they replaced him when they should of then they might still be in a title race.

It’s probably a good thing for the board that fans aren’t allowed in as it would have got messy by now.
    Totally agree with both points there.

I’ve no idea why they’ve stuck with him for so long this season.

Bizarre that I find myself agreeing with an earlier Craig Levien statement.
    So glad they won't win ten in a row as we'd have never heard the end of it.
    More Limping Lemons than Lisbon Lions at the moment

First Team Breakthrough Siralbertkidd's Avatar
    I dont get how they are all out of quarantine so quickly? The 10 days quarantine starts from the day after they landed, which was Saturday 9th . Ten days after that means he and the others should still be isolating until Wednesday 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    I'm with 007. His comments and defiant demeanour, which are basically giving two fingers to Lawell, immediately struck me as the start of his exit strategy. He knows he is going and won't go meekly. He's finished in football management IMO.

How is he giving two fingers to Lawwell??

He seems to be aiming at everyone outside the club, no?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    Bizarre that I find myself agreeing with an earlier Craig Levien statement.
    So glad they won't win ten in a row as we'd have never heard the end of it.
    More Limping Lemons than Lisbon Lions at the moment

True, but the downside is the Rangers giving it big guns over ‘55’.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    How is he giving two fingers to Lawwell??

He seems to be aiming at everyone outside the club, no?
    He is contradicting Lawell by stating there was nothing wrong with the trip.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Totally agree with both points there.

I’ve no idea why they’ve stuck with him for so long this season.
    Probably cos no one would take the job - not winning the league this season means you’d be tarred. They’ll get someone in for next season no bother - maybe even soon as the new guy can’t be blamed for not winning 10.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Probably cos no one would take the job - not winning the league this season means you’d be tarred. They’ll get someone in for next season no bother - maybe even soon as the new guy can’t be blamed for not winning 10.
    Of course the new guy shouldn’t be blamed for not winning 10 in a row but I’d be surprised if they have a new permanent manager this season. Even though it would be an impossible task for the new manager to win the league this year they’d still be the manager who was in charge when it actually happened. The mood around the club would be a bit pish and it’s not a great way to start. The novelty of the new manager would be lost by the time he had a chance to really get started in the summer.

I reckon they’ll either stick with NL - why not, they have done for much longer than they should have anyway - or they’ll put Kennedy in charge until the summer.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 19-01-2021 at 08:30 AM.

David Tanner saying Celtic asked Hibs 8 times to move the game for the Dubai trip and 8 times Hibs said no.

@hibs.net private member
    Lennon has embarrassed himself and his club. Apart for the abject performances on the pitch his latest outburst should be enough for Celtic to dismiss. Sometimes it’s better to say nothing but as we all know with NL he can’t do that. It does show LD was correct to show him the door at ER, as he just to much of a loose cannon.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    David Tanner saying Celtic asked Hibs 8 times to move the game for the Dubai trip and 8 times Hibs said no.

I dont understand what you mean?

Hibs were forced by the SPFL to move the match from the Saturday to the Monday because of Celtics holiday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I dont understand what you mean?

Hibs were forced by the SPFL to move the match from the Saturday to the Monday because of Celtics holiday.
    They asked Hibs 8 times, Hibs said no 8 times, then they went to the SPFL

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Is this born winner Neil Lennon that we constantly kept hearing about?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    They asked Hibs 8 times, Hibs said no 8 times, then they went to the SPFL
    Ah, so he wasnt talking about the Monday match, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    It's not obvious who he is talking to or even if anyone is listening. The Celtc support have made their mind up on him already. As much as he is trying to deflect attention away from himself and onto the media, the govt and the virus, the empty stands may have kept him in a job longer than a weekly chorus of abuse would have allowed.
    True. Celtic have imploded, with no chance of winning 10IAR. Their remaining hope now is to make such a public fuss that the government are put under public/media pressure to close football down, leaving the SFA / SPFL with the nightmare of deciding what to do about declaring winners, promotion etc all over again. Celtic may get their reprieve. The only thing stopping Sturgeon is the political fall out they could create ahead of the May elections. She dopest;t want to touch that.

Fully expect Celtic to get more vocal and disruptive as the weeks progress now or deliberately breach Covid rules. It will be the fog invasion all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I see it the other way .. it is lost - we all know as do Cellic fannies and new man wont be blamed... they will blame everyone else though

Ranting aside, he's failed big time at the actual football management side of things. He's onto whining in mitigation now.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    True. Celtic have imploded, with no chance of winning 10IAR. Their remaining hope now is to make such a public fuss that the government are put under public/media pressure to close football down, leaving the SFA / SPFL with the nightmare of deciding what to do about declaring winners, promotion etc all over again. Celtic may get their reprieve. The only thing stopping Sturgeon is the political fall out they could create ahead of the May elections. She dopest;t want to touch that.

Fully expect Celtic to get more vocal and disruptive as the weeks progress now or deliberately breach Covid rules. It will be the fog invasion all over again.
    No way they couldn't do points per game now after last season. The Huns would riot, it's not like they need much excuse at the best of times.