hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    From my Dons supporting Mate :

“All bull**** by those in the know that I know. They are keen to offload The Aberdeen Eight though but that's not a surprise to anyone that follows the team”
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From my Dons supporting Mate :

“All bull**** by those in the know that I know. They are keen to offload The Aberdeen Eight though but that's not a surprise to anyone that follows the team”
    You would think the press would be all over this if there was much in it tbh

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    if that's all true i don't think much of McRorie if he only spoke to aberdeen yesterday, i never think much of sevco anyway

Not much he could if the Huns tell him despite everything being agreed with Hibs the deal is off the table.
    Probably now suits all 3 , Aberdeen new player , Huns getting off wage bill and unable to play against them and the player 1st team football.
    It was mentioned somewhere that the Huns didnt want him to play for Hibs against them if transfer went through
    OP says Hibs being furious which is probably true as we obviously thought it was done and dusted.
    At least Ron now knows to have nothing to do with them in the future.

I wouldn't want any of those 8 players, their attitude to Covid and what they did makes them a no as far as I'm concerned.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I wouldn't want any of those 8 players, their attitude to Covid and what they did makes them a no as far as I'm concerned.
    Totally agree. Dylan has his chance, and got on another bus 👋.

Left by mutual consent!
    We should be asking ourselves why yet another player has chosen Aberdeen over us. That's now 3 in less than 12 months that we have lost to them.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Manalishi View Post
    We should be asking ourselves why yet another player has chosen Aberdeen over us. That's now 3 in less than 12 months that we have lost to them.
    Money. It's not complicated.

I still believe that Allan, Mallan, Newell and Hallberg are all too prone to be jogged by. I'd put Dylan in this category too I'm afraid. Not for me but all opinions welcome!

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

Last edited by Keith_M; 17-08-2020 at 06:21 PM.

We lose players to them for the same reason that Hamilton, St Johnstone and Dunfermline have all lost players to us in the last couple of months.

It’s all over social media so there is probably something in it. Good luck Rory. Great time to be joining the dons. I don’t see why folk are saying it’s about money. Sevco moves the goalposts and he’s decided to go to Aberdeen. Possibly a wee bit of a nudge from Gerrard to go to the dons. Can’t say I’m overly fussed. As we have seen with Dylan and Ohio we didn’t exactly lose out. I’m sure we have other targets. I’m sure Ross must be looking at league one players in England. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where our next signing is from.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    We lose players to them for the same reason that Hamilton, St Johnstone and Dunfermline have all lost players to us in the last couple of months.
    Hamilton, St Johnstone and Dunfermline are clubs with a fraction of our budget. Aberdeen are supposed to be our same sized rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I don't think the difference in clubs should be/is as wide as your example.

Sooner or later Hibs need to start competing with Aberdeen, on and off the pitch, and that means paying what is required to compete.

Continually accepting they pay more, have more commercial income, earn more prize money, qualify for Europe more - will do nothing but repeatedly have us finishing behind them.

Hamilton, St Johnstone and Dunfermline are clubs with a fraction of our budget. Aberdeen are supposed to be our same sized rivals.
    And Dunfermline have the disadvantage of being in a lower division. Plus they didn't lose out on a player to us they sold us a player.

It's not necessarily him choosing Abedeeen over us. Maybe Aberdeen have agreed a deal with Sevco and we have not..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    It's not necessarily him choosing Abedeeen over us. Maybe Aberdeen have agreed a deal with Sevco and we have not..
    That’s exactly what’s happened.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aberdeen have more money and European football. It’s why Craig Bryson chose them over the big massive team in the championship last year too 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    That'll explain why they suddenly have the money for McCrorie. How embarrassing AFC

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    but they aren't

They have been finishing 2nd/3rd in the premiership and playing in Europe consistently for the last 7/8 years while we were in the championship for three of those years.

They are the only team in their city

They have a large commercial income from their fanbase and benefactors and supporters willing to dip into their pockets to increase their playing budget.

