hibs.net Messageboard

Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2340

Thread: Neil Lennon

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just had a text to say he's taking over after the Euros.
    I think one of the red tops reported that a couple of weeks ago.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I can’t remember loads of terrible Stubbs signings? If he brought in about 30, loads of which were terrible... that suggests you could name double figures? Surely not.
    Feruz, Sinclair, Carmichael, Anier, Eckersley, Dagnall, Insall. Then you had the keepers Cerny, Virtanen and Reguero who didn’t really get much of a game I suppose. Likes of DjeDje and Keith Watson perhaps.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Thought he wanted to leave Killie due to the sectarian issues in Scotland.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Doubt he will get another big job. Will probably land a comfy pundit role somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Feruz, Sinclair, Carmichael, Anier, Eckersley, Dagnall, Insall. Then you had the keepers Cerny, Virtanen and Reguero who didn’t really get much of a game I suppose. Likes of DjeDje and Keith Watson perhaps.
    That’s actually a decent stab to be fair 😂 even if I don’t agree with them all as being terrible.

I’ve gone totally blank - who was Sinclair?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    That’s actually a decent stab to be fair 😂 even if I don’t agree with them all as being terrible.

I’ve gone totally blank - who was Sinclair?
    Scott Sinclair’s brother, he came on loan from Southampton.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I was at the St Patrick’s branch meeting at the Hibs Club where Darren McGregor basically said Lennon was too strict and not such a good man manager whereas Stubbs was a nice guy but didn’t have enough steel as a manager. This was in response to being asked “who the best manager he’d played under” was. Basically somewhere in between was his ideal Manager. They are few and far between.

Wish him all the best.

A good job done at Hibernian. Likeable dude. Lovely ginger hair. Loved when he gave that specky Hearts bam some back - Nobody disrespects the Hibs. Especially some no mark, no trophy, no lips, farm dweller.

Welcome back in Leith any time.

All the best Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I was at the St Patrick’s branch meeting at the Hibs Club where Darren McGregor basically said Lennon was too strict and not such a good man manager whereas Stubbs was a nice guy but didn’t have enough steel as a manager. This was in response to being asked “who the best manager he’d played under” was. Basically somewhere in between was his ideal Manager. They are few and far between.
    Lewis Stevenson recently said that Lennon is the best manager he has played under. Most players react to criticism differently I suppose.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Lewis Stevenson recently said that Lennon is the best manager he has played under. Most players react to criticism differently I suppose.
    He also said there were times he hated him and he wouldn’t even give the team a formation, let alone tactics for a game. It wasn’t as glowing as the headline suggests by a long shot.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I've just had a text to say he's taking over after the Euros.
    Just had a text you say :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He also said there were times he hated him and he wouldn’t even give the team a formation, let alone tactics for a game. It wasn’t as glowing as the headline suggests by a long shot.
    Not aware of the article you may be talking about. I got it from this interview around the time of his 500th appearance.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12184973/stevenson-qa-set-for-500

Basically some reserves, squad fillers and sub goalies. The real signings were mostly good.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Doubt he will get another big job. Will probably land a comfy pundit role somewhere.

A job as a pundit would be good for NL and good for his health. He's had great success as a manager and player. All the best to him.

Lennon has made a career out of landing on his feet at good sides. He's never taken over a toiling team and made them better. He even had the excuse of Bolton being a financial mess to hide his failings. He's the luckiest manager ever in terms of jobs and continually gets found out whenever it gets challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    If that was the meeting McGregor attended with Swanston thenhe never said any such thing about Lennon.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post

No chance is he getting another job of any substance.

Tactically he’s never been great and his default solution when things go wrong is to abdicate responsibility and blame everyone else.

The fact he often comes across as a bit unhinged won’t be that attractive to employers either.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Leaves today according to Radio Forth

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Lennon has made a career out of landing on his feet at good sides. He's never taken over a toiling team and made them better. He even had the excuse of Bolton being a financial mess to hide his failings. He's the luckiest manager ever in terms of jobs and continually gets found out whenever it gets challenging.
    You're a tough judge. Look at his record - he's had a great career as a player and as a manager for top clubs in Scotland and England - and he's played for his country.

And he's also made a second career as a pundit.

Maybe clever people just keep making good choices?

Good luck to him.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Neil Lennon resigns

SSN

Left by mutual consent!
    I think he's looked a far more relaxed man the few weeks and that's because he knew he was always about to do this.

Wish him all the best. He's suffered some horrible stuff and pretty shameful in this country.

I wish him nothing but the very best.

Good luck Neil.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    BBC News - Neil Lennon: Celtic manager resigns with side 18 points adrift of Rangers
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55130253

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Neil Lennon resigns

SSN

Celtc didn’t even want to pay off his contract?

And folk said that we were harsh...

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    That’ll be the last big job he gets.

I’d be surprised if he manages again, reckon he’ll end up a pundi

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Celtc didn’t even want to pay off his contract?

And folk said that we were harsh...
    I think “resign” is just a way for him to help him keep his integrity in this, And that there will be compensation agreed ..

@hibs.net private member
    I think if Lennon fancies working again he will have decent options . Other than Bolton, he has had success everywhere and with Celtic some big successes ...all managers end up getting sacked, I would think that will matter little clubs looking at him..

He’s still young - Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him managing again. Could see Aberdeen going for him if they get rid of McInnes (for example)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I think if Lennon fancies working again he will have decent options . Other than Bolton, he has had success everywhere and with Celtic some big successes ...all managers end up getting sacked, I would think that will matter little clubs looking at him..

He’s still young - Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him managing again. Could see Aberdeen going for him if they get rid of McInnes (for example)
    He'll be lucky. Left Celtic and Hibs poorer teams than the ones he took over

Celtic giving him a new contract in the first place was the big mistake. They had it far to easy and started investing income far too late and with no real plan to build. They pretty much need a whole new defence. Who ever gets that gig will have a hard job catching Rangers. Celtic fans are not going to except any chat about Stevie Clarke etc.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    I think he's looked a far more relaxed man the few weeks and that's because he knew he was always about to do this.

Wish him all the best. He's suffered some horrible stuff and pretty shameful in this country.

I wish him nothing but the very best.

Good luck Neil.

Yep, I really enjoyed the vast majority of his time at Hibs. All the best to him.

Hopefully we'll see Celtic turn in one of those 'post-manager' performances teams often seem to come up with and thump Aberdeen this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I think “resign” is just a way for him to help him keep his integrity in this, And that there will be compensation agreed ..
    Agreed, it was clear there was no way he was resigning or he would have long before now. Biscuit tin mentality still prevails at Celtic Park it would seem, he should have been sacked a long time ago.