hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Manalishi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should be asking ourselves why yet another player has chosen Aberdeen over us. That's now 3 in less than 12 months that we have lost to them.
    They are sharper in getting a deal done. We nibble, they bite.

Also, as things stand, we are rivalling Rangers for top of the league. Why would the Gers do us any favours?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    surely the rumour about him not being able to play against sevco if hibs bought him was a load of crap, and illegal, he would have taken them to court for restriction of trade
    Of course - which suggests to me its clear that Sevco were looking for this loan deal all the time.

We shouldnt be attempting deals with them, they have never forgiven us for stopping them winning their first major trophy.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    What's wrong with passing the ball backwards?
    Exactly. Pass it in any ****** direction as long as you keep it and work the opening

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    What's wrong with passing the ball backwards?
    In isolation nothing.

Hamilton, St Johnstone and Dunfermline are clubs with a fraction of our budget. Aberdeen are supposed to be our same sized rivals.
    They still pay more than us at an average of around £700 per week more for a first team player. That will sway some players' decision.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Of course - which suggests to me its clear that Sevco were looking for this loan deal all the time.

We shouldnt be attempting deals with them, they have never forgiven us for stopping them winning their first major trophy.
    Only a fan would ever say that - it's business and if it benefits Hibs then I couldn't care less who we deal with.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Only a fan would ever say that - it's business and if it benefits Hibs then I couldn't care less who we deal with.
    To be honest, that’s about the only viewpoint you should ever read on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    They still pay more than us at an average of around £700 per week more for a first team player. That will sway some players' decision.
    I have to say I agree.

Putting my green tinted specs to one side, you can understand why players would choose Aberdeen over Hibs.

More money
    Consistently Better league position over last, what, 10 years
    European football almost every season

There’s only one way we’re going to change that, and it ain’t going to happen overnight.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    I have to say I agree.

Putting my green tinted specs to one side, you can understand why players would choose Aberdeen over Hibs.

More money
    Consistently Better league position over last, what, 10 years
    European football almost every season

There’s only one way we’re going to change that, and it ain’t going to happen overnight.

Totally disagree you say european football attracts players to the likes of Aberdeen...i would agree with that if Aberdeen were playing in the later stages of the europa league but the truth is they get punted out at the diddy stages everytime. Aberdeen are a crap club with crap fans and are part of a boring one team city. If playing in a stadium with a library like atmosphere is appealing to these players then....

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We should be asking ourselves why yet another player has chosen Aberdeen over us. That's now 3 in less than 12 months that we have lost to them.
    Simple answer that. Cash. They have an owner who regularly puts his hand in his own pocket to fund these deals

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    To be honest, that’s about the only viewpoint you should ever read on here.
    Don't agree, it's not hard to separate a business decision from an emotional one. The only criteria worth considering is if it benefits Hibs or not.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Totally disagree you say european football attracts players to the likes of Aberdeen...i would agree with that if Aberdeen were playing in the later stages of the europa league but the truth is they get punted out at the diddy stages everytime. Aberdeen are a crap club with crap fans and are part of a boring one team city. If playing in a stadium with a library like atmosphere is appealing to these players then....

Money is appealing to players.

If Aberdeen offer the likes of Ojo more than us, along with getting punted out at the diddy stages of the Europa League (hardly something Hibs are unfamiliar with) and decent cup runs then they will go there. Even £300 a week equates to over £15K a year, that's decent money to turn your nose up at for the sake of a derby and a decent atmosphere a handful more times in a season.

Fans find it difficult to take the emotion out of football, hence why people say things like 'I would never sign for Hearts/Rangers/Celtic regardless of what they offered me', but for players it is a job. I'm not sure McRorie, Ojo, Bryson et al gave the number of teams in Aberdeen or how loud the fans are a second thought.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Not ITK but just got this from a mate in Aberdeen.

Attachment 23881
    I always thought the maximum a player could be fined by his club was TWO weeks wages?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wireless View Post
    Watched a different game to me on Saturday.
    McGeough wasn’t playing?

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    I always thought the maximum a player could be fined by his club was TWO weeks wages?
    was just about to post the same, thought it was an agreement with the players association that a 2 week fine was the maximum in exceptional circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Do we really want Dylan back if his attitude is so bad that he’s causing trouble over something that’s completely his fault. He should be thanking his lucky stars, paying the fine and getting his head down. Obviously the rumours could be nonsense and he isn’t even leaving.
    No we really dont want him back . No chance we need another lightweight in midfield. We need better than him.