They are the third team in Scotland as it stands and we aren't in a position to compete with them on and off the pitch consistently yet.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    I still believe that Allan, Mallan, Newell and Hallberg are all too prone to be jogged by. I'd put Dylan in this category too I'm afraid. Not for me but all opinions welcome!
    Dylan is not what we need or want. Please, no!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I don't think there is any chance of McGeouch coming back to Hibs. My earlier post was tongue in cheek.

I'd love us to be looking at a player in that mould though. It's what we need and would elevate us up another level.
    Really? A player who just hasn't shined at Aberdeen? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Really? A player who just hasn't shined at Aberdeen? No thanks.

What about G.Shinnie, could he do a job for Hibs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    We need someone to show for the ball, drop short, be brave in possession, comfortable under pressure and able to retain and recycle the ball.

We got overrun in midfield on Saturday because we couldn't keep the ball, didn't have options showing for the defence and resorted to missing the midfield entirely. It was little to do with a lack of battling.
    To do this Dylan would probably have to play at the base of a central midfield 3 or diamond 4. I get the impression JR's preference is a flat midfield 4. I think this is why Dylan didnt succeed under him at Sunderland and why he probably didnt try to sign him for Hibs when he became available.

I also think Dylan benefitted enormously from John McGinn being in the Hibs midfield who did the chasing and harrying of two men.

I'd love to see Dylan back in a Hibs shirt if he could be utilised properly. You can give him the ball in any tight space and he'll protect it and get you moving forward. The only thing is that Gogic would have to play further forward and do more running - a bit like ****e at Chelsea when accommodating Jorginho. Can he do that? I've not seen enough of him to form a view.

I just don't think JR rates Dylan or that way of playing so unfortunately we wont see him back. A midfield permed from McGeouch, Omeonga, Gogic and Alan could be very special though. I don't think I've seen a better midfield three at Hibs than McGeouch, McGinn and Alan in 2017/18 - they dominated pretty much every game including the old firm.

It will be interesting to see JR's next midfield signing - I think it will tell us a lot about how he wants to play. I'm glad it's not McCrorie though.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Not much he could if the Huns tell him despite everything being agreed with Hibs the deal is off the table.
    Probably now suits all 3 , Aberdeen new player , Huns getting off wage bill and unable to play against them and the player 1st team football.
    It was mentioned somewhere that the Huns didnt want him to play for Hibs against them if transfer went through
    OP says Hibs being furious which is probably true as we obviously thought it was done and dusted.
    At least Ron now knows to have nothing to do with them in the future.

surely the rumour about him not being able to play against sevco if hibs bought him was a load of crap, and illegal, he would have taken them to court for restriction of trade

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Not good enough
    Watched a different game to me on Saturday.

If we tried to sign one of the eight. Aberdeen would probably offer them a new contract

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Please no to McGeouch. The whole moved the ball forward constantly is a total myth. Sure he kept possession but he was just as likely to pass it backwards as he was forward. He failed at Sunderland and has failed so far at Aberdeen, not to mention his terrible injury record. Going with a smaller squad this season we need players who will be available consistently.

It's not McGeouch we need it's an SJM type player, Docherty would have been ideal.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I don't think the difference in clubs should be/is as wide as your example.

Sooner or later Hibs need to start competing with Aberdeen, on and off the pitch, and that means paying what is required to compete.

Continually accepting they pay more, have more commercial income, earn more prize money, qualify for Europe more - will do nothing but repeatedly have us finishing behind them.
    You maybe didn't hear the Ron Gordon's vision for the future that he presented at the AGM?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Please no to McGeouch. The whole moved the ball forward constantly is a total myth. Sure he kept possession but he was just as likely to pass it backwards as he was forward. He failed at Sunderland and has failed so far at Aberdeen, not to mention his terrible injury record. Going with a smaller squad this season we need players who will be available consistently.

It's not McGeouch we need it's an SJM type player, Docherty would have been ideal.
    What's wrong with passing the ball backwards?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years