hibs.net Messageboard

Page 35 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2340

Thread: Neil Lennon

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Lennon is either the Celtc manager or he is out of football. At the moment, he is one league defeat away from the exit door. No way will that team go all the way to end of the season without dropping more points. Even if he hangs on for a few games, a seeing to in the next OF game will see the end of him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon is either the Celtc manager or he is out of football. At the moment, he is one league defeat away from the exit door. No way will that team go all the way to end of the season without dropping more points. Even if he hangs on for a few games, a seeing to in the next OF game will see the end of him.

No doubt, but if they win their two games in hand and the next Old Firm clash, the gap closes to 2 points and Gerrard gets a squeaky arse.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The problem is that Rangers could afford to have a drop in form and still comfortably be the best team in the league. They’ve conceded three goals (two against the mighty Hibees) and have plenty of threat going forward.

Saying “If Celtic win their games in hand and the upcoming derbies” is a bit like saying “If Hibs win every single one of their remaining games this season we’ll win the treble”. It’s technically true and possible but it’s not realistic.

Quite honestly I don’t think the two games in hand are a factor - Celtic are requiring snookers now IMO and they’re not looking as if they’re going to come from anywhere.

It sickens me to say it because it’s them but this Rangers team are outstanding.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The problem is that Rangers could afford to have a drop in form and still comfortably be the best team in the league. They’ve conceded three goals (two against the mighty Hibees) and have plenty of threat going forward.

Saying “If Celtic win their games in hand and the upcoming derbies” is a bit like saying “If Hibs win every single one of their remaining games this season we’ll win the treble”. It’s technically true and possible but it’s not realistic.

Quite honestly I don’t think the two games in hand are a factor - Celtic are requiring snookers now IMO and they’re not looking as if they’re going to come from anywhere.

It sickens me to say it because it’s them but this Rangers team are outstanding.
    I don't think we would win the league if we win every game until the end of the season. The Rangers are streets ahead of the rest

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

They have been outstanding but how long that continues is another matter. They will get a blip at some point, depends how they manage that.

The games in hand are a factor - Celtic continuing this form over a prolonged period would be pretty unprecedented and so despite Rangers being outstanding and Celtic being poor there really isn't a massive gap which would allow Rangers that many slip ups either.

Celtic winning 3 or 4 games isn't remotely the same as Hibs winning all their games.

They also still have to play each other 3 times?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    They have been outstanding but how long that continues is another matter. They will get a blip at some point, depends how they manage that.

The games in hand are a factor - Celtic continuing this form over a prolonged period would be pretty unprecedented and so despite Rangers being outstanding and Celtic being poor there really isn't a massive gap which would allow Rangers that many slip ups either.

Celtic winning 3 or 4 games isn't remotely the same as Hibs winning all their games.

On the presumption that Celtic will lose at least another 2 or 3 this season, which with two trips to Ibrox is almost a cert imo then you’re really looking at Rangers having to lose about 5 games. There’s absolutely nothing to suggest they’ll come close to that imo and to be honest, whilst it would still be a surprise, I don’t think it’s outwith the realms of possibility that we could see them go the season unbeaten.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

It’s not just Celtic winning three or four games - they’ll likely have to avoid dropping much more than four or five more points this season to stand any chance of taking the league.

That’s also assuming a blip. That isn’t guaranteed to come.

I should also point out that Rangers are my most disliked club by a distance. Still doesn’t hide how good they are just now.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

I’m not sure they will blip this season - Brendan Rogers’ first season with Celtic was similar and they were virtually unstoppable.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I’m not sure they will blip this season - Brendan Rogers’ first season with Celtic was similar and they were virtually unstoppable.
    There’s a striking similarity with that season. They’re blowing most teams away, not just winning games.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Celtic were going into that season as champions though and knew how to get the job done with little competition. Rangers will go into the turn of the year knowing they have faltered badly at this stage in the last two seasons and haven't won the SPL in a long time (or not at all in the view of many).

I'm with Andy74 on this - the league is far from done. Form can collapse very quickly once momentum is lost, particularly if you have faltered before and the pressure builds. If Celtic can put pressure on Rangers they will drop more than enough points so that Celtic can pass them. The question is more whether Celtic can put and keep the pressure on.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Patrick Vieira sacked by Nice, he might fancy the Celtic gig if/when it becomes available.

Blog Entries

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Celtic were going into that season as champions though and knew how to get the job done with little competition. Rangers will go into the turn of the year knowing they have faltered badly at this stage in the last two seasons and haven't won the SPL in a long time (or not at all in the view of many).

I'm with Andy74 on this - the league is far from done. Form can collapse very quickly once momentum is lost, particularly if you have faltered before and the pressure builds. If Celtic can put pressure on Rangers they will drop more than enough points so that Celtic can pass them. The question is more whether Celtic can put and keep the pressure on.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The Rangers had a New Year collapse last season. And something similar the season before. And aside from 'that night in Istanbul', Gerrard hasn't actually won very much (and nothing as a manager).