Can’t say I’d give a flying one about any of that if they were paying £700 a week more as reported above. Do you really think footballers would give up more than £36,000 a year for a better atmosphere at home games, or to have a rival in the same city?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Please no to McGeouch. The whole moved the ball forward constantly is a total myth. Sure he kept possession but he was just as likely to pass it backwards as he was forward. He failed at Sunderland and has failed so far at Aberdeen, not to mention his terrible injury record. Going with a smaller squad this season we need players who will be available consistently.

It's not McGeouch we need it's an SJM type player, Docherty would have been ideal.
    All good central midfielders are as likely to pass backward as forward. It's not the school playground, there is much more to the game than just going forward all the time.

Xavi passed back as much as forward. He's probably the best player ever in that role. Mcgeouch was excellent for Hibs, absolutely excellent. He rarely made the wrong decision with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    I still believe that Allan, Mallan, Newell and Hallberg are all too prone to be jogged by. I'd put Dylan in this category too I'm afraid. Not for me but all opinions welcome!
    What does prone to be jogged by mean? Cannae suss out what it's meant to mean.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    What does prone to be jogged by mean? Cannae suss out what it's meant to mean.
    Run past easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    It's not necessarily him choosing Abedeeen over us. Maybe Aberdeen have agreed a deal with Sevco and we have not..
    this is exactly what happened

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Not that it really matters but McGeouch didn’t choose Aberdeen over us, he’d have been here in a heartbeat but Hibs passed up the offer.

Ojo definitely chose Aberdeen over us, but Dylan didn’t.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Not that it really matters but McGeouch didn’t choose Aberdeen over us, he’d have been here in a heartbeat but Hibs passed up the offer.

Ojo definitely chose Aberdeen over us, but Dylan didn’t.
    Spot on. Cheers for that Hecky 👀.

We need someone to show for the ball, drop short, be brave in possession, comfortable under pressure and able to retain and recycle the ball.

We got overrun in midfield on Saturday because we couldn't keep the ball, didn't have options showing for the defence and resorted to missing the midfield entirely. It was little to do with a lack of battling.
    Totally agree

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Simple answer that. Cash. They have an owner who regularly puts his hand in his own pocket to fund these deals
    Yup and he even named Aberdeen's training centre after himself...he has just blasted the AberDNA money on RM its not his own money he is launching at Mcrorrie its the dons fans paying for it.

First Team Regular
    Surprised that McCrorie is possibly going to Aberdeen on loan. Only a few days ago Gerrard was quoted as saying McCrorie and Docherty would not be going on further loans. Rangers were only interested in selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Surprised that McCrorie is possibly going to Aberdeen on loan. Only a few days ago Gerrard was quoted as saying McCrorie and Docherty would not be going on further loans. Rangers were only interested in selling them.
    Cormack of Aberdeen said this on the 27th July

Cormack: We can't buy players for next season
    The club's financial issues mean Aberdeen are not in a position to pay a transfer fee for a player for at least the next 12 months, Cormack said.

"We've been fairly transparent with the conversations we have had with everybody," he told Sky Sports News.

"Apart from having a hiring freeze across the club - unless there are any vacant positions - on the football side, we won't be spending any money by paying transfer fees.

"And from hereon in, it's important that it's one player in, one player out, and we have got that full agreement and understanding with the squad. We won't be paying transfer fees this season."

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Aberdeen can’t afford to buy him just now. They’ve matched a few wanted next year. We can’t match that fee.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Yup and he even named Aberdeen's training centre after himself...he has just blasted the AberDNA money on RM its not his own money he is launching at Mcrorrie its the dons fans paying for it.
    He's on loan.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Cormack of Aberdeen said this on the 27th July

Cormack: We can't buy players for next season
    The club's financial issues mean Aberdeen are not in a position to pay a transfer fee for a player for at least the next 12 months, Cormack said.

"We've been fairly transparent with the conversations we have had with everybody," he told Sky Sports News.

"Apart from having a hiring freeze across the club - unless there are any vacant positions - on the football side, we won't be spending any money by paying transfer fees.

"And from hereon in, it's important that it's one player in, one player out, and we have got that full agreement and understanding with the squad. We won't be paying transfer fees this season."
    They’ll just agree to pay the transfer fees a year later instead and by my count it’s been none out and about five in so far for them.

Can’t wait to see the media getting torn into them for this like they criticised us for signing Nisbet when we were laying people off (that didn’t happen) and shutting down our academy (that didn’t happen)