hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Golf Lessons

Golf Lessons

Looking at taking a few golf lessons and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for Lothians/Edinburgh area. I've never had a lesson before so wouldn't know where to start.

Thanks!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at taking a few golf lessons and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for Lothians/Edinburgh area. I've never had a lesson before so wouldn't know where to start.

Thanks!
    Ive had a couple of lessons up at the Braid Hills Driving Range, what I find with lessons though unless you immediately go and practice what you have been taught and play/practice regularly you will likely forget everything and may be a waste of time and money, because they are not inexpensive. For a complete beginner a couple of lessons is no bad thing just to get to grips with basics.

@hibs.net private member Rattler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Thanks!
    I’ve joined Turnhouse golf club as an absolute beginner. A years membership on this basis is £199 which gets you 9 half hour lessons, bar credit and driving range tokens. I’ve already had 3 lessons and the asst pro at the club, Chloe, is great and takes you through everything from how to hold the club, stance, swing, the lot.

Next year will be different if I keep it up as membership is currently £746, but it’s a great way to start and to see if you enjoy it.