Of course they are looking favourites for the title just now, but to win it they are going to have to overcome a lot. Unless Celtc really are determined to chuck it, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Woe is me. What a pompous bunch they are.

I wish we were so structurally flawed that we won every domestic trophy available.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    It’s pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I wish we were so structurally flawed that we won every domestic trophy available.
    30+consecutive cup tie wins over 4 years isnt enough for them.
    I must always win or ill cry and cry and cry

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    30+consecutive cup tie wins over 4 years isnt enough for them.
    I must always win or ill cry and cry and cry
    Those snowflakes should try supporting Hibs for a few years. Meltdowns after a first cup defeat since the 2016 Scottish Cup semi. Astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I know. Makes me heave.

Dont buy into this Huns are a great side.Yes they are decent but Celtic have gone backwards and the Huns seem to be getting a lot of Covid luck as other teams are stripped of players.Also they showed fragility against us when a draw saw them acting like spoilt brats eg International player now manager refusing to shake hands with a young kid.So not convinced they would handle pressure.Unfortunately this season they probably will not have to handle pressure so we will never know.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    Dont buy into this Huns are a great side.Yes they are decent but Celtic have gone backwards and the Huns seem to be getting a lot of Covid luck as other teams are stripped of players.Also they showed fragility against us when a draw saw them acting like spoilt brats eg International player now manager refusing to shake hands with a young kid.So not convinced they would handle pressure.Unfortunately this season they probably will not have to handle pressure so we will never know.
    They’re beating most domestic sides comfortably and getting cracking results in Europe. I hate giving them credit but they’re doing exceptionally well this season. We’re into December and they’ve conceded 3 goals i think.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    They are setting defensive records. They are a really good side sadly.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They are setting defensive records. They are a really good side sadly.
    I think they are benefiting from a very weak Celtic side who have dealt badly in the transfer market.

Rangers did not overrun us at ER in the way other Rangers sides have done. They will win the league because of the mess Celtic are in on and off the park.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I think they are benefiting from a very weak Celtic side who have dealt badly in the transfer market.

Rangers did not overrun us at ER in the way other Rangers sides have done. They will win the league because of the mess Celtic are in on and off the park.
    They've conceded 3 league goals all season. That is an incredible feat regardless of how weak Celtic may be.

They have qualified from their Europa League group with a game to spare and currently sit above Benfica. How weak Celtic are is again irrelevant.

Rangers were absolutely pish when Brendan Rodgers first went to Celtic but that didn't stop that Celtic side being very good. Similarly how pish Celtic are at the moment doesn't stop Rangers from being very good currently.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    They've conceded 3 league goals all season. That is an incredible feat regardless of how weak Celtic may be.

They have qualified from their Europa League group with a game to spare and currently sit above Benfica. How weak Celtic are is again irrelevant.

Rangers were absolutely pish when Brendan Rodgers first went to Celtic but that didn't stop that Celtic side being very good. Similarly how pish Celtic are at the moment doesn't stop Rangers from being very good currently.
    They've been phenomenal. No doubt about it.

The start of the season they would have been the last team I wanted to win the league. Now I'd prefer them to win it over Celtic given the Celtic fans attitudes the past few weeks. Plus we'd never hear the end of '10 in a row'

That and they're actually good to watch and so far, fully deserve to be top.

Left by mutual consent!

I agree. Plus Celtic are suffering from reportedly restless players at the club and the Lennon factor of playing unsuitable formations, line ups and tactics has had a huge bearing imo.

IMO for Celtic to have any chance of catching whatever that team should legally be called, they will still need to sack Lennon, and quick. I hate one as much as the other, but financially Celtic are well run, much better than the other team, and I can't believe they'll let the current situation continue much longer. But at the end of the day, apart from the fans of the 2 clubs, who cares?

They've not set a defensive record because Celtic are weak. They're good

Other than one fixture against each other, the standard of Celtic has been completely irrelevant to their performances this season.

I would get the argument if people were saying they were good because they were ahead when both teams had lost 3 or 4 games. But they’ve dropped 4 points out of 45 and have a +38 goal difference. Celtic could be as good as Liverpool but they’d only have been able to impact one of they fifteen games.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They've not set a defensive record because Celtic are weak. They're good
    I think also the rest of the league is weaker to. Look at our defensive record until recently. We have not suddenly transformed into a world class defensive unit.I watched Rangers recent home against Benfica because of family ties to the latter. Rangers hardly touched the ball and got lucky with a second goal against the run of play. When Benfica exerted some real pressure to save the game, Rangers crumbled and this was a very average Benfica team.