hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Calm the **** down

So much OTT stuff on here.

Yep the Dundee Utd performance wasn’t great. Tonight was brutal but 4/6 points? I’ll take that.

These are games in the past couple seasons we would’ve ended up with 0 points.

Nowhere near the finished article but the sides a lot more balanced imo. Another good couple signings and we’re well equipped.

Performance was poor but some posts are incredibly OTT after that. Especially after playing a side who finished comfortably in 3rd last season, not that it was acceptable tonight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

This.

Folk on twitter talking about worst performance in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This.

On Twitter? Folk on here!

Agreed some ridiculous stuff being posted tonight. Think expectations have gotten a bit out of hand after winning the first 3 - people need to calm it. We won't blow teams away every week

Really don’t think anyone is OTT and everyone is right to be disappointed we had a real chance to kick on tonight but never raised a gallop. It was poor and the least we can expect is a bit more energy and a even a little creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Really don’t think anyone is OTT and everyone is right to be disappointed we had a real chance to kick on tonight but never raised a gallop. It was poor and the least we can expect is a bit more energy and a even a little creativity.
    There are some totally OTT posts on here tonight imo

We draw 0-0 with the team that finished 3rd last season, top after 4 games but fans love to moan online for some weird reason.. snowflakes

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post

Yep the Dundee Utd performance wasn’t great. Tonight was brutal but 4/6 points? I’ll take that.

Nowhere near the finished article but the sides a lot more balanced imo. Another good couple signings and we’re well equipped.

Performance was poor but some posts are incredibly OTT after that. Especially after playing a side who finished comfortably in 3rd last season, not that it was acceptable tonight.
    10 pts from 12 sounds better.

There are some totally OTT posts on here tonight imo
    Okay maybe missed them no doubt I will catch up but I don’t think it wrong for people to be disappointed.

Okay maybe missed them no doubt I will catch up but I don’t think it wrong for people to be disappointed.
    I never said people aren’t allowed to be disappointed, I’m disappointed in the way we played tonight but posts saying that’s the worst people have seen us play in recent memory? Completely OTT

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I gave it a couple of hours between the match ending and looking on here as I couldn't be bothered with the over reaction.

If we manage to average anything like 10 points from every 12 over the season, even excluding OF matches, I won't be complaining.

I'm with you. 1 or 2 getting a bit upset but a lot of decent discussion that far outweighs that.

I said on the other thread that it's a great night for those who have a wee alarm that goes off every time someone moans. We played poorly, people will want to discuss that and have a bit of a mump and moan. It's not a new thing, it's happened in football forever.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Agreed some ridiculous stuff being posted tonight. Think expectations have gotten a bit out of hand after winning the first 3 - people need to calm it. We won't blow teams away every week
    Blow teams away. Lol.

The Hibs I've seen 2x this week won't blow any team away and given teams control of the game all the time is going to hurt us more as season goes on.

Today was totally garbage.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Blow teams away. Lol.

The Hibs I've seen 2x this week won't blow any team away and given teams control of the game all the time is going to hurt us more as season goes on.

Today was totally garbage.
    Context and perspective - this time last season we had conceded 9 goals, scored 3, had 4 points, and The Rangers had humiliated us, with 'Well coming a close second to that..........this time around, 10 points, top of the league, 7 scored, 2 conceded(none from open play), remain unbeaten, best start since 1974

It was a point against a good side.Two clean sheets on the bounce.We will play worse than this.We are top of the league.
    Only the very hard pleased and hearts fans disguising themselves as hibbys are the moaners tonight.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We love a ****in' moan eh.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Context and perspective - this time last season we had conceded 9 goals, scored 3, had 4 points, and The Rangers had humiliated us, with 'Well coming a close second to that..........this time around, 10 points, top of the league, 7 scored, 2 conceded(none from open play), remain unbeaten, best start since 1974
    Fair points and fine.

But today was still garbage. As was most of Tuesday.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Fair points and fine.

But today was still garbage. As was most of Tuesday.
    They weren’t really. Defensively really sound. Could and possibly should have been better going forward but far from garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    They weren’t really. Defensively really sound. Could and possibly should have been better going forward but far from garbage.
    As you think.
    That's sport.

exactly, start of the season, 3 games in a week, 7 points is great. And for all those jambos looking in that plan to not watch any PREMIERSHIP games this season well that turned out great.

Best ignored. Too much "look at me" stuff going on.

First Team Breakthrough

Not OTT at all...we really deserved no points tonight but rode our luck... we deserved 1 point on Tuesday so really one out of 6.... .... Pi55 poor performance like that and the manager should take the blame... we will fall rapidly down the table with performances like that.... i know we aint going to be brilliant every week but we have been poor in two games in a row and most of the killie game... i never seen the livi game so cant comment

Report card should read MUST DO BETTER
    Last edited by skyhibs; 15-08-2020 at 08:44 PM. Reason: fixture was the year before

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Really? Defensively we were fine, but when we had the ball it was tragic stuff. There was so many aimless passes getting played it was actually baffling. The ball was getting booted so high in the air at times it was coming down with snow on it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    Not OTT at all...we really deserved no points tonight but rode our luck... we deserved 1 point on Tuesday so really one out of 6.... .... Pi55 poor performance like that and the manager should take the blame... we will fall rapidly down the table with performances like that.... i know we aint going to be brilliant every week but we have been poor in two games in a row and most of the killie game... i never seen the livi game so cant comment

Report card should read MUST DO BETTER
    We defended well and deserved the point. Marciano has had one, maybe two proper saves to make.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

If anyone thought that was good enough today then you need help, it seems we are back where we started this time last year with teams coming to ER and dominating for long periods. If you were a walk up customer would you go and see the likes of that again ? i doubt it. The manager has to carry the can for that performance as it's now his team and tactics so no hiding place for him, that was a bad as we were against the Hearts so it's not a one off this type of display.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    We defended well and deserved the point. Marciano has had one, maybe two proper saves to make.
    And that's good enough at home !

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    And that's good enough at home !
    No, but the poster I replied to said we deserved no points. I disagreed with that statement, and made no comment on whether the performance was good enough.

Although, FWIW, the specific aspects that i mention in my post are good enough at home.

It was the rest of our play that wasn’t.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    If I may, I would like to add a small piece of forward looking perspective because I like to stay positive.

If we play like that for the rest of the season and grab a point each time, we will be at least 7 points clear of relegation come the end of the season.

There now, isn't that a more positive view?

@hibs.net private member
    If we draw next weekend, we’ll have people saying it’s “11 points out of 15”. We win our first three games and have to push on from there. I know mediocrity is the acceptable thing on these forums, but it’s time we pushed for more.

Win at St Johnstone, not play fo not lose.