hibs.net Messageboard

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2340

Thread: Neil Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon made a total **** of it that night at Tiny. He should have taken a look at himself after his team selection and tactics.

Equally, the game v the Hun. Absolutely ridic we then went on to concede five goals. We should have stifled the game at 3-0 up, instead hit on the break twice whilst looking for more goals.

Nowt against the guy per se, but I really hope he joins Aberdeen.
    We had to win by 6 against Rangers. We didn’t really have much choice, and going hell for leather was working. Bad miss and caught on the break and the game turned. Had we sat on our 3-0 we’d have finished 4th. Why not try and get the relevant amount of goals to finish above them when we know we can’t finish any lower? Plenty to bash lennon about and I’ll be at the front of the queue for that, but the Rangers game wasn’t one of them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'll collect my Hearts season ticket in the scud if he gets the Sheffield United job
    I guess for some gentlemen a humble bath of beans just isn’t enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Not for me. i left that game buzzing. An incredible afternoons entertainment in the sunshine after a very good season.

there was disappointment after the Tynecastle game a few days earlier certainly.
    I couldn't. 5-3 down after being 3-0 up. The equaliser at the end felt a bit meh for me

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I couldn't. 5-3 down after being 3-0 up. The equaliser at the end felt a bit meh for me
    High, low and then high again.

One of the best games I have been at in my 50 years of following the club in a game that mattered.

How many times have we been leading Rangers 3-0 believing 6-0 was actually on?

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

One of the best games I have been at in my 50 years of following the club in a game that mattered.

And it was on. Missed a great chance to make it 4-0 and if that had happened it could have been anything.

We all turned to each other and said, surely not, surely we can't get 6. Well we got 5 but it was the most amazing game I've been at it all my years.

The damage was done at Aberdeen and Hearts games, e points there and we would've got 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    And it was on. Missed a great chance to make it 4-0 and if that had happened it could have been anything.
    Whittaker

One of those games that I'll always remember fondly, regardless of the score.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

The video doing the rounds on Facebook is worrying. Hope Neil is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post

Details?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Hes pished, big deal.

The only thing worrying is the walloper that felt taking a video of him and circulating it was "clever".

He's been doing a lot of good punditry on 5 Live lately and sounded great. So what's this hook that you've just thrown in?

Edit - just saw green day's post. Is that it???

I doubt anybody here would but please don’t post the video on this forum.
    Thanks.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I remember turning looking at who I was with when we went 3-0 up so quickly and both of us looking at each other like "we're actually going to do this aren't we?" and I think had that chance went in before they scored on the counter we would have. Their goal came at the right time to really just knock the momentum out of us and you could almost feel this collective sigh from the stadium when they scored.

In the end though it will remain one of my pure favourite days of football, not even just as a Hibs fan but a general great day to watch two teams be both great and terrible in equal measures to each other. Amazing entertainment.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    He's been doing a lot of good punditry on 5 Live lately and sounded great. So what's this hook that you've just thrown in?

Edit - just saw green day's post. Is that it???
    Honestly Tam, someone shared it with me the other day and I thought...............that was like me the first night in Molde

Coaching Staff

Bar the game at Tynecastle, the football we played in the final top 6 games was absolutely superb the equaliser was fitting and a dramatic end to a great season. Some of the football in the Rangers game first 25 minutes was sublime.

The Killie game was madness too.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Honestly Tam, someone shared it with me the other day and I thought...............that was like me the first night in Molde
    I just wonder what goes through a person's sad little mind to take a phone out and film someone - then share it.

Must say though, it's a little ill advised of him given his stance on Covid and his press conference in January that aside, as you say, man gets drunk, so what............lucky there were no phones back in the day when I was with Mixu one night in L'Attache

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I just wonder what goes through a person's sad little mind to take a phone out and film someone - then share it.

Must say though, it's a little ill advised of him given his stance on Covid and his press conference in January that aside, as you say, man gets drunk, so what............lucky there were no phones back in the day when I was with Mixu one night in L'Attache
    From comments I read the suggestion was it was not a recent video.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    From comments I read the suggestion was it was not a recent video.
    Fair doos Jeffers, I'll stand corrected if that's the case bud - just think it's very sad anyone would want to film someone drunk in any case, and make a derogatory comment (in the video) - just a sad act (person filming).

There but for the grace of God go I as they say.........I've been in far worse states.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Old video dragged up by a Hun . Some of the football we played under Lennon was superb.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Hun behaviour

@hibs.net private member
    Must be an old video, looks like it was at a social function so couldn’t have been recent. Anyway, either way what’s the big deal, he’s on a bender......I’d hate to have been filmed on the numerous occasions I’ve probably been in a similar state🙈

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Hes pished, big deal.

The only thing worrying is the walloper that felt taking a video of him and circulating it was "clever".
    Yep, videoing a man who’s pished and then calling him a ginger ****. Embarrassing behaviour.

It was filmed on Tuesday in Carlisle by the sounds of it as the cops were investigating if he broke the law or not apparently.

I have to admit when I seen it I did worry a little bit for him but mostly because of how hard I know he must have taken the way this season has panned out and with his past history of mental health battles it would be enough to send anyone down a bit of a spiral. But that being said I could be way off the mark and it just be a man who went too hard too quickly with the pubs opening up again as we've all done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    It was filmed on Tuesday in Carlisle by the sounds of it as the cops were investigating if he broke the law or not apparently.

I have to admit when I seen it I did worry a little bit for him but mostly because of how hard I know he must have taken the way this season has panned out and with his past history of mental health battles it would be enough to send anyone down a bit of a spiral. But that being said I could be way off the mark and it just be a man who went too hard too quickly with the pubs opening up again as we've all done before.
    That's correct, it's not an old video. He hasn't broke English law but he did break Scottish law by travelling cross border for a jolly and not essential travel.

First Team Breakthrough Max_Shah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    That's correct, it's not an old video. He hasn't broke English law but he did break Scottish law by travelling cross border for a jolly and not essential travel.
    Yes.

I truly hope he has the courage to get the help he so desperately needs.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Shah View Post
    Yes.

I truly hope he has the courage to get the help he so desperately needs.
    do you know something the rest of us don’t or why does he “desperately” need help?

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I doubt anybody here would but please don’t post the video on this forum.
    Thanks.
    Yep, should've mentioned in my post. I don't know whether Lennon is struggling with mental health issues at the moment and I'm in no way trying or wishing to speculate as to whether he is or not. He might just be bevvied after a night at the boozer with his pals, if so fair play, I'm jealous 😁 if not, I hope he's alright and gets any support he may be needing.

Also, the pond life that decided to take and post the video is not only the **** of the Earth, but also a *****bag of the highest order.

I'm no fan of Neil Lennon but the guy has had to put up with fans protesting outside the ground wanting him out for most of the past year after making an arse of 10 in a row and and had some serious scrutiny from the media. Let the man get pissed and let his hair down ffs.

I'd say he's fair game to be snitched on to the bizzies. He can get steaming if he wants, but a public figure breaking the rules during this pandemic definitely deserves to be grassed up.

Cummings was slightly more extreme, being a hypocritical policymaker, but the idea is similar. Indeed, talking of being hypocritical, did Lennon not chuck Bolingoli under a bus?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    ***** starting point to a thread that has been resurrected across 8 months and managed to get steadily *****r really.